What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Fndwheelie ..aw mate, not sounding good, but then the FBG was very decent.
Hope it steadies for you mate, take care.

@HarrisonK
BEST of LUCK with the training..
remember well getting Mum N dad a VCR when they came out.
went over everythign patiently, thought they got it.
went home feeling all good about myself..THEN the Phone rang..:wideyed::woot::***:
best wishes..you may need them.;)

@DJC..aw poor little Dennis..(made me chcukle Drowned Rat..LoL )

@karen8967
had to smile at the post..liked it, and hugs for the high.
hope it settled quickly.

@Cumberland
aw mate, that really messes you about.
hope the day gets better Bg wise.
all the best.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

a good day yesterday but a weird ending, i thought.

had a nice lunch with our steph etc.
Vietnamese,, salt n pepper ribs, then a naughty singapore noodle..first since dx..delish.
a coupe of beers,
then over the road for a pint or two.
1 Guinness, 2 Stella

home and no other food

tested pretty soon after we got in
Expecting a not unexpected higher fig then normal
..3.5 :woot:
washed my hands AGAIN :rolleyes:, dried thoroughly.
..3.6 :***:
Washed again using the soap in bathroom not the dispense soap in kitchen
Dried on bathroom towle not kitchen towel...3.6 :wideyed:

done once again..i have NEVER been under 5 without feeling VERY OFF..(fake hypo)
this time it was 3.5..gave up..:banghead:.

tested before bed as concerned..4.8
this am FBG a low for me 5.2.

very confusing.

almost one year since DX day

Previously breakfast would have been a bowl of cereals, milk, sugar to sweeten, banana cos they is healfy init
then snack, sandwich etc because i was hungry an hour or two later..:rolleyes:

today THAT breakfast looks like this some days
IMG_20190817_113714~01.jpg

Nice an healthy..maybe.
but I chose it not because of that,
Bu because i wanted it, and i liked it.
ready to take on the day

Suns out here, looks like it might rain according to my weather app

Missus popped in with the dog she's sitting for.
IMG-20190816-WA0004~2.jpg

Friendly little chap, with Marty Feldman eyes

have a good un all :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awww ... what a precious pup, @jjraak , are those luminous stripes on his harness? Your breakfast looks delicious! I now feel inspired to try something besides toast that actually appeals to my morning mind (or lack thereof).

@PenguinMum you are an amazing person and a good friend to your friend in Kent.

@geefull what time did you say dinner will be served? I would like to dash out and fuel up the Lear jet ... I would, if I had a Lear jet to fuel up ... would love to fuel up on that yummy-sounding dinner.

FBG 6.6 here this morning. The KittenCat presented me with a pre-breakfast hairball and now is saying Come back to bed, so I think I will join her. Today completes my 67th year on this planet, tomorrow begins my 68th; and suddenly I am reverting to my childhood and wanting to explore others as possible retirement havens ... Saturn always looked good ...
hmm ... according to the souvenirs at the spaceport the eating is good there ...
s-l300.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also waiting (still) for OH’s new laptop to be delivered. Guess who has to install everything (in German). Right! He’s a complete technophobe. I absolutely hate doing that. Even a new iPhone sits in its box waiting for me to have the required number of functioning grey cells to set it up.
I might go back to bed and hide.
Typo edit

@Viv19 HIDE!!!

upload_2019-8-17_14-15-15.gif

upload_2019-8-17_14-14-38.gif

upload_2019-8-17_14-18-25.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for standing up for yourself and for helping your colleagues fight against such appalling unfairness. Your working conditions were an absolute nightmare and almost unbelievable that your boss thought that this was OK.

Thank goodness your BIL has you fighting in his corner.

I think you will be able to change things for other mums, dads, grandads, sisters, daughters, friends etc etc and your mum would be so proud of you for the work you are doing in countering all the misinformation about diabetes.

You are right that change often comes from small groups of people rising up and it is good to feel that we are all playing a part in this battle.

Well done for standing up for yourself and for helping your colleagues fight against such appalling unfairness. Your working conditions were an absolute nightmare and almost unbelievable that your boss thought that this was OK.

Thank goodness your BIL has you fighting in his corner.

I think you will be able to change things for other mums, dads, grandads, sisters, daughters, friends etc etc and your mum would be so proud of you for the work you are doing in countering all the misinformation about diabetes.

You are right that change often comes from small groups of people rising up and it is good to feel that we are all playing a part in this battle.

We most certainly are in it together, motivating each other each and every day. The support on here phenomenal. Second to non. And we have a great laugh too. Great bunch. Awesome.

I'm just being a little rebellious on DUK at the moment. They need to get with the programme! Going to ruffle a few feathers every day I can. Need to come at this from every angle. Just gardening and listening to more videos. Check out this link. If I had a £1 for every time sugar is mentioned in videos alone I would be able to not only book another holiday but I'd booking at a world cruise!!! Shocking. Apparently it would be beneficial if we stopped putting it on our cereal! And just one glass of fruit juice every day (shakes her head in disbelief).

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-t...iabetes-food-myths/myth-sugar-causes-diabetes

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK
went home feeling all good about myself..THEN the Phone rang..:wideyed::woot::***:

All done and only one phonecall so far :) I had previously set up her iPhone and she picked it up really quickly, as today's instalment is mostly voice-operated via Alexa it has gone well. I realise that if she wants the settings changing on the app I will be called but it's a couple of minutes work. I left her switching the lights on and off ;)

Reactions: Krystyna23040

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak thanks for taking the time to consider my FBG difficulties and for the solidarity. I skipped breakfast today and was up to 8 by 10am (15 hours after last food). Who says D doesnt have a sense of humour :bored: I know it will change soon if I stick to good habits and when I read of Ian’s troubles @Cumberland it puts mine in perspective. Sending hugs to you Ian and I hope these hideous hypos stop and soon.
@SaskiaKC thanks for the so kind remark. :rolleyes: My poor friend has been through so much in the last 15 months and lives alone so I am glad to be able to help a little. Hope you and the KC are having a good day.
@Debandez our warrior our trail blazer keep on going, no one better to make them listen. Big respect. Hope you and Eric have a fabulous holiday. Bon voyage!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Supermarket today, Morrisons, and they had something called “Milled Omega Seed Mix” - linseed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, dried goji berries and 11% carbs - bit high but what the heck - so I made some crackers with it:

1 and a half cups of the milled seed mix
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1 and a quarter cups of warm water. (Warm helps to mix it).

Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl - mix a bit - add the water - mix it up - wait 5 minutes to settle down.

Spread very thinly onto a couple of baking sheets lined with baking parchment. Score it a bit.
Stick in oven at 90 degrees C for 2 1/2 hours - turning trays every now and again.
Test to make sure it’s dried out completely - cool and snap into squares.

Very tasty.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We most certainly are in it together, motivating each other each and every day. The support on here phenomenal. Second to non. And we have a great laugh too. Great bunch. Awesome.

I'm just being a little rebellious on DUK at the moment. They need to get with the programme! Going to ruffle a few feathers every day I can. Need to come at this from every angle. Just gardening and listening to more videos. Check out this link. If I had a £1 for every time sugar is mentioned in videos alone I would be able to not only book another holiday but I'd booking at a world cruise!!! Shocking. Apparently it would be beneficial if we stopped putting it on our cereal! And just one glass of fruit juice every day (shakes her head in disbelief).

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-t...iabetes-food-myths/myth-sugar-causes-diabetes
Very interesting link. How sad that they don't mention starchy carbs turn to sugar. such misleading information. How can they publish such rubbish (this is the edited version as my original version contained slightly stronger language).

Good luck on 'ruffling a few feathers ' on DUK. They certainly need their feathers ruffled.

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very tasty
Another one to try, Tesco do a 4 seed mix carbs 4.5 grams per 100, no berries, pumpkin, Flax, Sesame. Sunflower, love it on my yoghurt might try it with this.

A busy day, water colour painting of Watersmeet (we honeymooned there) for an anniversary card for my lovely lady, 47 years on Monday. Painted three walls in our hall a nice dark moody grey/green, repaired and varnished outside bench, now about to practise our numbers for big rehearsal Sunday ready for a gig, real not virtual.:singing:

LCHF does what it says on the tin and gives you energy.

Bloods behaved all day :) carb intake well below 20grams.

Oh, also watched a video @jjraak shared with us Doc David Unwin, inspirin!

Right now off to annoy my neighbours, put your ear plugs in.:headphone:

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Fndwheelie ..aw mate, not sounding good, but then the FBG was very decent.
Hope it steadies for you mate, take care.

@HarrisonK

@DJC..aw poor little Dennis..(made me chcukle Drowned Rat..LoL )

@karen8967
had to smile at the post..liked it, and hugs for the high.
hope it settled quickly.

@Cumberland
aw mate, that really messes you about.
hope the day gets better Bg wise.
all the best.

Thank you
I’ve been ok since the early hours

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
OR reduce the chocolates Muffins AND fruit,
for an even better way to reduce your Blood sugars.

it's not rocket science is it.

Never overestimate the stupidity of some people.
MUST be on a wall of their office somewhere,
i'm convinced.

I think the walls will already be full. Of the word DONATE! DONATE!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Marked as funny dunelm...couldn't help it...perhaps we should send a copy to Chris Askew their CEO
I've added him on Twitter. Going to educate him :) I think I will just day this to him. Go to Google, input 'reversing diabetes ' and let me know what the solution is for many diabetics. I bet it doesnt involve wholemeal bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit juice... daily!

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3