What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A very quiet Morening from me and me's.
I am still recovering from attending my 50year apprentice reunion at Brooklands museum Weybridge. That is 50 years since we started our apprenticships. What a great day, we are all older, but still act as if we were 16/17.

A very late cheese laden dinner and my meter threw a 7.7 at me which is fine.

Well folks have a great day, I hope to if Mrs J allows.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each from the sunny land of flatty Mcflatface. Some uplifting Sunday morning news coming in from far flung, or carefully placed, parts. @gennepher smashing, Tualagi like, into the 6s. @Krystyna23040 with great fbg whilst giving coursework worries the old Spanish archer. @Fndwheelie really pleased for you enjoying yesterday at Pride. @dunelm some winsome lasses those corvids, especially Andrea. @Muddy Cyclist enjoy the treasure hunt. @HarrisonK enjoy the cool. @alf_Josiah what a fantastic reunion, well done all concerned. So now to the fbg. Peter the meter has become quite truculent since young Mr Cummings became Master of The Universe. He very curtly announced that an old fella that can't grow hair, walk at the required 4 mph or generally approximate a functional human unit should not expect to control bg levels. Suggested I should find alternative arrangements before proroguing readings. Anyhow, his sister, lovely Rita the nicer meter, partook of my blood and divulged a 5.4 which she assured me was as accurate as anything else in this post truth era. Do enjoy your day and may your Montmorency muscles never coagulate.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...fabulous day yesterday even the drive to London& back went smoothly...met up with my niece & her family for a late lunch .then onto a friends for coffee & pudding... tired but smiling this morning...coffee & lots of housework today...woke to a 6.4

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

not great on the wi-fi whilst we were away so ...
Monday 4.3, Tues 4.2, Weds 4.4, Thurs 4.3, Fri 4.4, Sat 4.4 ... and
4.4 today :)

Back home now so I expect the menu will return to the usual fare :D
Whilst away I ate a whopping full English every morning, seldom needed lunch and then had an eclectic set of evening meals :hilarious:

The hotel we stay in when we go to visit family is conveniently situated, spotlessly clean and spacious with good facilities but not posh, it's an hotel often used by journeymen who have to work away from home during the week so they do provide a range of basic (very carby) choices of evening meal but will allow you to take food/order takeaway in ;) which is ideal for us.

Couple of evening meals that were big salad plates with cheese or meat we made up ourselves in the hotel. Couple of times we ate out at a carvery (decent meat choice and unlimited veg :D) one evening we ate at my brother's and his wife cooked , homemade lasagna (sigh) and homemade cheesecake. I volunteered to take along salad to go with the lasagna and only had a small portion of lasagna and loads of salad. I very bravely passed on the cheesecake which was served with fresh strawberries and spray cream :angelic: just had a few strawberries.

Best takeaway was an extra meat chicken kebab served with naan, I asked for 'no bread' and when we opened it there was a huge portion of chicken and they had put some chips in with it :hilarious: it also came with loads of fresh side salad so mr. gee had some chips and we both had a spicy chcken and salad dinner, they asked about me about wanting a soft drink but I declined, he said 'take it, it's included in the price' so I got a can of diet coke too. Total price was under £5.00, a benefit of town living I suppose ;)

Sister in law has now been diagnosed with T2D but works for the NHS so is following their advice :banghead: Brother in law was diagnosed T2D almost 10 years ago and eats more or less as he wants and takes the tablets :banghead::banghead: Neither my brother nor my sister have been diagnosed (yet) but are heading for the same body shape I was before diagnosis. Of my generation I'm the slimmest of the lot by far now. Depressing really:sorry:

Looking forward to working my way through the thread and catching up on everyone :)

Hope your day treats you kindly:)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Whilst away I ate a whopping full English every morning, seldom needed lunch and then had an eclectic set of evening meals :hilarious:

The hotel we stay in when we go to visit family is conveniently situated, spotlessly clean and spacious with good facilities but not posh, it's an hotel often used by journeymen who have to work away from home during the week so they do provide a range of basic (very carby) choices of evening meal but will allow you to take food/order takeaway in ;) which is ideal for us.

Couple of evening meals that were big salad plates with cheese or meat we made up ourselves in the hotel. Couple of times we ate out at a carvery (decent meat choice and unlimited veg :D) one evening we ate at my brother's and his wife cooked , homemade lasagna (sigh) and homemade cheesecake. I volunteered to take along salad to go with the lasagna and only had a small portion of lasagna and loads of salad. I very bravely passed on the cheesecake which was served with fresh strawberries and spray cream :angelic: just had a few strawberries.

Best takeaway was an extra meat chicken kebab served with naan, I asked for 'no bread' and when we opened it there was a huge portion of chicken and they had put some chips in with it :hilarious: it also came with loads of fresh side salad so mr. gee had some chips and we both had a spicy chcken and salad dinner, they asked about me about wanting a soft drink but I declined, he said 'take it, it's included in the price' so I got a can of diet coke too. Total price was under £5.00, a benefit of town living I suppose ;)

Sister in law has now been diagnosed with T2D but works for the NHS so is following their advice :banghead: Brother in law was diagnosed T2D almost 10 years ago and eats more or less as he wants and takes the tablets :banghead::banghead: Neither my brother nor my sister have been diagnosed (yet) but are heading for the same body shape I was before diagnosis. Of my generation I'm the slimmest of the lot by far now. Depressing really:sorry:

Looking forward to working my way through the thread and catching up on everyone :)

@geefull the usual string of excellent fbg numbers and splendid ingenuity/tenacity in managing your nutritional regime whilst visiting family. Interesting that none of the family are seeing the fantastic changes you have made and want to buy into the methods.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But your bs readings are amazing too.
Thank you but my bs readings are very definitely not amazing - just scraping into ok. I guess as long as they stay where they are I may have an outside chance of avoiding the worst T2 can do so just about keeping my head above water. Just like Mr Asquith, we shall wait and see:angelic:
Edited for accuracy

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 on a cloudy Sunday morning. It is unbelievably cool outside -- 19 degrees! In August!
h07037.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 on a cloudy Sunday morning. It is unbelievably cool outside -- 19 degrees! In August!
h07037.gif

It’s too hot here @SaskiaKC
It’s now 27 C
Popeye and I are wilting under the thatched swing, the only thing in shade. Bungalow is gaspingly hot and airless. Washing has dried in sun and is now airing off in sun. So I did wash numbers 2,3,4,5, and number 6 wash is on. I am washing anything that moves...
Nowhere to hang it all, so it is now adorning bushes and trees in my garden, except the ones with Butterfly flowers....
I hope not too many spiders come back in the house with it all...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well managed by you, sounds like you had a great time.

Very sad about the family though.
You think a living breathing example of how it could be. . Sadly the decline when it comes will be incremental, and the devil's own to redress.

But we can only make our own choices....:)

Decent scores btw.:D

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Was ravenously hungry yesterday and ate everything in sight. Made myself stop at 5 p.m. and put in 70 minutes of exercise to make up for it. Nevertheless, was still surprised by low fasting levels of 4.2 today. Yesterday morning, blood sugars were 4.3.

Thanks for your kind words of welcome back, @Debandez, @SaskiaKC, @trick60 and @ianpspurs. It really feels good to be here.

@SaskiaKC -- The reason that this thread doesn't show up on recent posts is probably that it's under "general chat" rather than one of the diabetes-related topics. Still kind of makes it hard to find.

@Debandez -- Wow, wonderful article and very motivating. You'll probably turn the diabetes epidemic around all by yourself, given your level of energy. Enjoy your vacation in Italy, sounds as if you're having a ball.

@gennepher -- So sorry to hear about your kidney results. Such a bummer. I'm with @Debandez on this, you'll be able to improve your kidney function again, especially if you continue to keep your blood sugars in check. (Personally, my kidney function (even though not bad before) has further improved since diagnosis.

Have a wonderful evening all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher -- So sorry to hear about your kidney results. Such a bummer. I'm with @Debandez on this, you'll be able to improve your kidney function again, especially if you continue to keep your blood sugars in check. (Personally, my kidney function (even though not bad before) has further improved since diagnosis.

Hi @ziggy_w
Thank you for your words.
I am hoping that will be the end result too...improvement.
I am glad yours has further improved.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s too hot here @SaskiaKC
It’s now 27 C
Popeye and I are wilting under the thatched swing, the only thing in shade. Bungalow is gaspingly hot and airless. Washing has dried in sun and is now airing off in sun. So I did wash numbers 2,3,4,5, and number 6 wash is on. I am washing anything that moves...

Psst ... Popeye ... be very, very still ... ^. .^

Reactions: HarryBeau