Some good news at least!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Surgery got in touch and confirmed that my statin script has gone up to 40mg as my bloods came back abnormal but didn't even talk about my HBA1C which was kind of funny so I chased it and they said normal, I said give me a number and that number was...

29!

I wondered if I could do it and I managed it in 3 months and I still cannot believe that, completely under the diagnostic criteria for diabetes and then some. Now if I could get my lipids to behave I wouldn't have anything to worry about but I suppose that was why they didn't even mention the HBA1C, I probably embarassed the nurse.

Again though thank you, everyone that has been cheering me on and giving me advice. I am aiming to keep this up for life and I want everyone here as well to have their health well into the future.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the Hba1c.

Personally I suspect that the whole idea of how cholesterol impacts on health requires a more rigorous investigation than it has yet been given.
Comparing the age at death to LDL levels has indicated (so reports the BMJ Open site) that for older people, having a higher LDL level doesn't mean a shorter life.

Reactions: 1spuds and Prem51

ShortStuff

Congratulations on the outstanding HbA1c level

Personally I think Cholesterol needs a lot more research/investigation/studies I think it’s going to be yet another thing that future generations look back on and wonder why we thought the way we do ‍♀️

They test mine periodically and it’s lower when I’m low carbing and lower still when I’m exercising (currently off my feet due to a knee injury so precious little exercise & it’s not helping my BG or my state of mind any) . They have, in the past, encouraged me to take statins (target driven) but it’s a big fat NO from me & it’s currently 5 & mr Dr said last time I was there that she was happy with that. I think it’s higher than most people in here aim for, but as I say, I don’t think enough investigation has taken place to accurately determine a) if it’s an issue & b) for who/what level etc.

But that’s just my thoughts on it.

Id love your HbA1c result though!

Reactions: Shas3 and Prem51

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I am soooooo pleased for you. Sub 30 club is exclusive, well done.

Reactions: 1spuds and Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A round of applause for... No, a standing ovation for that Man! Excellent job, there.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WHAAHOOOO.....

OUTSTANDING STUFF.

SO pleased for you @Caeseji
You worked hard, knuckled down and did the hard miles.
time to rest and enjoy the day.

Made up for you.
You little STAR.:D

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
WOW! From 114 to 29 in nine months! Well done you!! :)

Reactions: Shas3

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing achievement.

If you’re still losing weight wouldn’t that account for the raised ldl? I’d ignore it til stable (and fasted) personally. Are you planning to take the raised statin amount or stick where you are?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Just... Wow!
Surgery got in touch and confirmed that my statin script has gone up to 40mg as my bloods came back abnormal but didn't even talk about my HBA1C which was kind of funny so I chased it and they said normal, I said give me a number and that number was...

29!

I wondered if I could do it and I managed it in 3 months and I still cannot believe that, completely under the diagnostic criteria for diabetes and then some. Now if I could get my lipids to behave I wouldn't have anything to worry about but I suppose that was why they didn't even mention the HBA1C, I probably embarassed the nurse.

Again though thank you, everyone that has been cheering me on and giving me advice. I am aiming to keep this up for life and I want everyone here as well to have their health well into the future.

Reactions: Prem51 and Shas3

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

29!

That is inspirational work and having raised blood sugars is way worse for your arteries than excess ldl assuming that your triglycerides/hdl are looking good too?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done @Caeseji on the excellent HbA1c! Consider carefully if you’re going to increase the statin, remember they can increase blood glucose levels.

Reactions: Prem51

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you need to change your signature! That light is pretty darned bright now

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well done on the Hba1c.
What is the detailed breakdown s of the Lipids? - I ask because :
A). LDL rises on LCHF while you are in 'weight loss mode'.
B). Doctors often look at the 'wrong' levels or ratios.
C). Statins raise BG - so I actually used my T2 diagnosis to reduce my Statin prescription. Though my lipids were good by any level or ratio and the only real reason for keeping me on any statins at those (reduced) levels was because I had a triple Coronary Artery Bypass 2 and a half years ago.