What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 8.0 fbs for me. Just about to leave for the internment of Aunty's ashes in Grandma/ Grandad's grave. It was their wish to have their daughrer buried with them when her time came. We later discovered that the grave had only been made for 2. So I had to do the next best thing to respect their wishes- have a cremation followed by a service to inter her ashes in a casket. Mixed feelings of sadness and satisfaction that I've done the best I can for them. Got to go but hugs to all those who need them and best wishes to all.:)

Hug for honoring their wishes, and for your loss.
t4612.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just read something on the NHS website that makes a lot of sense to me.

The chickenpox vaccine is not part of the routine UK childhood vaccination programme because chickenpox is usually a mild illness, particularly in children. There's also a worry that introducing chickenpox vaccination for all children could increase the risk of chickenpox and shingles in adults.

The second sentence really got to me. The chickenpox vaccine has been around over here for around 30 years now ... and in recent years there has been a lot of TV marketing of a shingles vaccine, with big scare tactics -- "If you had chicken pox the shingles virus is already inside you [and you are doomed]."

So just now I read the above, and conclude that if all these people hadn't been given the chickenpox vaccination as children they might not "need" get the shingles vaccination that is being pushed on them as adults. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr .....................

The NHS sounds MUCH more sensible to me. When I was a child chickenpox was considered a "mild" routine illness, something kids just got, and got over.

Sigh. Vent over. Sorry. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Got to second that post, @dogslife
can't see you could have done ANY better to respect their wishes......big respect.
Thank you, jjraak. It was a dignified service and felt right if you know what I mean. It won't feel complete until I've had aunty's name etc added to my grandparent's headstone. Then, hopefully, I'll have honoured theirs, my mum's and my other deceased aunty's expectations and wishes as well as possible under the circumstances.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

BBC weather app tells me it is Wednesday all over again. I swiped it off the screen. And went in again to open it up, and it is still giving me the whole of Wednesday...maybe I dreamt yesterday and it didn’t happen. Do you think if I turn up to meet my friend for lunch again she will turn up too....

I think I’ll go back to sleep....might be safest...

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning, feeling sorry for myself and rougher than... well, rough things. Moved into the 'wet' phase of proper flu which is naff as I just had the flu jab. Aches and pains along with an inability to walk more than a few yards makes for a fun time. Her ladyship still requires me to drive her so no rest there. Does all that sound wretched enough? Excellent :)

Reactions: trick60

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hard to consistently strike the right tone reading this morning's posts. @OldButBold fantastic humour in adversity but hug for the flu; @dogslife hug for your loss and dilemma but admiration for striving to fulfil the wishes of the departed; @gennepher throughly bizarre experience so bed sounds like a plan; @trick60 more good morning readings and thanks for the wishes for a good day; @SaskiaKC glad the shoulder pain has gone and your world is wearing a happier visage.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Part the 2nd in which the reader learns of my fbg, a bizarre encounter with my (female) GP but not how to remove crustaceans from one's patella ( that comes in the premium edition). Fbg 5.9 after <10 gms carb and around 1400 cals - definitely not dilly, dilly. The GP bade me lie down and disrobe somewhat. She took a while to admire the honourable member for fenland then suggested I take a photo of said appendage. I replied that winsome as she was and me being aware how C21st mores diverged from my salad days I still felt disinclined to accept the invitation - perhaps another chap may be more sporting. The bg?
Neither seek what is too difficult for you,
nor investigate what is beyond your power.
Reflect upon what you have been commanded,
for what is hidden is not your concern.
Do not meddle in matters that are beyond you,
for more than you can understand has been shown to you.
For their conceit has led many astray,
and wrong opinion has impaired their judgement.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me after a broken nights sleep, just 2.5 hours shuteye. Very busy three days ahead so really needed more @gennepher I could do with your BBC experience actually happening.
@OldButBold you certainly do sound wretched enough, keep warm, rested and hydrated and get better soon.

Lots to do and the sun Is shining BUT no time for Mountain Biking until next week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Another day shared in the Bhavachakra.

The wonder wheel of a thrice round walking tour of town and then not falling asleep at the PPG meeting gave a rare and bejewelled 4.5 this am.

I can’t focus on very much today as I have a bizarre picture of a production of Antony and Cleopatra which takes place in a GP surgery. Must be something that I read, it chills the blood.

Have a great day if you can, if your body aches, then you are indeed alive.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Yesterday 7.8 two hours after breakfast followed by a sharp drop to 4.0. Didn't even get to 5 after lunch. So interesting readings at the moment. Am relaxing with a coffee after an early doggie walk. A bit chilly hear in East Anglia.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1 after another bad sleep though only tested at 0800. Ate little yesterday defo sub 20g carbs including milk in coffee to get me through. Cant claim to be anywhere near as bad as @OldButBold who I am now worrying about. Please take great care. @ianpspurs difficult to comment on your consulting room drama defo got your 10 mins worth there!
My plan for today is nothing. Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, get better, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning, feeling sorry for myself and rougher than... well, rough things. Moved into the 'wet' phase of proper flu which is naff as I just had the flu jab. Aches and pains along with an inability to walk more than a few yards makes for a fun time. Her ladyship still requires me to drive her so no rest there. Does all that sound wretched enough? Excellent :)
So sorry that it turned out to be the flu - especially as you had the flu jab. Hope you recover really quickly.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If all scabs and scars heal no further treatment, if not cream. Seems to be a family weakness as dad and his brother both had same issue. I just sweat so much with hats - sometimes go through about 4 in a day. Thanks for the concern and hope your part of the world is drying out.
that's good news that if you do need further treatment it will be cream and not further surgery.

Definitely drying out here after the flooding. Hoping that it isn't raining Sunday as we want to go to Sheringham Park to see the trees beginning to turn into their Autumnal colours. At the moment the Met office app says no rain all day and the BBC app says rain all day.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold who I am now worrying about. Please take great care.

Thank you PM (and all others), one of the joys of living alone is that you can wallow in your misery (occasionally), which is what I am doing right now. No one around to tell me I have a cold and not the mystic man-flu ;) Not much I can do about it, virus will work itself out over time.

Here's me, wallowing...

wallow.jpg
:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an amazing uninterrupted nights sleep from 01:30 to 7am...got up to 20 messages on my phone thankfully managed to sort them out and may possibly have to dash off to London we shall see...wow a mad few days at work but that is how it often goes...one coffee doubtless more to follow...surprisingly after my singularly bad eating regime in the last few days woke to a 5.8

Reactions: mojo37