What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at some pretty cat carriers while out shopping yesterday. I also looked at some furniture, including TV stands and bookcases, and got to thinking about how I could spend any "moving" money on doing up my current apartment if I didn't get to move.

I still have not heard back from the small-town apartment manager, who was going to call me back on Tuesday, so I'm just chilling and thinking about all the positives of my current home.

This is the KittenCat's carrier:

View attachment 34473 View attachment 34473
Lucky KC I think Bobs would look amazing in that and would feel like a movie star (she thinks she is anyway lol). It really is very girly! And yes it is incredibly hot here today unbelievably so but I feel there is a storm on the way! Best get the girls in early.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon.. it’s a bit toastie! isn’t it? ...

so still on my 12 week programme. Of my own valuation. Low carb highest far of course! So far my nova rapid has reduced significantly by about 30 units and my abasaglar has reduced by about 30 units.. I’ve lost 9 lb and I’m ok. This morning was my highest reading so far at 6.5 but I’m melting 37 degrees at present.. it’s wonderful !
Hey just went back to read posts I missed. You are storming it and you have my genuine admiration. To be able to reduce your meds like you are doing is just fab and so inspirational and also you never complain like I do about so little. Best wishes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had one of those days of appointments all day from blood leaching by the vampire for diabetic stuff and more, to having half a pound of plasticine stuffed in my mouth by dentist and told to bite down until it set..

I had half hour wait for the dentist so I went into Iceland next door to breathe in the cold chiller cabinet...and I wasn't the only person doing this...it was a free for all...

Each time I came out of an icy air con shop, the warm air outside hit me like a brick wall, unbreathable...

I knew first thing before I even went out, that I wasn't going to last out the day. My asthma was bad enough this morning...

So I soaked my underwear and t shirt in cold water. Put rest of clothes on top.

Went and did the Vampire lady. Came back home, underwear had dried out. So wet it all again, put loose clothes on top, checked cat was okay, and went to my next thing.

Came back home again, checked out cat again, and soaked underwear and t shirt again, then out to next thing,...

And did this more throughout the day...

Normally I would have treated myself to lunch and stayed out. But my internal temperature was too high. But by a couple of showers and soaking my clothes each time I came home between appointments, I managed very well. I actually didn't flag at all.

All last night the temperature in my bungalow bedroom was 29C. I had two upright cold fans on and wet towels. Even the flies were dropping like flies...

Popeye and I are on the thatched swing now, and I am swinging us...it's 7:15 pm. The air is still stifling hot. This is the coolest place on my property. No chance of going to bed in my bedroom. Far too hot in there still. Both upright cold fans are on, with a wet towel in front.

So it's either the thatched swing or the potting shed for sleep tonight...

And I have eaten more food than usual today. I don’t normally eat this much, so I have no idea how this is going to affect my fasting blood glucose reading in the morning...

>^••^< >^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The KittenCat doesn't enjoy travel but she travels quietly. I used to keep her crate out and she would nap in it sometimes -- I've read that that's a good way to keep animals familiar with their traveling crates. She and the MasCat used to sleep in each other's crates.

I bet Dennis couldn't chew his way out of this one! :)
View attachment 34470

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...+travel+crate&qid=1564058673&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Maybe not but daughter’s cat managed to get the door of one like this off it’s hinges!!! She really, really didn’t want to go in it. Bless her. Daughter has now decided she can never move because the stress of moving Cat would be too much for them both.
Dennis travelled very well today in the boot of the car - he had a blanket, toys and a chew to keep him happy so I don’t think I’ll bother with another travel crate.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I
Each time I came out of an icy air con shop, the warm air outside hit me like a brick wall, unbreathable...

Pretty much par for the course here from Easter 'til sometime in October. :)

All last night the temperature in my bungalow bedroom was 29C. I had two upright cold fans on and wet towels. Even the flies were dropping like flies...

LOL

Popeye and I are on the thatched swing now, and I am swinging us...it's 7:15 pm. The air is still stifling hot. This is the coolest place on my property.

Pretty much par for the course here throughout my early childhood ...
>^••^< >^..^<

A few horsey treats that might serve as alternatives to soaking underwear. I've never worn these but I've heard of people who like them:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=cooling+vest&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/guantongda...ief+men+women&qid=1564087150&s=gateway&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=portable+spray+fan&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040 I just saw this picture on FB and it looked so much like the countryside I saw when I Googled Holkham in Norfolk that I wanted to share it here:

66847779_2572165479469435_8473814928472408064_n.jpg

Also here https://www.facebook.com/prodigalch...519196067416/2572165469469436/?type=3&theater

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon.. it’s a bit toastie! isn’t it? ...

so still on my 12 week programme. Of my own valuation. Low carb highest far of course! So far my nova rapid has reduced significantly by about 30 units and my abasaglar has reduced by about 30 units.. I’ve lost 9 lb and I’m ok. This morning was my highest reading so far at 6.5 but I’m melting 37 degrees at present.. it’s wonderful !

Watching with interest. Great reduction! Well done. And yes, its flippin hot!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...awfully hot last night around 8pm (ish) I had high hopes we would have some rain...no such luck...crossing my fingers for some cool breezes today...as the temperature goes up so does my FBG...woke to a 6.9

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The KittenCat doesn't enjoy travel but she travels quietly. I used to keep her crate out and she would nap in it sometimes -- I've read that that's a good way to keep animals familiar with their traveling crates. She and the MasCat used to sleep in each other's crates.

I bet Dennis couldn't chew his way out of this one! :)
View attachment 34470

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...+travel+crate&qid=1564058673&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Good call @SaskiaKC .

Our belles, hated the cat box.. Until we left it out,a advised for her to sniff and get used to.
She'd sit in it, but not sleep in it.

Made getting her in to it when needed a little less traumatic then it could have been...

On a side note , had her at vets one time.
Trying to clip claws

Vet holds her .. Struggles
Vet assistant steps into help... Struggles
I step in and help.. Struggles
Towel over her.. Struggles
In the end vet slips on her a cat mask modelled I'm sure on Hannibal lector...STILL STRUGGLES

Vet at that point gives up.

Seems belles was feral, before we got her
(Was a pure rescue, to pass her on to new owner..(wife's uncle). But we feel in love and the rest is history).. Which explained her fierceness, so said vet.

But the abiding image of her in the mask like SUPERCAT, ..taking on 3 grown adults AND winning, always makes us chuckle.. Bless her

Still miss her every day..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...awfully hot last night around 8pm (ish) I had high hopes we would have some rain...no such luck...crossing my fingers for some cool breezes today...as the temperature goes up so does my FBG...woke to a 6.9
Come London.

Thunderstorms and lashing down here about half hour ago.. And more planned for the day.:***:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a straight six on the dice, half inched some of the wifes Chinese takeaway last night, I was remarkably restrained but it was all very sweet saucy stuff. I was going to do a low carb beef stir fry but when I got to tescos they were emptying all the fridges as they were to warm, so drove down to morrisons and it was the same story, felt like the apocalypse was on its way.
On a lighter note, have a spiffing Friday all, I'm off to do a rain dance.