What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Too much of the slippery slope lately e.g. down to the cafe for egg and chips when there is a prawn salad in the fridge. I blame the cold, wet weather.
B. HiLo toast with mackerel pate and cucumbers, HiLo toast with butter and vegemite, black tea, black coffee.
L. In restaurant. Halloumi salad with hummus, flatbread, diet coke, black coffee.
D. Feta and watermelon salad then leftover vege curry and dhal.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi guys like @Chook I’m back after longish absence - good to talk to you all again - my break included a week in sunny Spain plus time before and after with mum in a rainy York’s. Will just list a few things today and then get back to normal food recording tomorrow evening. Will also aim to catch up with reading your many many entries if get time!
Mum unfortunately wasn’t too well in Spain but been to drs since back and hopefully sorting out her meds will help her get back to level. I also had a bad fall in Spain and landed heavily on my left knee so still recovering from that - the wound and bruising settling but knee joint still recovering! No doubt will settle soon with some rest and hope to do some swimming in the week (could do this in parts of flooded Bewdley at moment!)
Hotel buffet food was amazing no worries re carbs tended to have bacon and eggs or omelette for breakfast with small glass of fizz! and for dinner fish first course - range of amazing fish and a main with meat or fish and small salad followed by cheese selection. We also had nut nibbles before meal so probably ate more than should but stayed low carb. Much better experience than last year food wise in Spain.
Wonderful father’s day today with both boys over had steak, cauliflower cheese, mushrooms and asparagus followed by a couple of strawberries and fage 5% yoghurt.
Hope your knee improves soon. Glad to hear that you scored on the food front in Spain. Going on holiday can always be a bit of a gamble and I resist having to fill a cabin bag with HiLo bread and nuts if flying on the cheap.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 hope the knee heals soon and father;s day sounds as though it went well. To the food: B= tea then a CWC. NE1 around 14.20 was acovado and mackerel salad - 2 tins of mackerel today. NE2 around 18.00 was egg and cheese salad with the highly functional vinaigrette. I did have another CWC in between the NE's can't work out why and not very impressed with myself.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Lunch today was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos.

Dinner - out at a Turkish restaurant as stage 1 in my Dad’s 80th Birthday celebrations. Had a mixed grill of Kofte kebab, coup,e of bits of chicken shish, couple of bits of lamb shish, 2 chicken wings, lamb chop and 1 piece kidney. The accompanying salad was donated to my dad.

Also had about two thirds of a Hotel Chocolat 100% egg.
Loving your avatar you star you!

Reactions: Chook and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Cheese and eggs and ham thrown in the microwave.

Coffee with cream

Frozen fruit with cream

Coffee with cream

Tea

Found some cooked mince and veg in fridge...forgot about it...tentative taste...seems okay...so reheated it. Had pork scratchings with it. I am still alive 4 hours later...

Coffee with cream

Tea

Water

>^..^<

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi guys like @Chook I’m back after longish absence - good to talk to you all again - my break included a week in sunny Spain plus time before and after with mum in a rainy York’s. Will just list a few things today and then get back to normal food recording tomorrow evening. Will also aim to catch up with reading your many many entries if get time!
Mum unfortunately wasn’t too well in Spain but been to drs since back and hopefully sorting out her meds will help her get back to level. I also had a bad fall in Spain and landed heavily on my left knee so still recovering from that - the wound and bruising settling but knee joint still recovering! No doubt will settle soon with some rest and hope to do some swimming in the week (could do this in parts of flooded Bewdley at moment!)
Hotel buffet food was amazing no worries re carbs tended to have bacon and eggs or omelette for breakfast with small glass of fizz! and for dinner fish first course - range of amazing fish and a main with meat or fish and small salad followed by cheese selection. We also had nut nibbles before meal so probably ate more than should but stayed low carb. Much better experience than last year food wise in Spain.
Wonderful father’s day today with both boys over had steak, cauliflower cheese, mushrooms and asparagus followed by a couple of strawberries and fage 5% yoghurt.
Hope your knee improves soon. Glad to hear that you scored on the food front in Spain. Going on holiday can always be a bit of a gamble and I resist having to fill a cabin bag with HiLo bread and nuts if flying on the cheap.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, how lovely to see the empty seats around the dinner table full again - good to see you back @shelley262 and @Chook. Shame about the weather @Chook but it sounds like you enjoyed the break anyway. Hugs for the knee injury @shelley262 but I’m glad the food was good and hope your mum fells better soon.
Spent today with young Dennis in the house or garden. Vet check tomorrow then we will be able to go out and about, although his little legs might not take us far.
Just CWC this morning
Lunch- to remind me of my holiday and also since @PenguinMum has had this meal often recently and made me miss it - moules. From Sainsbury’s so not a patch on the fresh Scottish ones I had or the Cornish ones she had but never mind.
D: DD Keto Asian cabbage stir fry. Still trying to find Fodmaps menus which match lchf. Had to miss out the onions, garlic and chilli from this dish so it was bland really.
Sf jelly and cream afterwards.

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Only been diagnosed 2 weeks ago T1 had T2 for about 2yrs and being a sweet tooth for so many years my yearning for sugar is not as bad as it use to be I haven't had chocalate for 9 days which for me is a miracle

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, how lovely to see the empty seats around the dinner table full again - good to see you back @shelley262 and @Chook. Shame about the weather @Chook but it sounds like you enjoyed the break anyway. Hugs for the knee injury @shelley262 but I’m glad the food was good and hope your mum fells better soon.
Spent today with young Dennis in the house or garden. Vet check tomorrow then we will be able to go out and about, although his little legs might not take us far.
Just CWC this morning
Lunch- to remind me of my holiday and also since @PenguinMum has had this meal often recently and made me miss it - moules. From Sainsbury’s so not a patch on the fresh Scottish ones I had or the Cornish ones she had but never mind.
D: DD Keto Asian cabbage stir fry. Still trying to find Fodmaps menus which match lchf. Had to miss out the onions, garlic and chilli from this dish so it was bland really.
Sounds like you had a good day with Dennis. Sympathise with LC and fodmap but at least you like lc so 1 person in your household is happy. Have you come across this link? https://www.monashfodmap.com/blog/cooking-with-onion-and-garlic-myths-and/

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just CWC this morning
Are you needing to do fodmaps for you or other family members? Sounds very difficult especially the seasoning I love chilli.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up to a 7.0 this morning so after a couple of teas had small slice HiLo toast cooled then with lots of butter. Didnt have lunch tested at 2pm and was 6.0 so powered through. Got busy early evening so didnt test but have just eaten baked chicken breast with green rice (not rice but green veg) and a Lo Cal jelly.
@shelley262 sorry about your knee and hope it heals quickly.@DJC3 did go to S and got food in for the teo of us for week but forgot about Moules though we probably need to leave a bit of a gap after all the indulgence in Cornwall. Hope little Dennis continues to settle well and you all have a good night again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much for the link - very interesting, I will be making garlic infused oil tomorrow, great idea. Also the green bits of spring onions are a cheering addition.
Chives are also good. I had forgotten about those until this weekend.

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you needing to do fodmaps for you or other family members? Sounds very difficult especially the seasoning I love chilli.

It’s for middle daughter who’s IBS has flared up quite debilitatingly recently. She’s been eating lchf which may well have exacerbated her condition. Most of the things we’ve been eating are not the things she should eat. We will work it out somehow, I like spicy food too but I have a ‘chilli mill’ to grind dried chillis onto food which I’ll be putting to good use.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up to a 7.0 this morning so after a couple of teas had small slice HiLo toast cooled then with lots of butter. Didnt have lunch tested at 2pm and was 6.0 so powered through. Got busy early evening so didnt test but have just eaten baked chicken breast with green rice (not rice but green veg) and a Lo Cal jelly.
@shelley262 sorry about your knee and hope it heals quickly.@DJC3 did go to S and got food in for the teo of us for week but forgot about Moules though we probably need to leave a bit of a gap after all the indulgence in Cornwall. Hope little Dennis continues to settle well and you all have a good night again.

The S ones weren’t a patch on fresh from the Cornish coast. Probably just as well you forgot.
Hope your almost Omad day helps your bg levels to beat the post holiday blues.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s for middle daughter who’s IBS has flared up quite debilitatingly recently. She’s been eating lchf which may well have exacerbated her condition. Most of the things we’ve been eating are not the things she should eat. We will work it out somehow, I like spicy food too but I have a ‘chilli mill’ to grind dried chillis onto food which I’ll be putting to good use.
. Sounds complex hope it improves soon.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Was a bit disorganised today.
Morning had a cup of weak tea with dash cream then forgot to make myself breakfast.
Lunch: 3 oz Roast Pork, sprouts, broccoli, fingerful of swede. decaf tea and dash of cream.
Late supper 20:00 - Burger, egg, small tomato. Followed by berries and Cream.
Decaf coffee - you guessed it with cream. (I bought some really thick cream which I absolutely love. Little wonder I struggling to lose weight)