What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Our wood burner is on now too. Lovely and cosy. Amazingly no aches today - maybe it’ll happen tomorrow.
Lucky mice in your place.
Maybe you will escape the aches and pains. Lucky? - bought a humane trap but certain any mouse eating that will be begging for mercy.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening All,

B: bone broth and some exquisite cheese - can’t remember the name of it though! Hard, smooth, nutty, mellow. Divine.

L: chicken wings a la airfryer. And a square of morello cherry Keto slice. Very nice!

D: lamb leg steak, airfried.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oxtail stew at about 2 pm after quite a lot of tea.
My visitors weren't vegan, so all was well. We all had some of the cold meat with some salad. They all had cake and oatcakes. Also a little egg mayo. Followed by raspberries.
Can't get rid of the pain in my side, although it has now moved around a bit - more into my back now. Maybe it will keep moving and go away when there is nowhere else for it to go.

Reactions: maglil55

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

It's 5:40 a.m. in the morning -- woke up a bit early and might be going back to bed soon to catch a bit more shut-eye. Went to a meeting of a jazz club for the first time yesterday, and somehow managed to get myself elected as vice president (definitely unplanned), still kind of flabbergasted how all this happened.

Yesterday's menu ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Small steak, half an avocado, two small squares of homemade low-carb fudge.

Dinner: 60g of liver pate and one babybel cheese.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Annabel, you could try adding a pinch of salt to some of your drinks. I don't mean spoonfuls, but just a pinch in tea, coffee, squash, or whatever you are having, once or twice a day to start with and see how you go. If you feel you are low in salt, having reduced the carbs, that's an easy way of getting it back, steadily.
ok i have heard of this but was worried about blood pressure at the same time. I have done it where grated some pink sale in my hand and licked it off followed with water and got rid of some of my cramps but only when I got cramps but this makes sense what you say I will add a pinch of salt in my water as suggested see if this helps thanks for tip.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

It's 5:40 a.m. in the morning -- woke up a bit early and might be going back to bed soon to catch a bit more shut-eye. Went to a meeting of a jazz club for the first time yesterday, and somehow managed to get myself elected as vice president (definitely unplanned), still kind of flabbergasted how all this happened.

@ziggy_w that’s hilarious. I’m sure you’ll be brilliant.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w that’s hilarious. I’m sure you’ll be brilliant.

Good morning, @DJC3.

It still feels a bit surreal, tbh.

I actually went to the meeting fully intending to mostly listen and not say much. But then, people were just going round and round in circles, getting nowhere, always focusing on difficulties and what couldn't be done. Possibly this just frustrated me a bit, so suggested why don't we just focus on the positive and what can be done right now, set short-term and realistic goals (rather than look at possible difficulties we might encounter in three years). Edited to add: I guess it's a bit like the way we approach diabetes management.

So, it's very probably this remark which led to my demise. So, let's see how it goes.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

somehow managed to get myself elected as vice president (definitely unplanned), still kind of flabbergasted how all this happened.

I know the feeling!
I looked at our doctor's surgery website earlier in the week, and saw a new link to the PPG (patient participation group), and clicked for more info - cos that bit was still under construction. Was simply curious to read their minutes.

Anyway, last night I got a phone call from a delightedly enthusiastic lady, who told me all about it, and invited me to the next meeting, and is joyously confirming that I am 'in'.

:wideyed:

I am the youngest person (52 years old) to be on the PPG, and she is looking forward to all my contributions.
So basically I fit one of the demographics they are missing from their current line up.
Only 2 (stern) rules - no personal issues to be discussed at the meetings, and no politics. ;)

Of course, now I am curious enough to actually turn up. :D

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the feeling!
I looked at our doctor's surgery website earlier in the week, and saw a new link to the PPG (patient participation group), and clicked for more info - cos that bit was still under construction. Was simply curious to read their minutes.

Anyway, last night I got a phone call from a delightedly enthusiastic lady, who told me all about it, and invited me to the next meeting, and is joyously confirming that I am 'in'.

:wideyed:

I am the youngest person (52 years old) to be on the PPG, and she is looking forward to all my contributions.
So basically I fit one of the demographics they are missing from their current line up.
Only 2 (stern) rules - no personal issues to be discussed at the meetings, and no politics. ;)

Of course, now I am curious enough to actually turn up. :D

Absolutely wonderful, @Brunneria. I am certain you will make a world of difference. I'm really looking forward to a full report on the first meeting.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
I slept in today was still recovering from my trip yesterday. For brunch I made sort of egg quiche ham and 3 eggs beated with cream salt and pepper baked in my oven. I ate one and had a black coffee. For dinner I made 4 tandoori lamb cutlets with boiled broccolini and french beans served with a tablespoon of yoghurt and teaspoon of mango chutney I ate two cutlets and was still hungry so at the other two. I also had two strawberries and drank a glass of water with some Himalayan pink salt. Now I've got shocking heart burn
20190910_140100.jpeg
20190910_183612.jpeg
20190910_183720.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit out of sorts today
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Same (couldnt face anything more virtuous.
Supper: probably omelette of some persuasion.
Early night needed.
Hope you recover full power asap. Take care.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit out of sorts today
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Same (couldnt face anything more virtuous.
Supper: probably omelette of some persuasion.
Early night needed.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Look after yourself.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I slept in today was still recovering from my trip yesterday. For brunch I made sort of egg quiche ham and 3 eggs beated with cream salt and pepper baked in my oven. I ate one and had a black coffee. For dinner I made 4 tandoori lamb cutlets with boiled broccolini and french beans served with a tablespoon of yoghurt and teaspoon of mango chutney I ate two cutlets and was still hungry so at the other two. I also had two strawberries and drank a glass of water with some Himalayan pink salt. Now I've got shocking heart burn View attachment 35588View attachment 35589View attachment 35590

Lamb cutlets are delicious, aren't they? No wonder you had the other 2.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Used my little soup maker to make about a litre of butternut squash soup (finished with double cream) and had about a third of it at 1.30.

I've got a roasting pan with chicken thighs and mixed vegetables braising at the moment. Quite a lot there, but I'll only have a couple of thighs and a helping of the vegetables. The soup was quite filling, so I'm far from hungry yet.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you are feeling better soon. Look after yourself.
Thanks Ann. Your soup sounds lovely. I bought soup makers for my sons one Christmas and have just remembered one is still here (though boys are not). So you have inspired me to get familiar with it for autumn.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@PenguinMum -- Hope you start feeling better soon.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two babybel cheeses. About 120g of fathead flatbread with butter.

Late lunch: About 80g of steak tartar with two fried eggs, a small serving of chicken breast in coconut milk with eggplant and Thai basil. Three small squares of homemade low carb fudge (all the fudge is gone now, so probably make some chocolate pudding tomorrow, which is significantly lower carb and lower calories).

Two glasses of red wine throughout the day.