1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

HB1Ac has increased from 45 to 46 in two months.

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Saur, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Saur

Saur · Well-Known Member

I don’t eat too much rice but just to get more variety in my diet, I will try the rice. Thankyou for letting me know about the smell. All foods with low carb are expensive. I suppose health comes first.

2. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Yes, health comes first, but all the same ...! I haven't counted up, but I must spend a lot more on food since I've been eating VLC. The Slim range includes various sorts of pasta shapes as well as rice, which is my preference. As I mentioned, I like the rice as a sweet pudding, but also added to a savoury soup. Good luck!

3. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

@Saur I think you have hit on one of the keys to success with a low carb diet. I am always aware that I eat some foods so frequently, that II risk suddenly going off them altogether. I eventually come back to them, but it's a worry. I have even bought new colourful crockery just for the sake of variety. It works for me! One meal Slim rice pudding in a pink bowl, the next time exactly the same pudding, but in a green one. Pink is for breakfast when I need something comforting and gentle, green for lunch when I expect to be fresher and more awake.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes and the lidi high protein rolls when they used to sell them ...the ones you mentioned I do have now and again but still not the same as "proper " bread . But like all of us that want to lower our sugars we have to change what spikes our blood levels :-(

5. Saur

Saur · Well-Known Member

What a good idea about using different crockery. Rice pudding sounds good.

6. Saur

Saur · Well-Known Member

Totally agrec with you.

7. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I didn’t like the Lidl rolls but find the Hovis sunflower and pumpkin bread tastier than ordinary white or whole meal.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook