Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
So far I have been looking for my old watch (a Seiko, not now working but well worth sending off to Seiko to fix) and then:

stitching.gif

Reactions: Diakat

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat - that's a really mean thing to do! Are any of your neighbours likely to have seen anything?
Both sets of direct neighbours were also away! Could try others in the road but I can hardly accuse someone even if something was seen. We live on a busy cut through so there are lots of vans and similar along the road. Sigh.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm fuming with you, @Diakat . Stupid coming home from holiday too.

@Antje77 , what breeds of dog do you have and what are their names?
Hidde is my old dog. He's about 14 kilo's, fair haired with a funny wild coat and a short fluffy tail. Foelie and Wolf are my small dogs, mother and daughter. Their looks betray some chihuahua blood, which I deny, as having chihuahua's doesn't really fit my image.
And then there are the 2 regular sleepover dogs, Buffel and Panda. Buffel is Foelies full brother and Wolfs father (yes, something went wrong there) and Panda is a cousin of the family :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
We have Dizzy - our old boy (severe arthritis and nearly blind, but happy with his life and food bowl). Poppy was really gutsy, and I will miss her to my dying day. She was my object lesson in courage and dealing with a hard life head-on, while still having fun. She was Dizzy's guide dog and guard until she passed. It was a joy to watch them together.

Tutti is all about Tutti but hey - she's such a fun girl that who cares, right? Life is just party central for her - not one bad thing has ever happened to her and we both try hard to keep life that way for her!

Reactions: Alison54321

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Can you have your cake and eat it? Certainly not yesterday. Bring on the DAFNE course. I had this awful theory my insulin vial by vial was becoming less effective. It was taking the Fiasp 50 minutes to drop by 0.2 to 0.3. I use so little, I still have the cartridges 6 weeks since my first prescription. I decided to get a new prescription and seeing is believing, my blood sugars are dropping 5 - 10 minutes after taking the new Fiasp which is what the literature says. The old cartridges are still in their use by date range and in the fridge but my nurse did mention something about Fiasp and 1 month. I thought it was just the opened cartridges. Any ideas?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am indeed alive, currently 5.8. :)
I can't really find the motivation within myself to do whatever I need for university despite diabetes being okay. :banghead:
I guess I'll go cry, eat Oreos, cry some more and eat some alpro yogurt. :arghh:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you have your cake and eat it? Certainly not yesterday. Bring on the DAFNE course. I had this awful theory my insulin vial by vial was becoming less effective. It was taking the Fiasp 50 minutes to drop by 0.2 to 0.3. I use so little, I still have the cartridges 6 weeks since my first prescription. I decided to get a new prescription and seeing is believing, my blood sugars are dropping 5 - 10 minutes after taking the new Fiasp which is what the literature says. The old cartridges are still in their use by date range and in the fridge but my nurse did mention something about Fiasp and 1 month. I thought it was just the opened cartridges. Any ideas?
I get my insulin every 3 months, and I use up the old insulin first so I regularly use insulin that has been sitting in my fridge for 4 to 5 months and have never noticed a difference.
Have you looked at your fridge temperature? Also, stuff kept in the fridge door is subject to quite a lot of temperature changes, you could try a place in the back (if you're sure it doesn't freeze in the back of your fridge). With the hot spell that could be the problem. And now I'm wondering if I should move my insulin from the door to the back...

Reactions: hh1

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@helensaramay I'm happy to share the excitement. I so miss my girl and a new puppy won't replace her but will be a whole new personality to learn, and a distraction.

@ert this one, like the last two, is a german short-haired pointer. My husband was a falconer and they're often used as falconry dogs. I love the breed; I like the temperament, the way they move, their sense of humour, and with family and friends I really appreciate the fact that they like, and are very good with, children.
Wow. I'm so excited for you and love the breed. I have two working spaniels. They do competitive obedience and agility, their parents were field trial bloodlines. Gertie, at eight months, has taken a great interest in my insulin injections and blood testings and insists on watching, her head tilting from side-to-side. She won't compete until she's 18 months old. My older one Arabella at seven mostly sleeps on a downstairs couch, waiting for her next outing.

Reactions: Antje77

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I get my insulin every 3 months, and I use up the old insulin first so I regularly use insulin that has been sitting in my fridge for 4 to 5 months and have never noticed a difference.
Have you looked at your fridge temperature? Also, stuff kept in the fridge door is subject to quite a lot of temperature changes, you could try a place in the back (if you're sure it doesn't freeze in the back of your fridge). With the hot spell that could be the problem. And now I'm wondering if I should move my insulin from the door to the back...
4 to 5 months. Wow. It must be the fridge position and the heat.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I ordered a Miao Miao 3 weeks ago, from a link on this site, and I'm told it's on its way. Did anyone else find it took a long time to arrive? Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Had a hospital appointment for a diabetic eye screening today. I swear it wasn't a year since I had it, but it was. I can still see circles of light.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

If that was all over, and furry, she'd be sooooo cuddly!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I'm honest, it does look like something that has expired. :hilarious:
I do have a bubble face mask laying around but I don't want to frighten my bf just yet.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back from holiday to discover that someone drove into my car while we were away. No info left, just a scrape down passenger side. I am raging.

Sorry to hear that.. You have my commiserations.

Is it more a scratch, or have the panel/s been creased?