Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all. A slightly less uppy-downey day today, but still a bit too rollercoastery for my liking. School was... school, and then I drove straight to Cardiff for a record signing, where I was munching on dextrose tables to keep my levels up. All of a sudden it seems my morning basal rate is half what it should be, and the afternoon rate double. Normally when it goes awry it one time of day, and only by a little. This massive discrepancy is bothering me. And my bruised toenail from about six month ago has grown back, and I did exactly the same thing by wearing heels today - it’s now bruised looking and will probably fall off. I’m such a plank sometimes.

Just got home and had dinner, so let’s see what the night brings.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning! Happy, hopefully warm sunny Saturday. A BBQ is on the cards, and lots of wine, Just me and the husband. Last day of our guinea pig lodger as son returns today. It has been much better weather in North Wales, where he has been, than here in Leeds. 8.1 on waking a little higher than I would like but hey ho today is another day.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all! Woke up on a happy 5.4 (thanks to food/bolus/food in the night).

Now here I am up, dressed and waiting for furniture which could arrive any time from 7.00 through to 11.15 a.m. I am looking forward to it!

And the new carpet shampooer arrives today - it doesn't have one single bad review. Husband says he'll do the sitting room again, and the hallway. Going to look so much better!

Tutti is in the middle of a tummy upset. Someone gave her something as they went past the gate and dhe's been ill ever since. No one would hurt her on purpose; she's got friends all up and down the road of all ages. The kids in particular adore her. I can imagine some sweet sticky kiddy treat being given to Tutti with love. Makes for a lot of clean-up though......

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, it's going to a scorcher here, so have now decided to get the train to the seaside.
I had yet another hypo last night before bed, dinner was peppered Macekrel, salad and some Florida coleslaw, some grapes and a yogurt, so now in double figures this morning :rolleyes: Loving my new friend the Libre and happily scanning away:happy:
Have a great Saturday and safe one out in the heat :)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all! Woke up on a happy 5.4 (thanks to food/bolus/food in the night).

Now here I am up, dressed and waiting for furniture which could arrive any time from 7.00 through to 11.15 a.m. I am looking forward to it!

And the new carpet shampooer arrives today - it doesn't have one single bad review. Husband says he'll do the sitting room again, and the hallway. Going to look so much better!

Tutti is in the middle of a tummy upset. Someone gave her something as they went past the gate and dhe's been ill ever since. No one would hurt her on purpose; she's got friends all up and down the road of all ages. The kids in particular adore her. I can imagine some sweet sticky kiddy treat being given to Tutti with love. Makes for a lot of clean-up though......

I hope Tutti get better very soon and sending a big (((HUG))))) her way :)

Reactions: WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is how ive felt today with these blooming hypos you wouldnt believe what ive ate today even had large donor meat and chips for tea out the chippy only took 5u and you've guessed it down to 2.8 maybe my pancreas has decided to splutter back to life ...i can dream View attachment 33985

Another great pic Karen :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, first night in range for a week, hurrah! Now I need to decide whether to preempt a foot on the floor that might not happen... out for brunch and then heading into Cardiff for a gig. I’m going to melt!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning chaps, first night in range for a week, hurrah! Now I need to decide whether to preempt a foot on the floor that might not happen... out for brunch and then heading into Cardiff for a gig. I’m going to melt!

It's supposed to be 30c here today, so off to the coast which should be 25c.
Have a great time in Cardiff :)

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP Have fun! Remember the extra Glucotabs by the ton! Oh, and have fun :joyful::joyful::joyful:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am now officiallly on holiday after one of the worst weeks ever in lots of ways, topped off by the drive from Somerset to Cheshire which took way over 5 hours and was horrid. Thank whoever for climate control in cars, at least the temperature was comfortable. Odd to be in a cottage selected for my dog and she's not here; we're on a farm which has ropey access through some narrow gaps between rusty old farm kit and stone walls, although the accommodation's nice when you get there. So I have the luxury of doing whatever I like - including nothing at all - while it's so hot. Have a good weekend all, hoping for no more hypos, and don't get burnt!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, glorious, beautiful sunshine, windows open and birds singing.
Up early 8.0, rage "bloused", back to bed and just got up with 3.6. Loathe glucotabs, just had 2 of them so now I'm going to have a rare treat and make myself some toast. I'm still learning I shouldn't have corrected. Too late now
Sunscreen and hat ready

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to see @porl69 about that he has this thing about frocks did tell him was not sure about wearing it with blouses but you know him, modern cuing edge and cutting a dashing figure ;) :hilarious:

Pinafore and blouse? You really are a jeans and t-shirt gal ;) I prefer mine to match with Fendi trousers :woot::hilarious::hilarious:

@hh1 Where about in Cheshire are you?

Things over here are fine, except for trying to get the right colour colour combos for the lovely sunshine and the village fate, no rage "blousing" yet but it is only the start of the day.

So take care slap on the sun screen and wear a big brimmed hat :)
Just outside a village called Kelsall; do you know it? (Not sure where you are)

Reactions: Knikki and SueJB

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 I used to live in Chester and Kelsall is close. Hope you get time to visit my home town, it's beautiful
It's on the list. I've never been and I hear good things; waiting for a slightly cooler day later in the week.

Reactions: Japes

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know it but know of it, if you get what I mean, Delamere Forest is close to there some really nice walks, Blakemere Craft Centre is close, not been for a few years but nice all the same, Oulton Park Race Circuit is also close not sure if any racing is on, then the other way there is Chester and the Zoo.

If you stand some where high and look North Eastish and see a big white radio telescope Joderall Bank we are not to far from there.
Thanks Knikki, a forest walk in hot weather would be a good plan; I'll look your way if I find a high enough hill and can figure out where north east is ;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

We have furniture! So much comfier than the floor! Dogs like it too. (I put blankies on the bits I know they'll use).

And my new bathbombs arrive today - perfect day for a luxury wallow before dinner:joyful: