What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slight change of topic...
I've noticed I don't always get the notifications that others have replied to this or other threads.

Have 'unwatched' then "watched" thread again, see if that fixes things.

@jjraak
I have found the same with notifications on this and threads I follow.
I did what you did, unwatch and watch again but made no difference...
Also I put the person’s name in my reply now in the hopes that will help notifications?
I end up trawling through all the posts to check....

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That always reminds me of me and OH learning to swim when we first became parents. OH achieved 5 metre certificate which tbh he just had to kick off the wall. He stopped there. In my class I was so scared I disrupted everyone (unintentionally) and was asked to leave so still unable to swim! The good news is both boys are able to swim!
Enjoy your class Ian.

Perhaps I shouldn’t laugh as you were scared, but the thought of you being asked to leave the swimming class is impossible to resist. Glad the boys can swim though. I think swimming is definitely easiest to learn when young.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Up til about 2am putting together a leaflet for diabetics and anyone just wanting to lose weight. Working with my surgery on this and would like it sorting for next week when I'm attending a big PPG networking meeting. Can pass to unsuspecting victims of other PPGs and CCG members. But I found it hard. Dont want to tread on any toes which is practically impossible when I'm advocating lchf! Will see where it goes. The bin probably!!! Have included my journey to remission, normalising my BP and 4 stone weight loss. Low carb food list. Meal suggestions (my weekly choices basically) Dr Unwins visual guide to sugars in common foods.

Today's agenda = stripping walls. Almost done. Then jet washing paving stones. Doesnt get any more exciting than that!!!

Almost hump day (already looking forward to weekend and it's only Tuesday!!!)

Well done Debs. What stamina! You’re brilliant.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to diabetic podiatry appt. there were 3 people already there. I asked how long they’d been waiting and it was an hour! They said no one had come out and there was a ‘do not disturb’ notice on the door. Time to rally the troops and we all went and knocked on the door together. The chap who appeared was genuinely perplexed and said there was no clinic today! A couple of the people were quite old and had mobility issues and looked so crestfallen, he said he would see us anyway and was so apologetic and lovely about the mix up we all forgave him. Appointments are made through a central office so communication had obviously broken down.
As a bonus he said he would never have thought I was diabetic as my feet were in tip top shape. I fairly skipped out of there - I bet he says that to all the girls.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.3 this morning

wrote this out and missed hitting post earlier :sorry:

we were out early doors to the garage this morning because the car developed an unexpected and mysterious oil leak, it was already booked in to get a pre MOT check later in the week so we took it in this morning, they had a quick look at it and decided it was probably a small leak around the oil filter.
Since it was booked in for a service tomorrow it's back to the garage tomorrow morning early for that and they'll do the pre MOT then too. We already suspect a wheel bearing and two tyres so at least the leak doesn't seem to be too serious, fingers crossed ;)

we had a most beautiful sunny day yesterday and today, as forecast, it's piddling down, never mind, at least we got a healthy afternoon in the garden yesterday :happy:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to diabetic podiatry appt. there were 3 people already there. I asked how long they’d been waiting and it was an hour! They said no one had come out and there was a ‘do not disturb’ notice on the door. Time to rally the troops and we all went and knocked on the door together. The chap who appeared was genuinely perplexed and said there was no clinic today! A couple of the people were quite old and had mobility issues and looked so crestfallen, he said he would see us anyway and was so apologetic and lovely about the mix up we all forgave him. Appointments are made through a central office so communication had obviously broken down.
As a bonus he said he would never have thought I was diabetic as my feet were in tip top shape. I fairly skipped out of there - I bet he says that to all the girls.

I'm sure he considered it worth opening up just to have had the opportunity to examine a tip-top pair of feet for a change! Congratulations to you for your healthy feet and to all of you for rallying and rousing the doc.
113.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. I am learning that my morning FBG numbers are not so much the result of what I ate just the night before as they are an ongoing indication of what I have been eating on recent days.

At least that's the idea I got on this particular morning, from reviewing my FBG number today and on recent mornings. Who knows, tomorrow morning my reading may give me another idea entirely, maybe even one that will contradict this morning's idea.

Que sera sera.
8a3e6f44dede9b78965466e1f8da3da0.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.3 this morning

wrote this out and missed hitting post earlier :sorry:

we were out early doors to the garage this morning because the car developed an unexpected and mysterious oil leak, it was already booked in to get a pre MOT check later in the week so we took it in this morning, they had a quick look at it and decided it was probably a small leak around the oil filter.
Since it was booked in for a service tomorrow it's back to the garage tomorrow morning early for that and they'll do the pre MOT then too. We already suspect a wheel bearing and two tyres so at least the leak doesn't seem to be too serious, fingers crossed ;)

we had a most beautiful sunny day yesterday and today, as forecast, it's piddling down, never mind, at least we got a healthy afternoon in the garden yesterday :happy:

Hope your day is treating you well :)
The winner is for the fbg and gardening yesterday. Hug for the car - can't such an experienced knitter as yourself knit bearings?:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
GGF (glamorous grannies's feet) competition no good without the pics:angelic:

Oh blimey! My feet may have impressed a diabetes podiatrist but I ain’t no foot model. Wouldn’t dream of photographing them - would probably put you off your mug of tea.

Reactions: Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a good job you all knocked on the door and at least he was friendly. Top marks for the tip top feet! Re swimming the others in the class knew I was terrified so they all kept looking for me when I disappeared....once like an upside down beetle on the floor of the pool, another time clinging to the water filter with my knuckles locked, both times rescued by the other learners while teacher sat dryside just shaking her head in disbelief.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a good job you all knocked on the door and at least he was friendly. Top marks for the tip top feet! Re swimming the others in the class knew I was terrified so they all kept looking for me when I disappeared....once like an upside down beetle on the floor of the pool, another time clinging to the water filter with my knuckles locked, both times rescued by the other learners while teacher sat dryside just shaking her head in disbelief.

It sounds like a sitcom in the making!

Reactions: Cumberland

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up early , but a late start today.
Early night last night, but a restless sleep, lots going on in my head at minute.
Fbg...6.2

Slight change of topic...
I've noticed I don't always get the notifications that others have replied to this or other threads.

Have 'unwatched' then "watched" thread again, see if that fixes things.

Love & peace all.

I've noticed the same thing about notifications. I may try unwatching and then watching again too.

Love and peace, especially for whatever's going in your head, and best wishes for restful sleep.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh blimey! My feet may have impressed a diabetes podiatrist but I ain’t no foot model. Wouldn’t dream of photographing them - would probably put you off your mug of tea.

Have you ever accidentally photographed your feet while aiming your phone at something else?

Because I have, and only realized it later on when scrolling through pics I'd actually intended to take. :coldfeet:

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Have you ever seen the movie "Turtle Diary"? IIRC, Glenda Jackson plays an author writing a children's book about Jemima Water Beetle.

Reactions: HarryBeau