What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until after 7am feels like holiday time...lots to do in the house a great build up to the most exciting day of the week...it's bin day tomorrow...which bin is it (like which window is it on Playschool) I have no idea fortunately the neighbours will have...I'll follow their lead...woke to a 6.2

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Belated good morning all and sundry. @karen8967 that seems a very good place for you to start the day bg wise. @Bildad fantastic bg number despite the excitement you must feel for the fun day. @dunelm what colour medal did Mike and his droogies bestow? @HarrisonK bg levels operate on a nolens volens basis so don't waste another minute trying to analyse things. Likewise @PenguinMum who has tagged several members so I echo her thoughts. @Shas3 great A1c and sticking with metformin seems a sound plan for now unless there are issues. My fbg was a woeful 5.8 at 5.30 but that is very definitely a 2nd order issue just now so I returned to bed for 3 hours. @Debandez what a diamond that man is so I hope the end result of his kindness is the outcome you BIL needs. As for the bread, most of my food is the work of the food fairy whom I came by one evening in a rugby club. Pip,pip old toots.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Much happier with that than yesterday’s mid 6 but no idea what I did differently!
Sympathies with @PenguinMum and @HarrisonK it makes very little sense.
Nice to see you back @ianpspurs
I never went away just couldn't see lots of posts from regular posters - I have had a longish run of good (for me) numbers. Congratulations on the lower fasting level today.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I had one of the foodstuffs I had really missed...a huge plate of Spaghetti & Bolognese sauce (home made) I used the organic soya spaghetti (picture below) I have tried other non wheat pasta but this is the best one I have had so far.

soya pasta.jpg

It works out at 12.9 carbs per 100 grams...so my small handful at approximately 25 grams ( a huge portion I would use less for one person on the next occasion) worked out to just under 4 grams of carbs & 83 calories minus the Bolognese sauce...I may put this on the what did you eat thread...I have tried the Aldi one which was fine however this one is the best alternative to wheat pasta I have tried (as yet)

Reactions: Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. @Shas3 great A1c and sticking with metformin seems a sound plan for now unless there are issues. My fbg was a woeful 5.8 at 5.30 but that is very definitely a 2nd order issue just now so I returned to bed for 3 hours..

Thanks Ian... am definitely happy with the results especially considering less than a year ago my HbA1C was 11.8%. Now with 6% i am not sure of incremental benefits of lowering further. So it is about maintenance and avoiding falling back to old bad habits. My fasting numbers still not low enough, daytime numbers are good. So, let’s see how things move. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend ahead

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian... am definitely happy with the results especially considering less than a year ago my HbA1C was 11.8%. Now with 6% i am not sure of incremental benefits of lowering further. So it is about maintenance and avoiding falling back to old bad habits. My fasting numbers still not low enough, daytime numbers are good. So, let’s see how things move. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend ahead
Well done Shas...meant to say earlier post. Its great progress to make.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had one of the foodstuffs I had really missed...a huge plate of Spaghetti & Bolognese sauce (home made) I used the organic soya spaghetti (picture below) I have tried other non wheat pasta but this is the best one I have had so far.

View attachment 34746
It works out at 12.9 carbs per 100 grams...so my small handful at approximately 25 grams ( a huge portion I would use less for one person on the next occasion) worked out to just under 4 grams of carbs & 83 calories minus the Bolognese sauce...I may put this on the what did you eat thread...I have tried the Aldi one which was fine however this one is the best alternative to wheat pasta I have tried (as yet)
That sounds fab...where did you buy it?

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much PM... I cannot tell you how incredibly helpful this community has been in helping me not just cope with it but to make this significant progress
This community may have been helpful but you put in the hard yards. Nonetheless, incredibly thoughtful of you to offer thanks for help and support. You should be proud of being such a thoroughly decent person.:)