What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)

Well done Mojo good numbers.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time. No resultant bleeding, only slightly dizzy and no grittiness. One more to do before Christmas and am hoping it will be him again though he is not part of “my team”. The nurse said they all have their preferred anaesthesia which they use which seemed odd but then she also said in 20 years in the clinic she never had a patient being faint and nauseous. I googled in the small hours today and these were among a long list of side effects in the drug company’s leaflet. I am now sporting a Jack Sparrow eye patch and am about to nap on the sofa with the furry girls.

I'm happy that you're happy PM, speedy recovery.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The KittenCat and I are off to the vet in about half an hour for an appointment one hour from now. The bald patch on her leg just isn't getting any new hair growth, and this morning I caught her licking it again. My BG and BP are all over the place, as no doubt hers are too now as she caught me getting her carrier down from the shelf.
Prayers, purrs, positive thoughts and wishes, all appreciated! ^. .^

Prayers, positive thoughts and best wishes always there for you and the KC, I'll leave the purring to those better suited to it. ^..^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time. No resultant bleeding, only slightly dizzy and no grittiness. One more to do before Christmas and am hoping it will be him again though he is not part of “my team”. The nurse said they all have their preferred anaesthesia which they use which seemed odd but then she also said in 20 years in the clinic she never had a patient being faint and nauseous. I googled in the small hours today and these were among a long list of side effects in the drug company’s leaflet. I am now sporting a Jack Sparrow eye patch and am about to nap on the sofa with the furry girls.

Aw so pleased it all went so well.

nerve wracking and justifiably venting earlier...be more worried if ya didn't..who wouldn't grumble to friends..:)

that's all to be expected, but i know you've got inner steel and that is what it is..venting some justified anxieties.

Nice to hear how they got the big guns out to run the show for you..:happy:
a little calmer now your home, i'll bet and it's all done.

and that little kicker at the end re the eye patch, tells,me i shouldn't be too worried, your
going to be fine..

God Bless, PM
speedy recovery
x

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone for the incredible support today I am a silly old sausage. If I can find a Jack Sparrow postcard it will be wending its way to Gentle Gerald and the Geraldines real soon! @SaskiaKC hoping and praying the KC gets a good report. Sending hugs and purrs galore from under the blanket. Please let us know when you can.
@HarryBeau the kittens just look so vulnerable hoping and praying they make a full recovery and are soon toasty with Plumpy and you by the fire.

Reactions: geefull

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)
Well done x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Hugs that it went well and that you got a lovely guy this time x

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the kittens just look so vulnerable hoping and praying they make a full recovery and are soon toasty with Plumpy and you by the fire.
They do bless them PM...but they have made amazing progress so far so they must be tough little troopers...talking of tough troopers you did so well today... I'm not surprised you found the whole process daunting after the last treatment...fingers crossed for 'Big Fish' & Cardboard' soon to be Charlie & Lola... I hope you and your girls are curled up on the sofa doing nothing me & Harry are although I think he thinks I am going to share my lamb chops for supper with him so he's relaxing with one eye open every time I move.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.2 this morning

Out at the charity shop all day, I was expecting that Friday next week would be the final volunteering day at the shop for me but when I arrived this morning it was to find a note letting me know that the shop's final day of opening will be next Tuesday :sorry:

The shop was fairly quiet today because the weather was pretty miserable but at least I've had time to speak with the other volunteers with whom I've been working Fridays for the last while :)

We shall all go out for a meal in a couple of weeks which will be good because I've met some friends through my decision to help out ;)

Also this morning wee Katy had to go to the vet for her vaccination and will need the second part in a couple of weeks, she was much admired ;)

Hope your day is going well :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They do bless them PM...but they have made amazing progress so far so they must be tough little troopers...talking of tough troopers you did so well today... I'm not surprised you found the whole process daunting after the last treatment...fingers crossed for 'Big Fish' & Cardboard' soon to be Charlie & Lola... I hope you and your girls are curled up on the sofa doing nothing me & Harry are although I think he thinks I am going to share my lamb chops for supper with him so he's relaxing with one eye open every time I move.
Lol difficult to share lamb chops...one of my favourites with a bit of Greek Salad ...but I bet you will share a little all the same. Thanks again for the immense support of you and others. Not a fan of adversary I am glad I stamped my feet this time.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.but I bet you will share a little all the same.
Well PM you must be psychic I have just finished them & they were delicious...a little jerk seasoning (actually more than a little) I did think there's no way Hasbo' would like that kind of flavour...wrong he did and yes of course I did save him a little some … he's staying tonight Laura has gone to Bruges to do some shopping...so he's claimed his place on the sofa (mine) and made it clear he is not moving...I am such a soft touch.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately ultra low carb does not work for me, moderately low carb and moderate fat works, I need some carb. The diabetic consultant at the hospital told me this and much to my horror he was correct. He had understood my metabolism.

After following your posts for some time I feel that perhaps you are like me and need more selective carbs.
I have been mulling this over for a day or so as I soaked up the rays by the pool @alf_Josiah. Here's my thoughts:: More food and probably carbs for me turns into more watts on cardio and weight lifted in the gym - LC = low power for me whatever others claim. More carbs/food means I retain water so no gout - LC is definitely the cause of that. Leafy salad, seeds and vinaigrette are my go to first choice food then I build around this. Alcohol raises my resting pulse so needs avoiding most of the time ( if I need it to lower bg something is badly wrong) - I was right to avoid it for most of the year. I will always like sweeter foods and real bread and no LC alternative will ever taste right - better not to waste time and effort trying to make them. I had 2 mini croissant and 3 scoops of proper Ice cream this week - off hand I can’t think of any LC food that has tasted better in 4.5 years. I don't think I will ever enjoy LC eating or make it work properly for me and I really don't understand it. Managing bg is highly individual, too many variables and moving parts. Probably should have been a pm but hey ho.

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all, @HarryBeau, @trick60 , @PenguinMum , and everyone who sent prayers, purrs, positive thoughts, crossed everything, best wishes, and hugs for the KittenCat. We are back from the vet, who said she was not worried about the bald patch. She thinks maybe something bit the KittenCat or she got scraped, and started licking the irritated spot, wearing the fur off. The KittenCat was fitted with an E-collar, in hopes that if she CAN'T lick she will break herself of any habit before it starts. We were also offered a onesie like the one Dennis @DJC3 wore but after discussion and demonstration I opted for the E-collar. I doubt she will wear it much, as I have to remove it for eating and drinking and visiting the litterbox, which would mean a lot of taking off and putting on and she was seriously upset by just the fitting.

Good news is, the vet is not worried, the site is not infected, the KittenCat is not obsessively licking it, and I am available to keep an eye on it. As soon as we got home I let her out of her carrier and then took off again, to the grocery store, where I got us some nice cod, which we both love. Other good news is that some of the staff at the vet's clinic know one of the towns I am considering and have been able to tell me quite a bit about the town in general and the neighborhood in particular.

So now I think that, like @PenguinMum and the furry girls, and @HarryBeau and Plumpy, the KittenCat and I are going to stretch out on the sofa under a blanket and take a nap.

Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all, @HarryBeau, @trick60 , @PenguinMum , and everyone who sent prayers, purrs, positive thoughts, crossed everything, best wishes, and hugs for the KittenCat. We are back from the vet, who said she was not worried about the bald patch. She thinks maybe something bit the KittenCat or she got scraped, and started licking the irritated spot, wearing the fur off. The KittenCat was fitted with an E-collar, in hopes that if she CAN'T lick she will break herself of any habit before it starts. We were also offered a onesie like the one Dennis @DJC3 wore but after discussion and demonstration I opted for the E-collar. I doubt she will wear it much, as I have to remove it for eating and drinking and visiting the litterbox, which would mean a lot of taking off and putting on and she was seriously upset by just the fitting.

Good news is, the vet is not worried, the site is not infected, the KittenCat is not obsessively licking it, and I am available to keep an eye on it. As soon as we got home I let her out of her carrier and then took off again, to the grocery store, where I got us some nice cod, which we both love. Other good news is that some of the staff at the vet's clinic know one of the towns I am considering and have been able to tell me quite a bit about the town in general and the neighborhood in particular.

So now I think that, like @PenguinMum and the furry girls, and @HarryBeau and Plumpy, the KittenCat and I are going to stretch out on the sofa under a blanket and take a nap.
Hey Saskia and KC that is good to hear. I am so relieved for both of you. The collar thing is difficult but if you can take it off for food thats ok dont really understand wny it would affect her litte tray unless it it stress. Big sigh of relief for both of you!!
Hugs and purrs from us.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hey I think you two should get under a rug together...can recommend it...hipe you are there right now. Xx