Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Albee7740

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This seems to happen to many of us the so called dawn phenomenon and very annoying it is too !

Really annoying as I am managing to stay between 4 and 6.5 the rest of the time! I woke at 1am last night and tested and my BG was 6.1 so I don't think it is a rebound effect of going too low during the night. My grand plan is to increase my basal gradually and see what this does. Last night I took 22 units instead of my usual 20 and this morning my fasting was 7.5 which is better .....

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really annoying as I am managing to stay between 4 and 6.5 the rest of the time! I woke at 1am last night and tested and my BG was 6.1 so I don't think it is a rebound effect of going too low during the night. My grand plan is to increase my basal gradually and see what this does. Last night I took 22 units instead of my usual 20 and this morning my fasting was 7.5 which is better .....
From all that I have learnt ( mainly from this forum) fbg is the hardest to bring down and if your levels are good during the day , which yours appear to be , then that is more important so don’t be too disheartened .