Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a night i dropped down to low twos treated that but was on a roller coaster all night im currently 17.8 but correction done heads banging and im shattered i will make sure i check which pen im using in future its going to be one of those days .anyway have a good day everyone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
What a night i dropped down to low twos treated that but was on a roller coaster all night im currently 17.8 but correction done heads banging and im shattered i will make sure i check which pen im using in future its going to be one of those days .anyway have a good day everyone

I hope you feel better as the day goes on, I think a lot of us have been through the same, take care x
Ooooh and good morning :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning guys, it's my last day on the school run as it's an inset day tomorrow, but I have another job for tomorrow, I'm promoting Make up ladies, Max Factor.
BG has been better better and awoke on this, even though there was a dip during the night, happy days :happy:

Have a good day day everyone
Screenshot_20191024-065301.png

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
My little liver friend has been "helping". Yesterday for instance I woke 4.9, and then 2.5hrs later having eaten jack squat it was 9
So today I thought I'd get ahead of the game and gave it a bit of blouse, not enough and there was still a rise.
Hope everyone else is having a less offal time

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@karen8967 I think we have all done that at one stage in our type 1 lives. A right royal PITA. Hope your day gets better x

Psssssst. Good morning y'all

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all Afternoon all, been a bit busy this morning. BGs have been fairly stable but wish it was just a little bit lower, would have liked 5 & 6's instead of 7,8 and 9's - but yet again I'm coming to the end of both pens - and you know the one time if I up the dose to compensate will be the time it decides to work 100% :meh:

Reactions: porl69 and SueJB

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I'm still happy my dog has her sensor, but I hope I survive it. Last night she shot up in the middle of the night to the 16's, but tonight she dropped crazily into the 2's. Same food, same insulin....................it doesn't make sense, gees sound familiar everyone???

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ignorant close minded people. Diabetes and its associated maladies (obv..), modern society, rudeness.
Morning all,
I also had my flu jab yesterday.
I said "ouch" when the needle went in and the nurse was very apologetic ... until I told her it didn't really hurt!
Apart from my arm being slightly sore, I feel fine. And the sore arm didn't stop me doing any weights yesterday in the gym.

So far, today seems to be one of those days of starting lots of things and then getting interrupted before I complete them.

@Streather \m/ I find putting my Libre sensor more under my arm than at the back means that I would have to walk through doorways in a very strange manner to knock it off.

Anyone know what has happened to the thread "Keep being told by people that there is a cure for type 1 diabetes" (or something along those lines) has gone? It was there and now it's not.
I've ended up moving them directly to the back of my arm 2'' below my armpit :)

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all Afternoon all, been a bit busy this morning. BGs have been fairly stable but wish it was just a little bit lower, would have liked 5 & 6's instead of 7,8 and 9's - but yet again I'm coming to the end of both pens - and you know the one time if I up the dose to compensate will be the time it decides to work 100% :meh:
I'd always like things a bit lower, I'm just seeing 6-7 and sometimes higher. Do you reckon upping basal might do the trick?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm still happy my dog has her sensor, but I hope I survive it. Last night she shot up in the middle of the night to the 16's, but tonight she dropped crazily into the 2's. Same food, same insulin....................it doesn't make sense, gees sound familiar everyone???
What do you do when she's in the 2s? Jelly babies?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB depends on when you're seeing the the highs, if it's just before your meal and you're pretty certain you got the previous meal covered correctly and you've no IOB and it's consistent then upping the basal should help - but you could also do a full on 'basal test' to be certain.

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly it looks like 'Kim' has taken a *self enforced* break from the forum - self enforced might not the the right wording but she took the decision herself - hopefully she'll be back when she's happier with things.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Might be worth a try, just by a unit or even just a half if your pen does half units. What basal are you on?
I think it's a tiny amount 5mmol morning and then again evening. The thing I worry about is.............. if I start increasing basal................ I'll get even fatter. Went and tried on a great spotty top today, just by chance and thought it needed to come home with me. Took it into the changing room........... noticed belly was well-bruised with injections and also saw the very very evident fat handles. Does more basal mean that blouse should decrease or is that a silly but logical idea? More basal =less bolus

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
More basal =less bolus

No, but (there always is!), if your bolus is currently helping the basal to keep you stable then yes your ratios might need tweaking down a bit.