638F6B71-4D28-4B27-B4B7-F6EDDFBFE6CC.jpeg

And thank you for all the crossing of digits, much appreciated ❤️

Reactions: WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, it’s not morning but it’s morning for me. 10.1 made go ooo I should get back to waking up early. But my brain said no sleep longer pls
My bf promised we’ll go out today, but he picks the nasiest smelling and tasting coffee - anyone had a sniff of a strong bold coffee, like a number 12? I’ve been enjoying blonde roast coffeee, you could argue weak strength coffee. :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My mum liked weak coffee. My sister and I called it "a warm brown drink" because to us it certainly wasn't coffee!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good afternoon. More fingers crossed here @Mel deCP.
Love all the mugs. I collect tourist tat ones from warm places I’ve been to, great to wake up to and use on a cloudy day.
Travel happy @Robinredbreast?
I’ve just sent off my driving licence for renewal - the turnaround’s too long for all but imaginary finger crossing, all and/or any appreciated. I can’t think of any reason it wouldn’t be renewed that’s not beaurocratic bad temper.
Have a good rest of the day.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good afternoon. More fingers crossed here @Mel deCP.
Love all the mugs. I collect tourist tat ones from warm places I’ve been to, great to wake up to and use on a cloudy day.
Travel happy @Robinredbreast?
I’ve just sent off my driving licence for renewal - the turnaround’s too long for all but imaginary finger crossing, all and/or any appreciated. I can’t think of any reason it wouldn’t be renewed that’s not beaurocratic bad temper.
Have a good rest of the day.
Finger crossing right back at you. Currently sat in the hospital car park, waiting to go in. Had quite an amusing day making water bottle rockets with a very low ability group of 11 year olds, and attempting to do baroque chamber music with year 10s. Only got told to F off by the one kid today, so that’s nice.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My mum in law is in her 90's. Today she went shopping with her next door neighbour, and Maria was buying burgers. Mum has never bought a burger before, and never eaten one. Today she is cooking burgers with onions & peppers. I'm amazed at her for (a) stepping out of her comfort zone and (b) never ever buying a burger before!

Mind you, we only got her to try garlic a couple of years ago. Didn't like it :joyful:

Reactions: hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Finger crossing right back at you. Currently sat in the hospital car park, waiting to go in. Had quite an amusing day making water borrow rockets with a very low ability group of 11 year olds, and attempting to do baroque chamber music with year 10s. Only got told to F off by the one kid today, so that’s nice.

Year 10 baroque? Bet they’d have enjoyed it more if they’d dressed up in historical cossies for it too!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Let us know, please, @WuTwo, if your mil becomes a regular at McDonalds

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Fairygodmother stop it with the dressing up ideas! So fed up of scrabbling round for costumes for fun school events! Greeks, Romans, Titanic passengers, punks, pop stars, dragons... you name it out school do it!

Reactions: porl69

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings my fellow pumpers and prickers, its been a while.

I have just returned from my 2 week jolly to Turkey and decided to save any grief at airport to go back to MDI and ditch the pump for a few weeks.

My BG over the 2 weeks was not good at all, generally running high or very high which in the main was caused by an incident one night. I had got back to aprtment around midnight, did Libre check and BG was around 8.5. Went to bed and woke around 3am with BG heading down at 6.5. Got up took a couple of biccies and back to bed. Half an hour later BG now at 5.2, heading down. Took 200 ml of coke and back to bed. Half hour later BG now at 4.2, oops so another 300 ml of coke and back to kip. 20 mins later BG now down to 3.7. Now panicking and have handful of jelly beans, 10 mins later BG still at 3.7. Went for more coke took one sip and then it happened. Broke out in cold sweat and suddenly was sick all over the place, real projectile vomiting.

BG had now dropped to 3.4 and I am now in full panic mode. Found my packet of Dextrose, the first time I had bought a packet in over 30 years. Scoffed most of packet and finally around 15 minutes later my BG was starting to go up.

I could not go through that again or put my poor wife through that. So for rest of holiday ran fairly high.

Back to pump this morning and its good to be back to near normal BG

Hope you all had a good couple of weeks.

PS if you do go somewhere sunny and have a Libre make sure you work it out so that you change this after 7 days to avoid a wee non tanned area on your arm

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@smc4761 - good to have you back and sorry the D-emon gave you a kick :( Would you stick with your pump next time, do you think?

My medical was just him asking me some questions about hypos and driving. I’m not entirely sure how much of an expert he actually was in diabetes, when I said I used a pump he didn’t seem to grasp that it means only using fast acting insulin, and asked me a couple of times for the name of my second one. Most odd. And then he said, “so on a good day, you hardly need to inject at all?” Very strange. He went back through a full three months of readings on my meter and wrote down every single reading below 4, which as I keep my range floor at 3.8 was quite a few. Still, he said it should go through ok, so just need to keep everything crossed until DVLA process it. Probably a month or so.

@helensaramay - hope your journey is smooooooth x

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 - good to have you back and sorry the D-emon gave you a kick :( Would you stick with your pump next time, do you think?

My medical was just him asking me some questions about hypos and driving. I’m not entirely sure how much of an expert he actually was in diabetes, when I said I used a pump he didn’t seem to grasp that it means only using fast acting insulin, and asked me a couple of times for the name of my second one. Most odd. And then he said, “so on a good day, you hardly need to inject at all?” Very strange. He went back through a full three months of readings on my meter and wrote down every single reading below 4, which as I keep my range floor at 3.8 was quite a few. Still, he said it should go through ok, so just need to keep everything crossed until DVLA process it. Probably a month or so.

@helensaramay - hope your journey is smooooooth x

Hi @Mel dCP loving the avatar. Think I will take pump next time it gives you soo much more control. It will maybe be a bit of a pain with all of the supplies plus back up MDI. I tend to spend a bit of time in water as well to cool off, so not sure how much of a pain that would be.

Libre was OK in water although when i was running high, eg BG of 18+ on Libre a finger test confirmed BG was nearer 12. On "normal BG" Libre was fairly accurate with finger test

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hooray! I have no idea why the previous Novorapid pen decided to die on me halfway though the usual 3 - 4 weeks use I generally get out of one, but I am rejoicing that a new pen from a new batch sorted last week's almost constant highs, with all my usual strategies failing to bring them down, and all is now back to what I consider normal for both ratios and blood sugars... (As one of my lovely lot said today, "Just what is normal?!? And who really cares? But, I rather like what is normal for us!")

I am also rejoicing I can return to my usual role for most of the next 10 days, in the unexpected absence of the one who necessitated my role change. There may be whirling dervish mode activated. Be afraid, colleagues and students, be very afraid.

But, right now this minute, I'm sitting still, pondering dealing with a musical mess, not of my making. Do I go with the dreadfulness, hope for the best, and point out to any grumblers "Nothing to do with me, I'm just paid to play." or do I go and look for another option to suggest which will be less dreadful - which will then necessitate thinking of a tactful way to say "This will work better and won't involve lots of people grumbling at either of us." Sighs deeply and toddles off to the music work laptop and the hymn books!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning all. This is an ungodly hour to have to be up but I need to go to work very early. Not for work's sake but because it is raining and my husband wants to drive me in, and today the car is being seen by its mechanic (front suspension). So that the car can go on time, I must go to work very early.

Ugh! If it wasn't belting down I'd be happy to walk but somehow a 45 minute walk in the pouring rain doesn't do it for me.....

Oh yeah - 6.00 when I got up. Pleased with that 'cos I had half a bar of the Montezuma Black Forest Gateau dark chocolate last night. Gorgeous stuff - my favourite at the moment, and only 18g for 50g of chocolate! Even so, it was carbier than I normally have at 9.00 p.m. so I wasn't sure if the ratio would be OK.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, just popped in to say hello on this bright and sunny morning. Afternoon and evening, in the 5's, then awoke on 9.4 :mad::***: and today was the first time I didn't get up before the alarm, I knew I was tired last night zzzzz

Wishing you all a Good Thursday :)

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Happy Thursday folks
Went to Rocky horror last night- absolutely awesome sooooo much fun & dancing in the aisles woke to 6.2 with a easterly arrow- Yes! Go team team, have a great day all x

Oh what fun! Did you dress up? My mate and his wife go every time that show is in town and always dress up. They do the same when the musical Sound of Music is on - everyone plays dress up for that one too!

But I love Rocky Horror!