Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
I also had my flu jab yesterday.
I said "ouch" when the needle went in and the nurse was very apologetic ... until I told her it didn't really hurt!
Apart from my arm being slightly sore, I feel fine. And the sore arm didn't stop me doing any weights yesterday in the gym.

So far, today seems to be one of those days of starting lots of things and then getting interrupted before I complete them.

@Streather \m/ I find putting my Libre sensor more under my arm than at the back means that I would have to walk through doorways in a very strange manner to knock it off.

Anyone know what has happened to the thread "Keep being told by people that there is a cure for type 1 diabetes" (or something along those lines) has gone? It was there and now it's not.
Obviously they’ve found the cure. :hilarious::hilarious:.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends and new friends
I had my flu vaccine today and it wasn’t that bad as I remembered it. Maybe it’s the way they inject it because it was quite painful in the past. Nurse was quite good, I was in there for a minute. My online pharmacy order has been dispatched and it feels like Christmas, they were able to get Fiasp :D
As for the food situation, they provide staff food. I wasn’t expecting them to give me food but they provide it. They’ve been telling everyone different things so if it was made clear, I’ll be able to work around it.

MeiChanski - I must admit, because I have to avoid gluten absolutely, I usually ensure I have my own food sorted out, rather than rely on anyone anywhere to feed me.

I know your issues aren't with gluten, but personally, I just feel I'm better looking after myself, then if something irresistibly, suitably fabulous turns up in front of me, it's a pleasant surprise. but I know I'll not be going hungry.

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
I also had my flu jab yesterday.
I said "ouch" when the needle went in and the nurse was very apologetic ... until I told her it didn't really hurt!
Apart from my arm being slightly sore, I feel fine. And the sore arm didn't stop me doing any weights yesterday in the gym.

So far, today seems to be one of those days of starting lots of things and then getting interrupted before I complete them.

@Streather \m/ I find putting my Libre sensor more under my arm than at the back means that I would have to walk through doorways in a very strange manner to knock it off.

Anyone know what has happened to the thread "Keep being told by people that there is a cure for type 1 diabetes" (or something along those lines) has gone? It was there and now it's not.
its still there ive just seen it @Kim Possible :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you and RatM has always expressed a lot of my inner rage, i always loved the photo, as grim as self immolation is, those monks give me mental strength in the tough times. What utter conviction and dedication to a cause, Awe inspiring.

New phone at the end of the week so will be getting the MySugr app and giving it a test drive, im sick of the inefficient paper trails left behind me, the kitchen looks like a hoarders stash and a fire hazard had a heathen child.

Your Uni course sounds like a blast, what is it exactly? i know from the context it is medical but what flavor exactly?
I also am a ***** for sucking the blood off my fingers, well, was before a libre..
Also glad to hear that whatever Diabetes stole from you, it left you with a wicked sense of humor. I find that's the biggest pro of the condition, as well as a powerful sense of empathy towards others.

I’m training to be a paramedic, it’s amazing and I absolutely love it. Diabetes robbed me of a lot of years, but thanks to the tech I’m lucky enough to have now, I’ve been able to achieve non diabetic levels, reverse the complications and really get to grips with life again. On blue lights and sirens :D Dark humour a prerequisite for the job.

Ended up doing 24 (and a half) hours straight on my feet yesterday. Up at 0530, busy day at uni, was chilling at home watching Cake Off with the family when my best mate called in a panic. Her usually well controlled asthma had kicked off, worse than I’ve ever seen it, and her inhalers weren’t working. So I took her down to A&E for nebulising and oxygen - long story short, we were there for six hours, and I finally crawled into bed at 6am. Slept until lunchtime, and feel surprisingly chipper. D-emon behaved pretty well throughout, but I did have to do a pod change at 5am while we were at the hospital, as it was due at bedtime last night. All good practice for when I start my clinical placement out on the road in a couple of weeks, and will be doing shifts, I suppose! The Loop seems to be handling my topsy-turvy life admirably. Friend is much better today, I’ll pop over later and check on her - handily one of my exams is patient assessment on someone with respiratory issues, so it’s revision. With a cup of tea. When she offered to help me revise, I wasn’t expecting such dedication to the cause!

Have a good one, lovely friends ♥️

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yowie wowie just took blood reading 4.3. Beating my previous low of 4.4. I'm so happy. Being back at work helps lower my blood as excersie. Cleaning trains on my feet all the time. I feel good no sign of feeling wonky. Guess needs to be in 3. But I'm doing great. Yes it's still honeymoon time but I'm determined with all this. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
MeiChanski - I must admit, because I have to avoid gluten absolutely, I usually ensure I have my own food sorted out, rather than rely on anyone anywhere to feed me.

I know your issues aren't with gluten, but personally, I just feel I'm better looking after myself, then if something irresistibly, suitably fabulous turns up in front of me, it's a pleasant surprise. but I know I'll not be going hungry.

When I worked in a restaurant in the 1990's, at the end of the shift, about 2.30pm, we could eat the meals for that day.
In my new job, going to the council offices for courses, we need to take our own lunch, eat in the council restaurant or go outside, but a few years ago they did provide food for lunch, but that stopped probably to save money.
They provide tea, coffee and biscuits for breaks.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I told the kitchen I’m vegetarian, so I get anything from tofu to vegetables for my meal. Today I had mixed veggie stir fry with a bit of spice. But I brought snacks in my backpack with me so if I feel a bit peckish, I can go upstairs for a quick munch.