Type 1'stars R Us

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ignorant close minded people. Diabetes and its associated maladies (obv..), modern society, rudeness.
Hi and welcome! Love the avatar, and I won’t do what you tell me either ;)

MySugr is great for tracking all those things, I’ve been using it for years and it’ll generate reports for your team too. The free version does the job but you get all sorts of extras if you subscribe. I’ve found it well worth the couple of quid a month, as you can search your results by location etc.

Colour me knackered today - have had two very intense revision days at uni in preparation for my practical clinical exams next week. I’m pretty cool with basic life support and using the defibrillator, selecting the right tubes to shove down someone’s gob and when is groovy; identifying shockable heart rhythms is ok too. Slightly more apprehensive about remembering to ask all the right questions in the patient assessment one. So I’ll be practising that. I can do a manual blood pressure like a boss, and now a blood glucose without licking anyone’s fingers or pulling the test strip out of the meter with my teeth :D

Thank you and RatM has always expressed a lot of my inner rage, i always loved the photo, as grim as self immolation is, those monks give me mental strength in the tough times. What utter conviction and dedication to a cause, Awe inspiring.

New phone at the end of the week so will be getting the MySugr app and giving it a test drive, im sick of the inefficient paper trails left behind me, the kitchen looks like a hoarders stash and a fire hazard had a heathen child.

Your Uni course sounds like a blast, what is it exactly? i know from the context it is medical but what flavor exactly?
I also am a ***** for sucking the blood off my fingers, well, was before a libre..
Also glad to hear that whatever Diabetes stole from you, it left you with a wicked sense of humor. I find that's the biggest pro of the condition, as well as a powerful sense of empathy towards others.

Reactions: Antje77

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ignorant close minded people. Diabetes and its associated maladies (obv..), modern society, rudeness.
Thank you and RatM has always expressed a lot of my inner rage, i always loved the photo, as grim as self immolation is, those monks give me mental strength in the tough times. What utter conviction and dedication to a cause, Awe inspiring.

New phone at the end of the week so will be getting the MySugr app and giving it a test drive, im sick of the inefficient paper trails left behind me, the kitchen looks like a hoarders stash and a fire hazard had a heathen child.

Your Uni course sounds like a blast, what is it exactly? i know from the context it is medical but what flavor exactly?
I also am a ***** for sucking the blood off my fingers, well, was before a libre..
Also glad to hear that whatever Diabetes stole from you, it left you with a wicked sense of humor. I find that's the biggest pro of the condition, as well as a powerful sense of empathy towards others.
Oops, got a bit sweary and starred :eek:

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @therower @Kim Possible I am quite lucky I only live 10 mins from work and they are very flexible with regards to me coming and going as I like. I dont take the mick though and always make the time back.

Getting back to normal now, sitting with a 6.4 and heading south west. Just need to be more careful.

I have also knocked off a couple of Libre by bumping into door frames, getting a wee bit clumsy in old age

On plus side my 3 months supply of pump infusion sets, syringes is getting delivered tomorrow
@therower I have knocked multiple libre sensors off on door frames, as well as killing many watches in the same manner, sometimes spacial awareness doesn't take into account for foreign objects protruding from the body :)
also jumpers have robbed me of time with particular libre sensors. not funny when they cost so much.
Also, have you ever had one leave the steel needle in your flesh after the process of applying one? happened only once but it came as a shock when i realised why it was stinging... plus the sensor didn't work after i had manually removed the cannula sheath (if that is the correct medical term)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@smc4761 I haven't finger pricked on a bad low for years so not really sure what I've been at. I just know I've been dripping in sweat and shaking, seeing starbursts in back of eyes etc. I have always been able to function, maybe not well, but at least get some kind of sugar down me.

Now I have my Dexcom set to give me plenty of warning so I usually just don't drop below 3.6. Although once I got tricked with a fast low and once my number started to go up I ignored feeling bad because I had already been low. It turns out I was dropping again and no warning as I never went above my warning number to drop again to get an alert, so I think I hit a 3 the second time.

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I'm sure the forecast said dry, OK just checked and have to wait til 10am
Madam BAD is very and I don't know why. That's the problem with finger pricking, you only get glimpses. My appointment with diabetes registrar is in a month and I know for sure they're going to be unhappy with my HbA1c. I can't see me stabilising BG in 2 weeks before I get the blood test done and it won't make a cat in hell's difference anyway. And I keep getting messages from FB with photos of me from a year ago, I was thin and now I'm a blob.
Not a happy bunny today so hope others are more positive

I know exactly how you feel, I had to go out and buy new work trousers yesterday due to putting on so much weight since diagnosis. I’m considering running away to Las Vegas in just over a week for a few days...bit of R&R!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Wednesday.
I can't believe my daughter is 19 today, as the years have just flown by, so at 8.42pm tonight, she will be officially 19 lol
I am over the moon, as I started the day on a 6.4 ( I have been have real problems lately with BG) with a steady line all night. I was jumping up and down so happy and my daughter was happy for me too <3 :happy::joyful:

Image_1571222512 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
All of Knikki ever is gone too:( I do still miss him and WuTwo. I worry about WuTwo also.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I just looked and it must of been deleted, tbh I think it would probably of got locked anyway :rolleyes:
Maybe a moderator could clarify this ?

I keep getting told by people that I can get rid of Diabetes Type one
I found this ;
Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All of Knikki ever is gone too:( I do still miss him and WuTwo. I worry about WuTwo also.

I just hope WuTwo is well and nothing bad has happened. I think Knikki went to pastures new and I'm sure all will be good :)

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Same here, I think Knikki is probably fine but WuTwo I am more concerned about. I just wish I knew she was okay.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@slip and anyone who has green toms
I've posted my favourite recipe for green tom soup on Food, nutrition thread. It's not low carb it was before that time