What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Impressive multitasking @HarrisonK

Yesterday my son turned up with a robotic Hoover that's been mapping its way around our house, programmed to hoover twice a day and find its way back to its charging station when low on power, its hoovering skills are also very impressive BUT it can't empty itself so Mrs MC and I still have control. Our Labrador dog is not sure about it though and you can no longer leave anything you value on the floor or else it's gone.

You can look forward to this

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Impressive multitasking @HarrisonK

Yesterday my son turned up with a robotic Hoover that's been mapping its way around our house, programmed to hoover twice a day and find its way back to its charging station when low on power, its hoovering skills are also very impressive BUT it can't empty itself so Mrs MC and I still have control. Our Labrador dog is not sure about it though and you can no longer leave anything you value on the floor or else it's gone.
Does it walk the dog MC;)

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Buenas Dias de Espana mis amigos! 5.1 today after a pan fried Turbot supper preceded by avo and large prawns. And we ate Spanish style at 9pm due mainly to late lunch while buzzing around. Heavy rain again overnight but forecast good after today. Not cold prob same temperature as back home but just not sunny. We are off to the airport again to pick up our son and by late afternoon all the clan should be assembled. Reading @Krystyna23040 and @gennepher driving adventures everytime we left our house yesterday we kept getting lost when we got back near home. Satnav on phone no help. It was funny for a while! @ianpspurs the only certainty of this woe is the uncertainty but then I think peace of mind (hence BP) matter a lot too. @HarrisonK hope your chest improves with Taliskar and I also have den envy. @Fndwheelie beautiful work. @Bubbsie todays a fresh start enjoy the puppy sitting.
Anyone seen @DJC3 hope all is well?
Greetings to @SaskiaKC and @jjraak and thanks for your good wishes.
Have a great Sunday. Stay well,stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today, late posting. So late it should read 5.2 yesterday!

Just spent all day writing a 7.5 minute presentation for next Wednesday. Big meeting to be held locally involving about 100 from various CCGs/PPGs. Well when I say all day I mean writing it in about an hour between dipping in and out of Facebook, Twitter, emails, sky news!!! In fact I haven't got out of my dressing gown. Nor moved away from dining table yet I've had an incredibly busy day!!!

Hubby has done washing, mopped floor, done breakfast and dinner. Yes he sure is enjoying retirement!!!

Not sure how it's happened but I now have 615 posts to catch up on! Not giving up though.. ..
Morning all. 7.9 this morning. Not posted for ages. Been going through one of life's challenging phases and didn't want to post negative stuff but have been checking in now and again to see how you lovely people are getting along. Have a happy week-end one and all. :)
So good to see you back especially as that means you are feeling better.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 after a late night supper of strawberries, oppo icecream and extra thick cream. Delicious. A treat for finishing prepping my talk for next week. My libre tells me that for the first night since wearing I didn't dip under 3.9 too so this means that wont happen again....for a while ;-)

Tweet about fat shaming:
https://twitter.com/latelateshow/status/1172571955314094080?s=19

I shared to my fb with this post:

Fat shaming, there should be a law against it.

Before my diagnosis I had put quite a lot of weight on. I didn't overeat. In fact i skipped meals regularly. Sometimes if i was in a rush in the morning i would just have a breakfast bar. Or for lunch a cuppa soup. Yet i didnt lose weight. I was putting it on!

Turns out that i had become insulin resistant (on my way to becoming type 2 diabetic). I was eating the wrong food where this is concerned. My body wasnt coping with all the sugar (too many carbs from processed food, too much rice, pasta and potatoes specifically).

What my body couldn't cope with it stored as FAT! How many more walking around with excess fat are in the same boat!!!

I try and make everyone aware now to know their numbers.

If you are worried about this you should explain to your Dr and ask him to do a hba1c blood test.

Over 47 = diabetic
42 - 47 = prediabetic
41 and under = normal

I was 62 at diagnosis. But following a low carb way of eating I got down to the 30s. But I will always be diabetic. I will always have to be careful with what I eat. I dont want to end up back at square 1 with the symptoms that i had started to experience. Blurry vision, dry mouth, IBS, itchy skin, skin tags, unrelenting heartburn for weeks. My occasional tinnitus I now know was also due to blood sugars.

And most importantly I dont want the complications so often experienced by diabetics. I want to keep my eyesight, my feet and my kidney function to name but a few. Diabetes can effect every part of the body.

KNOW YOUR NUMBERS

Have a lovely Sunday forum masseeevvv.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live in hope.

I can't see my Labrador doing the cat trick in @HarrisonK video clip, he's a tad big.
Cats rarely do tricks MC...just had a little stroking session on the sofa with Churchill...he lets me know when he's had enough usually his teeth wrapped round my stroking hand...ungrateful little so 'an so's.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
todays a fresh start enjoy the puppy sitting.
Good to hear you're all safe & well PM...it sounds like an idyllic few days with the family ahead of you enjoy it...I am looking forward to frankies arrival tomorrow...by all accounts he's a bit of a spoilt young man...he belongs to my friends who lost their other Cavalier last year after having her 12 years so a bit of a privilege to be trusted with their precious boy.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

after a very windy night and morning it's brightening up a bit now :)

I hope to get a walk in with mum's little dog later after dinner. Our visitor is away home (via a forest walk in Perthshire ;) ) with her walking group so it's a quieter day today than yesterday :)

It's also a bit lazier version of dinner than usual, high meat content sausage casserole with cauli and some carrot for me and cauli, carrot and a few potatoes for mr gee and his mum. Chocolate sponge with full fat yoghurt for 'afters' :)

I precooked the sausages and bunged them in the freezer so all I had to do was prep the veg and assemble the casserole ready for the oven this morning.

Hope your day treats you well :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dark waters lap at the pilings of the pier. In a small open boat, I sit trying to bait a hook by moonlight. Opposite me, James Bond holds the oars quiet in the rowlocks. I look up from my work to ask him if our mission is going to succeed, and he opens his mouth and says, "Meow!"

I open my eyes. A furry, bewhiskered face looms about 3 inches from my face. I sigh and close my eyes again, seeking to return to the boat, the pier, James Bond, the dream. But it's not a hand that reaches out to pat my face. It's a paw. The claws are sheathed. But the message is clear. "Your mission -- and you better decide to accept it -- is to get up and get my breakfast."

I get up to get some treats. Outside the window I see, by the dawn's early light, the harvest moon shining round and white among the pink rows of clouds. The world is silent and beautiful, and the beautiful KittenCat reminds me that it is time for breakfast. Oh, yes. And what else? Oh. Right. FBG time.

Good morning, everyone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. Yesterday I made good progress on my beading. Cat medallions bracelet finished. White ditties bracelet, beaded to 6 inches, can’t go longer till I can take it to grandmother and measure to her wrist. But the ditties curse continues I put the clasp on one end only to find the other loop is broken! I don’t have another of the same clasp, so I ordered some yesterday I just hope they’re the same. Otherwise I will have to cut it to pieces like I done many times for the black one.
View attachment 35683 View attachment 35684

Those are beautiful.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning with a 5.0 after yesterday's food intake of wine, ice cream and birthday cake, must have been a result of the red wine.

Another busy day, grandaughters not yet awake but soon will be as we are off to a horse show with their ponies, at least their mom and dad are doing the horse grooming, I think grooming the girls is much easier.:)

Until then I am enjoying the peace and quiet of this lovely Sunday morning whilst I can.

Soon the mayhem starts!

The next time I find myself on a mission with James Bond I hope we will be stowing away in y'all's trailer with the ponies!

I hope y'all are having a wonderful time at the show.
g61144.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dark waters lap at the pilings of the pier. In a small open boat, I sit trying to bait a hook by moonlight. Opposite me, James Bond holds the oars quiet in the rowlocks. I look up from my work to ask him if our mission is going to succeed, and he opens his mouth and says, "Meow!"

I open my eyes. A furry, bewhiskered face looms about 3 inches from my face. I sigh and close my eyes again, seeking to return to the boat, the pier, James Bond, the dream. But it's not a hand that reaches out to pat my face. It's a paw. The claws are sheathed. But the message is clear. "Your mission -- and you better decide to accept it -- is to get up and get my breakfast."

I get up to get some treats. Outside the window I see, by the dawn's early light, the harvest moon shining round and white among the pink rows of clouds. The world is silent and beautiful, and the beautiful KittenCat reminds me that it is time for breakfast. Oh, yes. And what else? Oh. Right. FBG time.

Good morning, everyone.
Outstanding work diabetic soldier @SaskiaKC. Hope that kitten cat is now fed, watered, pampered and the two of you are totally loved up.

Last edited: