HB1Ac has increased from 45 to 46 in two months.

Saur

Don't be put off by the rather horrid smell when you open the sachet. It is not the rice itself, but the fluid it is stored in. Just drain and rinse thoroughly. I find half a sachet is enough for a portion. Of course it works out much dearer than ordinary rice, but at least H&B almost always has it at around half price. I usually also manage to profit by one of their "spend £X and save 10-15%" offers as I am happy to buy in bulk. And then I earn points ...!
I don’t eat too much rice but just to get more variety in my diet, I will try the rice. Thankyou for letting me know about the smell. All foods with low carb are expensive. I suppose health comes first.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t eat too much rice but just to get more variety in my diet, I will try the rice. Thankyou for letting me know about the smell. All foods with low carb are expensive. I suppose health comes first.
Yes, health comes first, but all the same ...! I haven't counted up, but I must spend a lot more on food since I've been eating VLC. The Slim range includes various sorts of pasta shapes as well as rice, which is my preference. As I mentioned, I like the rice as a sweet pudding, but also added to a savoury soup. Good luck!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just to get more variety in my diet
@Saur I think you have hit on one of the keys to success with a low carb diet. I am always aware that I eat some foods so frequently, that II risk suddenly going off them altogether. I eventually come back to them, but it's a worry. I have even bought new colourful crockery just for the sake of variety. It works for me! One meal Slim rice pudding in a pink bowl, the next time exactly the same pudding, but in a green one. Pink is for breakfast when I need something comforting and gentle, green for lunch when I expect to be fresher and more awake.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried Tesco’s High Protein or Hovis’s Pumpkin and Sunflower Bread which both 10g carbs per slice. I find that one slice, crammed with filling or toasted with a couple of eggs, are enough.
Yes and the lidi high protein rolls when they used to sell them ...the ones you mentioned I do have now and again but still not the same as "proper " bread . But like all of us that want to lower our sugars we have to change what spikes our blood levels :-(

Saur

@Saur I think you have hit on one of the keys to success with a low carb diet. I am always aware that I eat some foods so frequently, that II risk suddenly going off them altogether. I eventually come back to them, but it's a worry. I have even bought new colourful crockery just for the sake of variety. It works for me! One meal Slim rice pudding in a pink bowl, the next time exactly the same pudding, but in a green one. Pink is for breakfast when I need something comforting and gentle, green for lunch when I expect to be fresher and more awake.
What a good idea about using different crockery. Rice pudding sounds good.

Saur

Yes and the lidi high protein rolls when they used to sell them ...the ones you mentioned I do have now and again but still not the same as "proper " bread . But like all of us that want to lower our sugars we have to change what spikes our blood levels :-(
Totally agrec with you.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn’t like the Lidl rolls but find the Hovis sunflower and pumpkin bread tastier than ordinary white or whole meal.