What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Lack of walking or excess of chocolate a couple of days ago seem to have pushed me out of the 5s. One can never take one’s eye off the ball for a second it seems.
I’m driving to Plymouth with middle daughter today - she is transferring her mental health nursing degree there so she can live with us in Cornwall. She’s meeting her tutor and wants to check out travelling times, parking etc. It’ll be a trip down memory lane for me as Mr C and I both studied at Plymouth (Poly as it was then, before it got an inflated sense of importance and became a university) 40yrs ago. I’m looking forward to seeing it again.
@Shas3 I also find that lag effect after eating and before I feel full. If I’m not careful I’ll just have ‘a bit more’ and carry on until I realise I’ve had way too much and am now uncomfortable full. I have to tell myself before a meal that this before me is a portion. Wait 1/2 hr - 1hr or so and then, as you said I feel fine.
Re wine I find a glass or 2 of red or a g&t will often give lower fbg but white wine, even dry white is naturally a bit sweeter and doesn’t always have this effect.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in one of those cant be bothered moods today...couldn't be bothered to make fresh coffee so had instant ...couldn't be bothered to make breakfast...can't be bothered to open the curtains I know what's there (rain)… forced myself to test woke to a 6.1

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Had a few naughty beers last night. Think I'll try the brand which claims "all the sugar turns to alcohol". 2nd thought. Why not try no beer?

FBG 7.0 at 06.30 today.

Off to an exam board conference. Two days with lunchtime buffets, but should be alright in the evening restaurant. Have a great day everyone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.9
Meter seems to be stuck I think...but suits me...
Weather is stuck too with rain and grey skies...
I have research to do today...
Then I have decided to treat myself to a Carvery roast lunch...not had one since Christmas...

Have a good day…I intend to…

>^..^<

Update: Just remembered I have the diabetic Dietician appointment this afternoon....

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, we lost a pear tree to the storms so I have clear that up. Luckily it missed everything in its fall so it will just be a chainsaw job. Shame though as it was a lovely tree and the pears had just started forming.

Aww. Sad. Your own fruit trees are the best and tastiest.
Take care with the the chainsaw.
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in one of those cant be bothered moods today...couldn't be bothered to make fresh coffee so had instant ...couldn't be bothered to make breakfast...can't be bothered to open the curtains I know what's there (rain)… forced myself to test woke to a 6.1

Hugs...lots of them..
Take care.
>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Up in the night with a migraine I get them a lot. I haven't found a trigger and was hoping that low carb might sort them but it hasn't yet. I have medication but it leaves me feeling groggy most of the next day. When I actually got up it was to a 5.5.
Off later for last week's bloods results - a "chat" with the practice nurse. First though there are bins to put out
Take care

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 today

it's another grey day here in the North and only 9'C , at least it's not currently raining but I'll need my woolly pully today methinks ;)
We'll be inside for most of the day today so perhaps I can do some laps of the 'shed' instead of a walk. I admit I didn't get a walk yesterday :sorry:

I smell coffee from the kitchen so mr gee has got his act together, I'd better go and do likewise

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bildad so sorry to hear of you migraine and bearing that in mind bg was superbly behaved. Best wishes for the results and feedback. @HarrisonK great fbg but sorry to hear of the lost pear tree; @Krystyna23040 fbg nice and low as is @trick60. @geefull usual excellent fbg and hope the woolly pully and shed laps work for you. I'm off to have my broken tooth prepped for a crown - first dental work in at least 30 years so very apprehensive. Probably way too old for I was a brave boy sticker.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bildad so sorry to hear of you migraine and bearing that in mind bg was superbly behaved. Best wishes for the results and feedback. @HarrisonK great fbg but sorry to hear of the lost pear tree; @Krystyna23040 fbg nice and low as is @trick60. @geefull usual excellent fbg and hope the woolly pully and shed laps work for you. I'm off to have my broken tooth prepped for a crown - first dental work in at least 30 years so very apprehensive. Probably way too old for I was a brave boy sticker.
Thank you.
I trust that the dental work passes without too much pain (until the bill arrives).

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 for me today after probably the last moules in Cornwall. Going on the ferry to Polruan today for a bit of a walk on that side and back again to Fowey. We havent been back to Fowey in 23 years but nothing has changed other than a few extra houses on the way in. Its very pretty.
@HarrisonK you have got me worried about my garden now. Are you in the south?@gennepher I hope you have a relaxing day with your cat after yesterdays trials and tribulations.@trick60 I bet the lamb stew was to die for...hope Mrs T is better.
@DJC3 have a safe drive to Plymouth and enjoy being back in your old stomping ground. Did you and Mr C meet there?
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning.. great news my dishwasher is back.. plumbed in and everything :) my kitchen is almost fully functional again.. the floor is booked in for Tuesday so fingers crossed

This morning I feel a little in gopher land. Halfway between lala land and zonked.

I’ve tested and I’m on 3.8. On the random number generator. A little lower than I prefer.. a lot lower than I prefer but all bodes

I’m going to ask Siri to play guess Kim’s sugar reading.

Jeep smiling peeps

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh that’s bad - instant koffy - oh dear, so sorry for you, a sure sign of a breakout of deep “can’t be bothered-itis”.
Perhaps you need to speak to a Barisa and get this sorted before it worsens.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The deluge has calmed; or is it calm before the storm and then the storm has abated, or subsided or just plain old stopped. Anyhow, not the worst I have witnessed but a pair of geese were waddling down the road this morning wearing snorkels and flippers - reminds me of how geese had their feet tarred to march off to the goose fairs (no - just knowledge, not something I witnessed in times of yore).

Anyhow, I was left unsupervised yesterday evening, Mrs Miggins and her sister off to the theatre to see a production of The King And I. In the fridge I spied a couple of saucisses de Toulouse and in a flash, chimp jumped out of it’s box and shouted; “oh, yum yum, these just must go into a chunk of baguette that Mrs Miggins has lounging in a bread sac in the depths of the cupboard. And, all star struck and gullible, and without a by your leave, and before I could react, your honour, and in my defence I was unsupervised.....
Can you remember that programme called 77 Sunset Strip - the wheel of ancient knowledge and black and white TV programmes can and even issued forth those very same numbers, albeit with a small dot to separate them.

Teaching point: bread is still not good.

So, have a great day if you can:
Big hugs @dogslife to you and yours in this distressing time.
@Bildad - glad your mum is on the mend. Hope the migraine calms and that your blood results are all you wish them to be - commiserations to your bins for not being part of International Bin Day.
@ianpspurs - hope the bill for the dental work is not as great as the physical discomfort caused by the tooth itself.

EDIT: It’s raining - again.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Wonderful weather for the time of year isn't it?
A rather grumpy 7.2 climbed out of the meter, swore at me and me's then vanished in a puff of methane. I must get that meter looked at, but in my heart of hearts I am certain my pals chaos and mayhem have been at it.

Well folks I can honestly say that playing " Sound of Silence " on the keyboard at full volume at 1am is not very neighbourly or so some of my neighbours informed me.
Mrs J had a nice little surprise this morning, I woke her up playing " Early in the Morning " I thought it would be a nice start to the day for her....... apparently it wasn't.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aww. Sad. Your own fruit trees are the best and tastiest.
Take care with the the chainsaw.
>^..^<

It was a lovely tree, always gave a good harvest of pears. I'll dry the wood out and use it for the new bar-b-q's, pearwood smells nice. I have a very healthy respect for the chainsaw.

@HarrisonK you have got me worried about my garden now.

I'm in the Midlands on the edge of Birmingham, soil here is mostly clay and it is waterlogged at the moment.

@HarrisonK
great fbg but sorry to hear of the lost pear tree;

They take so long to grow and we need every one of them given the state we've put our world into.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that’s bad - instant koffy - oh dear, so sorry for you, a sure sign of a breakout of deep “can’t be bothered-itis”.
Perhaps you need to speak to a Barisa and get this sorted before it worsens.
I'm on probation for that earlier admission dunelm..a .second coffee is brewing & about to be examined by a panel of experts if it meets the grade...I'll be released without penalty.;)
'

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just so you know I strongly suspect its Bin Day in Fowey, black ones with orange lids, marine blue with black lids and one very pretty pale pink with a white lid (on closer inspection it was once red but may have been faded by the sun, not this year obs). If I got it wrong and its not collection day then its defo Rearrange the bins day. Just glad I didnt miss it! Off to Polperro in a minute, we were intending to go by boat but there is a heavy drizzle and bad visibility so going by car instead.