What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sea Fever, although I had other choice names for her that might test the scrutiny by moderators on the forum. :joyful:
I wonder if it is the colour. My 13yr old Labrador is chocolate. You couldn't get a more gentle and affectionate Labrador but he is so stubborn. When he absolutely refuses to turn for home because he thinks the walk hasn't been long enough, or he decides he wants to walk a different way to the way you have chosen - I do have some choice names for him that I couldn't possibly repeat on here.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 this morning, feeling sorry for myself and rougher than... well, rough things. Moved into the 'wet' phase of proper flu which is naff as I just had the flu jab. Aches and pains along with an inability to walk more than a few yards makes for a fun time. Her ladyship still requires me to drive her so no rest there. Does all that sound wretched enough? Excellent :)
6.3 this morning, feeling sorry for myself and rougher than... well, rough things. Moved into the 'wet' phase of proper flu which is naff as I just had the flu jab. Aches and pains along with an inability to walk more than a few yards makes for a fun time. Her ladyship still requires me to drive her so no rest there. Does all that sound wretched enough? Excellent :)
hope you feel better soon oldbutbold x

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if it is the colour. My 13yr old Labrador is chocolate. You couldn't get a more gentle and affectionate Labrador but he is so stubborn. When he absolutely refuses to turn for home because he thinks the walk hasn't been long enough, or he decides he wants to walk a different way to the way you have chosen - I do have some choice names for him that I couldn't possibly repeat on here.
Good thought but I think it's more the thoroughbred. I have a Champagne Labrador who's just as stubborn, he's a lovely dog though. Before him I had a Champagne Lab crossed with a Golden Retriever, looked like a pure Labrador but he was clever, obedient and trustworthy. Once I asked him to stay outside a country pub, had a meal, left through another door and drove home and got on with some jobs, about 2 hours later I realised I had left the poor fellow at the pub, went back and there he was sitting very alert but still waiting, he was certainly the best dog I have ever had.

Oh and all the WElsh Cobs I owned that were not thoroughbred were also sensible and well behaved. So in my book it's the thoroughbred that is the problem. Having said that I am certainly not thoroughbred and I have been know to behave badly :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Wretched as Dickens. I'm sorry to hear you're still ill. I hope her ladyship doesn't catch it, wish she could find another driver for the duration. You should be in bed with tea and Talisker. Hug.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 Thursday morning. The KittenCat seems to be under the same impression as @gennepher 's app. She had a big breakfast of treats, followed by a second breakfast of actual food, yet here she sits demanding more. Or something else. I am not very fluent in CatSpeak first thing in the morning especially when my coffee is lukewarm and the apartment is cool enough for socks.

But there is a lovely October sky outside and I will see what the KittenCat wants now as I get up to pour another (hopefully hotter) mugful of coffee.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hard to consistently strike the right tone reading this morning's posts. @OldButBold fantastic humour in adversity but hug for the flu; @dogslife hug for your loss and dilemma but admiration for striving to fulfil the wishes of the departed; @gennepher throughly bizarre experience so bed sounds like a plan; @trick60 more good morning readings and thanks for the wishes for a good day; @SaskiaKC glad the shoulder pain has gone and your world is wearing a happier visage.

best wishes for the days ahead, and a clear score, please god.

as for the posted meeting appropriate levels,
I'm just thankful that anyone reads, marks or replies to my posts, in any fashion, myself.

just nice to have the ability to post and know it's not just moaning into the ether of the Interweb..:D

and the prose later..

mine runs..
20180615_friday_quote.jpg

Defo covers my time on here.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good thought but I think it's more the thoroughbred. I have a Champagne Labrador who's just as stubborn, he's a lovely dog though. Before him I had a Champagne Lab crossed with a Golden Retriever, looked like a pure Labrador but he was clever, obedient and trustworthy. Once I asked him to stay outside a country pub, had a meal, left through another door and drove home and got on with some jobs, about 2 hours later I realised I had left the poor fellow at the pub, went back and there he was sitting very alert but still waiting, he was certainly the best dog I have ever had.

Oh and all the WElsh Cobs I owned that were not thoroughbred were also sensible and well behaved. So in my book it's the thoroughbred that is the problem. Having said that I

Oh and all the WElsh Cobs I owned that were not thoroughbred were also sensible and well behaved. So in my book it's the thoroughbred that is the problem. Having said that I am certainly not thoroughbred and I have been know to behave badly :D
Your dogs, past and present, sound like real characters. I am really impressed with your Champagne Lab crossed with a Golden Retriever. How clever, obedient and trustworthy to stay waiting for you outside the pub.

As your Champagne Lab is just as stubborn as my Chocolate Lab - I do think that you are right - that it isn't the colour of the horse, but the thoroughbred breeding that is the problem.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting readings again today. Struggled to get over 5 after breakfast, then was 3.8 before lunch. Felt OK and not even really that hungry. Something has definitely changed. Not complaining though as it is much better doing keto and having low numbers than doing keto and being fed up because the numbers are not as low as I think they should be with such low carbs.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a long day yesterday, out hunting a bit of work over chrimbo.

A nightmare as
1) traffic good until 3 miles from, appointment site. GRIDLOCKED
2) decided to park up and then had the "Pay by phone" nightmare
TRIED to join and get the ******* site to accept my card, reg number and payment details, repeatedly told i don't exist..I KNOW, that why i am entering everything for the FIRST TIME...@%$*@
3) reluctantly back INTO the car, knew the are roughly, so i could park further north IF i could only make progress through the GRIDLOCKED Traffic.
4) still made the effort, arrived late, made job offer, so a useful day all in,
even if a 30 mins journey (1hr all in each way), as i planned it, became 4 1/2 hours sat in traffic...aaggh

Didn't help bike has sat unused the last two weeks, and of course wouldn't start :rolleyes:, so car it was..
but Oh No a slow puncture...best get that pumped up and seen to once at site
.... as I'll have PLENTY of time...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

out at 130, home by 6pm..
ate then bed..awake at midday,bloods 6.0...just had breakfast and now feel, ready to go one more time.

seems to be a thread here of sleeping longer then normal,. i wonder if a few of us are 'Syncing'..?

my stephs jokes i've joined a food Cult, not sure it's more like the Borg from start trek, now...:wideyed:;)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
seems to be a thread here of sleeping longer then normal,. i wonder if a few os us are 'Syncing'..
my stephs jokes i've joined a food Cult, not sure it's more like the Borg from start trek, now...:wideyed:;)

Ah, yes, the Dreaded Diabetes Collective.
m1049.gif

That, or else we're all aging at the same rate and sleeping in protest.

April-03-2012-23-31-41-tumblrm12hr5UVUL1qa9omho1500.jpg

Whichever, it is, as you say, @jjraak
I'm just thankful that anyone reads, marks or replies to my posts, in any fashion, myself.

just nice to have the ability to post and know it's not just moaning into the ether of the Interweb.

I agree, it's great to be part of this group.
happy-cats-group-cartoon-illustration_11460-3545.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant find enough time to write more! Daughters birthday, babysitting, meetings and I did my pt to pt clinic yesterday. Out tonight too@!!

I'm so excited to share all my news. I've had a few requests. All good. Twitter is a great way of communicating for sure!

Haven't even had time to catch up to read peoples replies to 14th Nov suggestions. I'm going to spend some time this evening when I get back in catching up.

Hope all good with everyone

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
m1049.gif

just nice to have the ability to post and know it's not just moaning into the ether of the Interweb.

Loving all the cat pics :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC thanks for the cat pics think I prefer the second lot cos there are gingers :cat:
@jjraak sorry for the difficult journey yesterday such is London I guess but good result so all not lost. Btw jj loved the pic of Marley in front of your fridge...that face says it all, what a character!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
m1049.gif

hahaha..the Diabetes Collective..makes us sound like baddies off an old Dr Who episode.....:hilarious:

nice posts @SaskiaKC

and as for KC...ain't that just like a cat..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
hugs to you both.