Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Does anyone else feel loath to post bad results? There are so many great results above, I hate to break up the 'amazing results' party.

I was 7.1 this morning. My analysis is that I overate yesterday. Too many calories in a meal spike my blood sugars. It's been over 7 since lunchtime yesterday. Or maybe I'm coming down with something? Or perhaps I drank too much coffee. (Grasping at straws here.) Whatever, I'm fasting until lunchtime.

Flic2019

Keep at it.. comes down... dawn phenomenon is a real thing.. you will find many posts about it ... my way to address the dawn phenomenon has been:

- dinner as early as feasible. I target to finish before 7:00 pm.

- lowest level of carbs in dinner if possible no carbs at all.... No fruits after 4:00 pm.

- include a bit of apple cider vinegar in dinner if whats on menu is conducive (dressing on salads usually). I avoid going too much, as it has other effects. Probably a couple of tea spoons or a tablespoon at max.

- medication closer to bed time.

Hope that helps
Thanks for your advise. I will try all of this. Dinner is generally around 6pm so I shall carry on with that. I may limit myself to water only after 7pm and see if that makes a difference.

I have to have my tablet with food so will try and sort a no carb small snack for closer to bed time to rake it. Might that help? I dunno. Will try everything though :)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else feel loath to post bad results? There are so many great results above, I hate to break up the 'amazing results' party.

I was 7.1 this morning. My analysis is that I overate yesterday. Too many calories in a meal spike my blood sugars. It's been over 7 since lunchtime yesterday. Or maybe I'm coming down with something? Or perhaps I drank too much coffee. (Grasping at straws here.) Whatever, I'm fasting until lunchtime.
I struggle posting when my levels are high due to everyone elses levels being lower. Out of everyone who uses this forum theres only a small % that post on this thread. I'm sure out of everyone theres a lot of people with higher levels, we just don't know as they don't post. Some people don't even test their fbg. It is much easier to post when levels are within range and we feel good.

Hope your levels come down soon. I've found after eating certain food my blood stays high the next day, even when I don't spike, so maybe that's whats happening to you?

Reactions: geefull

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your advise. I will try all of this. Dinner is generally around 6pm so I shall carry on with that. I may limit myself to water only after 7pm and see if that makes a difference.

I have to have my tablet with food so will try and sort a no carb small snack for closer to bed time to rake it. Might that help? I dunno. Will try everything though :)

Welcome...I am sure you will figure it out... i too sometimes do the no carb snack if I feel a need... it should help.. good luck

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7:45 5.5

But have now run out of strips waiting for delivery of my new supplies.

My tester is a Safe Accu device which came with 50 test strips. At the same time as buying my test kit I purchased some additional Code Free test strips. Unfortunately I bought the wrong ones. I purchased test strips for the Safe accu 2 tester. These test strips appear to work but I get a massive difference in FBG, the Safe Accu-2 test strips read much higher for example this morning 6.4. Intriguingly by lunchtime, glucose measures about the same with both test strips. All very puzzling. Guess I'll just continue testing with the alternative strips until I get the proper ones - but only in the afternoons. Cheers.

Reactions: Keesha and Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

5.9 at 4:00 am.

The first official day of winter today, about 10° C outside, which will drop a few degrees when the sun starts to come up in hour or so. :***:

D

Deleted member 308541

When I first started posting in this very thread, I was up in the eights with my fbgl, I managed to get them down gradually into the fives and I had a short period when I was in the fours.

Don't worry about it @ert it will decrease, just give it time.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
When I first started posting in this very thread, I was up in the eights with my fbgl, I managed to get them down gradually into the fives and I had a short period when I was in the fours.

Don't worry about it @ert it will decrease, just give it time.
Thanks Tipetoo, You're an inspiration. Cheers ert

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning at 6:30. And 5.9 last night. If my memory is right this is the lowest fasting number since my diagnosis.

Last night’s dinner was a tiny chappati with spicy roasted eggplant (baingan bhartaa) and a salad. I had some nuts later as a snack before bedtime

Happy weekend everyone.

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I used to feel bad but posting my “bad” numbers and how i was feeling about it helped. So don’t feel bad... just share!!!!!

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I was 7.1 this morning. My analysis is that I overate yesterday.
So what is the problem? We all do the same thing, it is just **** hard to be perfect! Alas, I am the most perfect of all I know, except for my wife... :)

Just keep on trying, that is all that counts!!!...

Oh... And give yourself a pat on the back AND a raise!!!

Edit: Sorry, our new government has rescinded your raise until the price of oil rebounds... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shas3

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
f.b.s. at 0542 was 5.7...
have a good weekend all...
edited at 0841 after two cups of tea with a dash of soy milk twenty minutes on rowing machine and an hours walk with the dog.. 5.6 maybe a few too many carbs on friday..

Last edited: