What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak
I have found the same with notifications on this and threads I follow.
I did what you did, unwatch and watch again but made no difference...
Also I put the person’s name in my reply now in the hopes that will help notifications?
I end up trawling through all the posts to check....

>^..^<
Maybe we should highlight to mods. It may be a technical glitch that needs looking at @Rachox

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.3 this morning

wrote this out and missed hitting post earlier :sorry:

we were out early doors to the garage this morning because the car developed an unexpected and mysterious oil leak, it was already booked in to get a pre MOT check later in the week so we took it in this morning, they had a quick look at it and decided it was probably a small leak around the oil filter.
Since it was booked in for a service tomorrow it's back to the garage tomorrow morning early for that and they'll do the pre MOT then too. We already suspect a wheel bearing and two tyres so at least the leak doesn't seem to be too serious, fingers crossed ;)

we had a most beautiful sunny day yesterday and today, as forecast, it's piddling down, never mind, at least we got a healthy afternoon in the garden yesterday :happy:

Hope your day is treating you well :)
Weather much the same here. Bonus side, plants being watered!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe we should highlight to mods. It may be a technical glitch that needs looking at @Rachox
Hi @Debandez if any of you are having technical problems with notifications it’s probably best to email [email protected]. The only other gem of info I have is that this thread is in the General Chat subforum so it doesn’t feature in the ‘Recent Posts’ list, whether that’s why notifications aren’t being sent I don’t know. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I’ll just tag in @DCUKMod incase they have any ideas.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you ever accidentally photographed your feet while aiming your phone at something else?

Because I have, and only realized it later on when scrolling through pics I'd actually intended to take. :coldfeet:

Yes! Numerous occasions! Today being one of them although this pic was taken on purpose. Just to show friends how messy my office can be! The feet inside were nice and toastie, beautifully clean and well manicured however. But they are very camera shy so I wont put them on the spot!

Attachments

• 20190709_170912_resized.jpg
    20190709_170912_resized.jpg
    940.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190709_170912_resized.jpg
    20190709_170912_resized.jpg
    940.9 KB · Views: 86

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez if any of you are having technical problems with notifications it’s probably best to email [email protected]. The only other gem of info I have is that this thread is in the General Chat subforum so it doesn’t feature in the ‘Recent Posts’ list, whether that’s why notifications aren’t being sent I don’t know. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I’ll just tag in @DCUKMod incase they have any ideas.
Thank you @Rachox

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes! Numerous occasions! Today being one of them although this pic was taken on purpose. Just to show friends how messy my office can be! The feet inside were nice and toastie, beautifully clean and well manicured however. But they are very camera shy so I wont put them on the spot!

Cool boots! (even if they're nice and toastie on the inside they look "cool" on the outside.)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another day, another 5.9.

Coming down with a bad cold, a legacy of the air conditioning in our London hotel. Even less fun to have a cold in the middle of a heatwave.

Still feeling high with relief after yesterday's blood tests results - they had been a real source of worry for me

Have a great day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning diabetes massive. Using machine Lancelot and set of numbers 572 this morning's draw is confirmed as 5.1 - other numbers are available in the real world. May or may not be some DP in there as by 5.00 pm I had been awake for well over an hour. Another low energy day beckons in this strange war between non diabetic numbers and functionality that is taking place lately. @DJC3 your A1c will be excellent today and best wishes for the really important one tomorrow. Enjoy your day folks you'll never get another chance.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just noticed this in the garden and remembered that someone mentioned liking the look of aubergines.

It is a photo of a very young aubergine growing on a plant in our garden. Not sure if they do grow in the UK.

For some reason known only to herself, our housekeeper decided to plant various vegetable plants amongst our flower beds. Not sure if tomato plants and palm trees look good together but if it keeps her happy I do not mind as the vegetable plants are short lived.

Besides any sight of greenery is a plus in the middle of our long dry summers.
20190710_084500.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an horrendous day yesterday...took the first call on my client at 5am followed by delay after delay after delay...in London by 11:30...more delays...client not dealt with until 5pm...got home around 8pm...hungry irritated & mystified at how shoddily the 'other side' presented themselves...after not eating the whole day ate sensibly until my lovely neighbour offered me some mini chocolate chip cup cakes...I'm afraid they just disappeared...this morning woke to an unsurprising 7.4.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.3

An amazing downturn again.

Warning...this is a bit of a long post About what i think is the reason for this going down of my fbg (and my during the day numbers)...maybe make a coffee first if you want to read further.

I have been making more notes and stuff in my notebook. And trying to design a spreadsheet to help with what I want to make concise notes on. The spreadsheet has been developing for a week now. So I will draw the final copy out today on an A4 sheet of paper. It is a weekly spreadsheet. And I will photocopy it. I don't crunch data and do statistics, but I like a more visual way of seeing my data.

The main thing for this reduction in fbg ( and other daily numbers) appears to be by eating everything before midday. And absolutely nothing after midday. Not even a packet of pork scratchings, not even a piece of chocolate, not even a babybel cheese.

Depending on my day, whether I am at home or going out etc, determines when in the morning I eat the bulk of my food.

If I have to go out, and I am going out by myself then I eat the bulk of my morning food for breakfast. Maybe pop a babybel or two in my bag for midmorning.

If I am going out to meet friends, then wherever we meet (it is usually in the morning, but not always), I have to make sure beforehand that I can choose the food I have decided is the best for my diabetes and blood sugar.

I am meeting friends tomorrow and they wanted the afternoon teas (all those cream cakes, and no I dont fancy them or even hanker for them, but it's at 2 pm), so there is absolutely nothing there for me, so I renegotiated with them and we have agreed to meet at 12:30. So I will have the roast lunch minus potatoes and they will have a coffee. Then at 2pm they can have their afternoon tea and I will have a pot of tea. it is in a location where any of us can wander off during the afternoon (it's a fabric and craft mills)to do a little shopping or look around. And I think it is better than everyone sitting round an afternoon tea afternoon finally getting bored, and possibly thinking thank goodness we can go home now (I know I do, and some people go silent for a bit and fidgety). This is the first time I have been assertive as this and stated my needs (I did initially say I wouldn't go so they could have their afternoon tea, but they said no we wil find a compromise). So I will be eating a wee bit later, but not so much that it will impact on my readings or GERD for an odd occasion. I will probably have a breakfast of scrambled eggs and cheese first thing.

I have also renegotiated with another friend who i meet for a meal about locations and time. I have come up with some new places which satisfies her need for browsing in shops. (I absolutely hate browsing in shops, especially clothes, she tries all this stuff on with no intention to buy, but we all have to compromise somewhere)

So, if I am at home for the day, then all my food is eaten before midday. Depending on how my body feels that day, then i will have the bulk of the morning's food at breakfast. Or two smaller meals before midday. Either way seems to work in stabilising blood sugars.

I do live on my own, only have to see to myself as regards food, so this is probably easier for me than most of you. You have families, partners, probably frequent family gatherings. It must be very hard. I just have to deal with myself and my own mindset, which can be nuisance at times, but if I am 'strict' with myself, at least at this stage, then I still have room for experimentation adding different foods, but still sticking to my before 12 noon rule of eating.

I have written this as record to myself, as well, for my journey in this.

Also I am losing weight on a daily basis by eating everything before noon.

I was eating the same amount of food before, but spreading further into the afternoon probably up to about 3 pm. And I was not losing any weight with that time window even if i didnt start to eat until 11am.

I don't understand how I can lose weight just by eating the same foods, but in an earlier time window, the morning, but that is what is happening.

Anything can change in diabetes. But I hope this way of eating continues for me.

I did read somewhere that when you get your blood sugar under control, then the weight will naturally fall off. I can't remember the exact explanation but it was something to do with the body using the sugar input more correctly (bad explanation, but best I can do).

Thank you for reading. I will go and make a coffee, and then come back and edit any mistakes or spelling mistakes or predictive text mistakes (predictive text can make a whole different story to what you are actually writing, and I am typing from a separate keyboard to my iPad with my eyes shut, a longer post is hard to write for me, strains my eyes).

So back in a bit to check.

Take care.

>^..^<

Last edited: