1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, so happy to see the sun again.
    @hh1 I shower and bath. The preference depends on the time of day, what I've done or what I'll be doing. This morning I'm not having either as I'm going to spend the day in the garden or down the tip so I should be well stinky and ache later. I'll decide then if the aches are big, it's a soak.

I had a brilliant day at Country File Live yesterday and thought I'd walked miles.. I hadn't taken that many steps. I watched some fab Staffies doing agility and they were wonderful. It's a shame Mr B doesn't want one.

Listened to Whisperine Bob talk about his life and the influence of music. Splendid. Matt Baker was OK but he looked a bit bored at times. Drank some lovely Severn Cider, single variety. OH, OH, BG wasn't expecting that. Had a sausage no bun and felt the world was a grand place. British Charolais and other animals were an eye opener.

I went to bed on 15.3 having increased basal
    Woke on 15.3, so that's OK
    Bunged in some more bolus
    Let the day commence. I'm going to make the blueberry muffins today @Robinredbreast, if I'm not too stinky to go to the local shop

Have a lovely Sunday:)

• Like Like x 6
  2. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, going to pick up some tiles today and take my dog's food to the local animal sanctuary. I don't want to keep it until puppy's old enough to eat grown up food and all my local friends feed their dogs different food and prefer to keep them on what they're used to (I always did too). Besides, anywhere that looks after lost/stray/abandoned/had to leave home animals gets my support. Have a good Sunday all whatever you're up to :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

blood sugar behaved reasonably well overnight, though I did do a 1 unit correction around 2 am, but that was better than the correction the previous night, so hopefully none might be needed tonight.

Just finding ways, today, to avoid the too many people around for the festival, have to go out early, as they all get up quite late. Which was actually better in may ways, anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning, awoke on 7.1 which is better and I have work today, promoting Oggs vegan cakes, I have seen them in the shop I am going to, but they're not cheap, compared to other cakes, but I will do my very best.
    Yesterday's cleaning and cooking kept me very busy, freezer is a bit empty now, but clean and frost free :) and I made a cottage pie too, 1/2 last night and the rest today.
    Happy Sunday, hope you all have a good day :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I bet you could persuade anyone to buy an Oggs vegan cake, RobinRedBreast!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robinredbreast

I do like a bath, especially with aching bones, upper right back, also you can chill out the body and the mind too, but showers are quick and easy. My bath has helped a few of times regarding medical conditions and I couldn't of done without the bath, plus I recycle the water with buckets, and a watering can and at least I am in my own mucky water :hilarious: :)

7. Robinredbreast

Lol, I hope so :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Next consultation I’ll be sure to enquire about the DAD course. Not entirely sure where it’ll lead but in for a penny and all that.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. therower

ALERT ALERT ALERT. Post #21168 @helensaramay is guilty of mentioning not only Christmas but presents as well.
    Surely this cannot be tolerated. :woot::woot::woot:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It only needs someone telling us how many days/hours/minutes/seconds there are to go and we’ll all be screaming.
    But . . .
    Persian food sounds fabulous!

11. therower

Okay I’ll let it go. Hope you and your Mum especially had a great time.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. therower

142 days 15 hrs 19mins and a few seconds.....apparently.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. SueJB

Just a quick Q
    If the steroid injection I've had had caused my BG to rise and therefore as a result I've had to increase insulin because of becoming insulin resistant.
    Will the resistance go away or will I have to do something to get my basal/bolus input down to pre-steroid level.
    Sorry to harp on!

14. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning chaps, amazing night last night, four hours sleep and today we’re off to the Battle of Evesham re-enactment event. Bloods good and I left the charging cable for my Fitbit at home, so will have no watch for the day. Oops.

Bath.

• Like Like x 4
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

16. SueJB

Thanks that's really good to know @helensaramay My fitngers are getting quite bruised with all the extra testing

• Hug Hug x 1
    #19776 SueJB, Aug 4, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  17. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning my pancreatically challenged chums, hope you all had a good night

Last night for about 30 minutes we had torrential rain, it was really bouncing off the roads. The roads themselves were flooded quite badly before quickly draining away

Usual Saturday night for me, Chicken Bhunna and a smallish piece of nan bread and 4 pieces of pakora. Bloods great between 6pm and bed at 11.30 with a final BG of 6.1 going to bed. I had dual bolused on pump at 6 pm for 5 hours so that should be OK. Once again a big fat NO. Woke up at 5.15 to a BG that had risen constantly and and settled at 13.6. Bunged in 5 units and woke at 9am to BG of 6.2.

I know its only 1 day a week but I need to get a handle on the rising BG when I have an Indian

• Like Like x 3
  18. SueJB

@helensaramay that's fine for the reminder. Funnily enough, when first diagnosed I was told not to use my thumb or the finger next to it, don't know why, possibly something to do with doing buttons up with.
    So I've only been using 6 digits, heavy work load.

19. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I love Archenemy! I saw them at Wembley Arena a couple of years ago and they were brilliant :) She really does sing like that - it's not dubbed or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I think I spent the whole night in the 4's. It's not something I aim for, as a bit too close to hypo territory for comfort but I still love it when it happens :). Finger prick said 4.9 upon waking, Libre said 3.9 with an almost perfectly straight line between 3.1 and 3.9 (all in annoying red of course) so I suppose I've been hovering between 4 and 5.
    Wish I knew how I pulled that trick off though. If I knew I would repeat it every night but just the slightest bit higher :hilarious:

The walk yesterday morning may have helped but I don't think it's very likely as it hasn't happened before on days with about the same intensity of exercise. Had a late and quite carby dinner and I was kind of annoyed with myself for eating so late that my after dinner numbers had only about settled when I went to sleep, so food isn't a likely cause of the flat line either.

Back to the color of my underwear I guess (haven't worn socks for weeks so we can rule that out).
    I'm afraid I'll never be sure, but I'll scan my sensor a bit more often than usual today, only to admire that pretty line on the screen again :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook