What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, and hugs for the sleepless ones, a 5.4 surprised me this morning I was expecting a higher reading due to a late night snack of cheese on toast.
Hugs for you @gennepher Apples history of system updates is pretty poor.

@HarryBeau that is one weird work schedule you have, are you MI5, the names Beau...Harry Beau.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

Weds 4.3, Thurs 4.2, Fri 4.7, yesterday 4.4 and 4.6 today

Thank you all for your support, we've had a bit of a 'tired' week after Suzie.
mr gee had early appts. at the health centre on two consecutive mornings (to be fitted with a 24hr blood pressure monitor and to have it removed), he fortunately just needs a blood pressure med and we decided to do an extra volunteer day this week as well.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rather dull and overcast morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of old comrades and late nights still managed to spit out a 4.1 from the depths of it’s back catalogue this am.

Mainly unsupervised today. Mrs Miggins will probably sleep until lunch time if I am quite. Like @ianpspurs, I get up early - Miggins not so early. I have been know to ride over to Whitby, have breakfast in the Whistle Stop Cafe, back, shower and dressed before making Miggins a mug of tea and waking her up. She is out this afternoon so my day is my own - wonder if the weather will hold; Lucena or Philidor?

Massive yet quiet hugs for @gennepher - I cannot imagine how dreadful this situation with your implant is. Not being able to turn off incoming noise must be torturous. Android person myself although I do have an IPad and packed my laptop away a couple of years ago.

Hope everyone has a good day, catch up with sleep patterns if you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who can speak duck.

An interesting reading for me and me's this morning, but only interesting for me and me's. Blood sugars were 8.9 after a low card high fat home made pizza. Almond flour base and mozzarella cheese with a few other inert ingredients. Now my body can't handle high fats, which is not really an issue if I approach things carefully.
For you low carb high fat injester's Mrs J got the recipe of the interwebby I know not where. This pizza recipe will forever be a once in a blue moon treat from now onwards.

Well folks, it seems the rain has had it's passport stamped and has taken up residence, I am just wondering if the rain is an EU plot.
Have a dry day if you can, Mrs J has just said " Right " which means get your posterior moving or " Their will be trouble ahead " , yes I know the correct lyric uses the word " May " but after 41 years of marriage etc etc etc

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Oh dear, I'm still partying come and join us. Last of visitors Just gone but I'm wide awake. BG 5.5 probably the red wine, good company and contentment. But now off to bed a year older than yesterday.

Sleep well one and all.
Many happy returns, Muddy Cyclist.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg....7.6

So failed this morning compared to other mornings this week. Sigh.

But I do have a major problem, hence me not being able to sleep. The latest IOS update has has rendered my iPhone approaching useless in regards to compatibility to my Cochlear Speech Processor.

Amongst other problems it has caused with my Speech Processor (it attaches to my head via a magnet and all sound is delivered straight to my neural pathways directly inside my head), Apple in their infinite wisdom decided that Cochlear deaf people would absolutely love having all alerts, trills, chirps, and incoming phone call ringing to be directly inside the neural pathways of their head and at an increased intolerable sound level.

The sound level I would imagine a hearing person would suffer being right besides Big Ben as it was chiming 12 o’clock.

It turns out that there is no option to turn this facility off. I get a lot of spam phone calls and before the update I didn’t hear them because I cannot hear a phone ringing.

Put it this way, a hammer was an option yesterday...

Going on the Apple forum, I find many absolutely demented Cochlear Implant people...

Actually I am not kidding on the hammer option. I have been struggling all week with the fall out this latest IOS update has caused my total dependence on technology.

I was all day going through every setting to try and shut the **** thing off. Yes I turned Bluetooth off, it is not meant to connect anything to my Cochlear Sound Processor if Bluetooth is off. But it is bypassing Bluetooth even if it is off and sending a pile of unwanted unwarranted loads sounds directly into my head. I was trying Apple Forum suggestions. And notifications are turned off too, bit something is bypassing and adding to that too. Hence I was so wound up sleep was not an option.

I won’t bore you with every hearing problem this IOS update caused me, otherwise this post will be all day in the writing.

This is one Cochlear problem I never foresaw. And if I had, then I would never have got this Cochlear Implant done.

Cochlear themselves say on their webpage that this is an Apple problem, so get in touch with Apple and not Cochlear. What a cop out. They make a big thing on their promotional site about their collaboration with Apple.

Sorry, this is developing into a full blown rant. I had better stop now.

Please don't apologize for ranting. We all need to do it sometimes. Better to vent here than take hammers to the heads of Cochlear-Apple (or to noisy neighbors in my case). You have my sympathy with the loss of sleep and the stress causing it. IMO many technological "improvements" are anything but, and cause only problems and stress.

I am slowly taking apart my old MacBook before disposing of it. I will now get some satisfaction out of destroying it, and I wish you were here to help me do so. Seriously. In fact I would let you take over its destruction.

I know one other person who has a cochlear implant, and, interestingly, an iPhone. I will send her an e-mail asking about hers. It totally sucks when "improvements" do not improve anything except the salaries of the designers. Meanwhile the people they are supposed to serve suffer.

Reactions: geefull

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist great to hear that your party was so good. What a way to start your new year! :)

@ianpspurs I know you once said no hugs needed but I am sending you some anyway today.

@PenguinMum I wish rainy days were like cups of sugar and I could borrow one from you. Rain is much more useful than sugar but enough is enough! And we aren't getting enough here.

FBG 7 this morning, better than yesterday but not where I'd like it. Oh, well, whose fault is that? Guess I need to go stock up on meats and figure out some way to make them appetizing without raising my LDL.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please don't apologize for ranting. We all need to do it sometimes. Better to vent here than take hammers to the heads of Cochlear-Apple (or to noisy neighbors in my case). You have my sympathy with the loss of sleep and the stress causing it. IMO many technological "improvements" are anything but, and cause only problems and stress.

I am slowly taking apart my old MacBook before disposing of it. I will now get some satisfaction out of destroying it, and I wish you were here to help me do so. Seriously. In fact I would let you take over its destruction.

I know one other person who has a cochlear implant, and, interestingly, an iPhone. I will send her an e-mail asking about hers. It totally sucks when "improvements" do not improve anything except the salaries of the designers. Meanwhile the people they are supposed to serve suffer.

I would absolutely love to aid you in the destruction of your MacBook. I would take great delight in helping you with its annihilation.

upload_2019-10-13_13-18-9.gif

upload_2019-10-13_13-10-52.gif

upload_2019-10-13_13-10-52.gif

Thank you @SaskiaKC

I feel so much better now...

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-13_13-4-24.gif
    upload_2019-10-13_13-4-24.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 231
  • upload_2019-10-13_13-7-2.gif
    upload_2019-10-13_13-7-2.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 233
  • upload_2019-10-13_13-8-47.gif
    upload_2019-10-13_13-8-47.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 213
  • upload_2019-10-13_13-14-21.gif
    upload_2019-10-13_13-14-21.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 203

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just the other day I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to train their cat to make the coffee, and now today I see ...

678d1b9a053c094a6d376933e476c38c.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.0..so on the way down..(i hope.)

early start today, got myself in handy man mode.
mirror mosaic, (dark corner of kitchen , thought it needed lightening up) was yesterdays order of the day,
today, hide away the unsightly pipes in bathroom, madame liked the under sink cabinet, so i hope she's as impressed to day.
still to paint, hope she can see beyond the 'ugly' mdf.

Just sat down to have a snack fist thing since 10 am..dam, cheese, cracker, coleslaw, tomatoes sliced with salt, and a few slices of chorizio, taste delicious when you're that hungry..two cups of brew, and i'm almost ready to go again..

have a good un, all

Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Major hugs to you, @gennepher , not a big fan of apple, overpriced, well packaged ideas stolen from others.
nice to see the chinese giving them a taste of their own medicine..

How could something SO important AND personal, be such a miserable experience due to an update.
(the sheer thought of all that unwanted sound,. in you head, how awful.)

Hope someone arrives with an agreeable update or solution asap.

Sound like your birthday shindig, was a HUGE success, @Muddy Cyclist

@PenguinMum ..rather a nice score given the indian takeaway..

@mojo37 , missing today from our merry gang, hope all is well,
and your just busy enjoying the Sunday

And all you too early gang, sympathies, best wishes for a peaceful nights sleep this evening.
and @ianpspurs sounds the reverse of me and Lauren.
i could go well into the evening, next morning once up.
Lauren is more inclined to slip into a coma come 10pm
the Am is the opposite, she's up and at em, 5 am..me..naw..bleary eyed until at least 8am.

And @trick60 , haribo here too when i first read it out, know better now .and mmhh..
M15..good shout,
OP a Wheel man for some large Crime syndicate...( you seen that jam jar ? :***:;))
( Lots of nefarious types about that time of the late evening.:D )
OR is SHE the Caped Crusader..:wideyed:

and last but not least @geefull

So NICE to see you back on the board.
Not the nicest of weeks i'll bet, yet the scores held up well.
well disciplined, i'd say.

take care all.
best wishes to all that it missed.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@True Blue I scored one for you the other day.
t31018.gif
I was wearing my Leicester City 2016 Champions T-shirt and at the post office a man asked me if it was a British team. I said yes, Premier League, and he said that Liverpool had won the championship this year. I said no, I didn't think so, it was Manchester City.

He turned out to be a Barcelona fan so the talk switched to Suarez and his teeth, but I was 99.9999% per cent sure that I was right about Manchester City.
t31016.gif

Of course, the my T-shirt is just a different shade of blue ...
t31014.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Major hugs to you, @gennepher , not a big fan of apple, overpriced, well packaged ideas stolen from others.
nice to see the chinese giving them a taste of their own medicine..

How could something SO important AND personal, be such a miserable experience due to an update.
(the sheer thought of all that unwanted sound,. in you head, how awful.)

Hope someone arrives with an agreeable update or solution asap.

Thank you @jjraak

The phone has to be off totally for my sanity from that unwanted intrusive overloud sound, so from that point of view it is unusable. Although it is unusable anyway because of compatibility problems due to the update. Or I have to take the Speech Processor off in order to use the iphone safely from that loud noise in my head. This is not sustainable.

More research tomorrow and emails to be sent.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @SaskiaKC get you and your Leicester City 2016 shirt! My OH and two sons are devoted football fans (Arsenal. Psst dont tell Ian obs) but I had no idea it was even on the radar in your neck of the woods. Amazing. Me? I hide when they watch matches on tv and if they go up to the games it is tranquil here. Such is life. No 1 son played for local team from U8 to U16 and we all went in in all weathers to home and away games.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@True Blue I scored one for you the other day.
t31018.gif
I was wearing my Leicester City 2016 Champions T-shirt and at the post office a man asked me if it was a British team. I said yes, Premier League, and he said that Liverpool had won the championship this year. I said no, I didn't think so, it was Manchester City.

He turned out to be a Barcelona fan so the talk switched to Suarez and his teeth, but I was 99.9999% per cent sure that I was right about Manchester City.
t31016.gif

Of course, the my T-shirt is just a different shade of blue ...
t31014.gif
I imagine the guy confused Champions League (European competition) - which they won - with Premier League which they didn't.

Reactions: jjraak