What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Laid in this morning as I have a horrible sinusy cold so:
Late Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Missed lunch.
Mid afternoon: coconut cappuccino at Nero’s with a white chocolate phd bar.
Dinner: fry up, egg, bacon, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Makes it warmer and froths much more - froths almond milk which Dualit doesn't. Much easier to clean.

Sorry to be a pedant, but do you mean it has a larger capacity, it creates more foam per ml (or whatever), or it leaves less hot milk behind when it finishes frothing?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be a pedant, but do you mean it has a larger capacity, it creates more foam per ml (or whatever), or it leaves less hot milk behind when it finishes frothing?
Creates more foam and makes the milk warmer.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

how are you feeling now @annabell1 ?
And sorry to hear about the rest prescription @Goonergal :( It really is worth resting tendonitis, even after the pain has gone. Last thing you want is to allow a chronic problem to develop :(

today:
No b, but did have a coffeesubstitute and cream.
No L, but did have a LC hot choc and cream.
D: homemade butter chicken and a DGF brownie

:D

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Garlic pork roast and veggies at the club, several or three XXXX Gold pots of beers.
Dinner: Barbequed fish fillets, salad.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, fat smokey bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, beer, water.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black Friday deals still on - must be specials on food processors with dough hooks. Doesn't the IP have a dough hook?:angelic:

How I wish it did!
I did have a kitchen Aid with a dough hook which had pride of place in the big modern kitchen in our old house, but there’s no room for it here and I didn’t think I’d need it as I don’t eat bread anymore!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are there ant kneading tips on YouTube? I find YT really good for demonstrations of such things.

Ant kneading is just like any kneading, but on a smaller scale. :)

Edited for typo

I had to read this twice, then laughed for a full 10 mins!
Ps good call re YouTube. I’ll check, thanks.

D

Deleted member 308541

Just about to put a couple of bits of fresh brisket marinated in Nando's Peri Peri marinade overnight in the slow cooker.

vPbfQJS.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@Tipetoo ... Mate ... name of that ad blocker please that you recently mentioned? Mike :)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Thankyou @Brunneria @shelley262 @Annb @DCUKMod @PenguinMum @ianpspurs @DJC3 @Goonergal and any anyone i may have missed Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement I'm currently up and down emotionally but im getting there. Grief is emotional so i know it will be up and down emotionally. Just got to get my health back

Last night my 7.5 mmol and This morning I was happy my BSL was 5 mmol/m so happy that although im still on medication for my T2D I haven't had to increase my dose or get put on insulin as for food I've been lucky I've been able to order scrambled eggs and tomatoes with butter for breakfast and lunch dinner I'm having fish or chicken with vegetables mash potatoes a few times and butter. Or a fetta omelet with vegies and butter and small bananas.

But this afternoon I got hungry after lunch and had two biscuits not sure what my BSL is as they haven't tested it since this morning.

My UC well thats up and down but im off the hydrocortisone infusion now just on steroid tablets for a few months. And infection not sure if that is gone yet.

Thanks everyone the tips I know I can do this I'm still on my diabetic medications 30 diamicron and 100 junivia but normally when im on steroids my BSL is in the 20s or higher but thats because I ate carbs then but I know better so I'm going to keep saying to myself no carbs means no high BSLs wish me luck I can do this.

Edited by mod to correct a tag

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
One meal today - I think so anyway. It was a kind of ramen. Finely sliced - br. sprout, cauli leaf, onion, fennel, red pepper and beef fillet (used my electric meat slicer for that). All in a bowl, raw, and very hot chicken stock poured over it. Cooked the meat just as I like it - only just. Couldn't do that with any other cut of beef but since I had bought the fillet to make beef wellington, I was able to do it. Feeling very full and satisfied at this moment.
S3500038.JPG

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@annabell1 - I am so sorry to read about your sister - big HUG coming your way.

@DCUKMod - I actually found myself looking at Instant Pots on Amazon :wideyed: I found one on a good Cyber Monday deal, slept on the idea of buying it overnight and looked this morning only to find it had gone back up to its usual price. Somehow I think something is trying to tell me that getting one (for me) is a bad idea although I do understand the attraction.

Anyway... food for yesterday (it wasn't straightforward!) and my BG seems to go up and down when it feels like it

Friday Bed - forgot to test
Saturday FBG - 8.4
Huge breakfast at Toby Carvery so no idea of carbs although did try to pick reasonably low carb options
2 hours after breakfast 7.3 (huh?)

Lunch: 7.3
Still full from breakfast so just a mug of black coffee
2 hours after 'lunch' 7.6

Dinner: 6.3
Mr C made half a dozen different tapas dishes - again I tried to stick with low carb options
patatas bravas (made with celeriac instead of the spuds), a fennel and goats cheese bake with cream, eggs, garlic and olives topping (V nice), aubergine, pesto and feta rollups, a gorgeous fresh spinach dish (cooked with half my spice cupboard and a couple of tablespoons roasted garlic chickpeas
couple of glasses of wine
50g Breyer's low carb ice cream (on half price deal on Asda)
2 hours after dinner 7.1

Bed time: 8.3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Goonergal - The cheese in that Ilchester cheese advent calendar is lovely (although I've only eaten today's mature cheddar so far). I'd bought doggy advent calendars for the dogs and a nice chocolate one for Mr C and they all ignored theirs and crowded round me when I opened the first cheese door (including Mr C). It was 5 pounds (I can't fine the pound sign on this new keyboard).

The downside it is quite large and has to be kept in the fridge.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal - The cheese in that Ilchester cheese advent calendar is lovely (although I've only eaten today's mature cheddar so far). I'd bought doggy advent calendars for the dogs and a nice chocolate one for Mr C and they all ignored theirs and crowded round me when I opened the first cheese door (including Mr C). It was 5 pounds (I can't fine the pound sign on this new keyboard).

That Ilchester Advent calendar found its way into my fridge and I also have a snaffling pig one as well. I think they are the first 2 Advent calendars in my 64 years. Today's one was rather spiffing - the one with gingerbread and the Mexicana are higher carb. I'm not keen on gingerbread so that can be offloaded but I might take one for the team and eat the Mexicana. Just a heads up folks, you wouldn't enjoy either of these calendars so @Chook and myself will just have to take the pain for you in the name of research - no one said this would be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Chook, the IPs were allegedly around, "while stock last", although, apparently the did blip back to full price for a little while yesterday. Maybe have a look tomorrow, in case they've saved some, or find some in a cupboard. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and Annb

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Epic fail on the IP front.

Set in slow cooker mode to cook oxtail for 11 hours, per my usual method. Meat was very, very tough, so either it was a duff tail or - more likely - I got the setting wrong. Was ravenous as on OMAD so rustled up a carnivore pizza with a topping of pancetta. That at least was relatively quick and also tasty.

Will do some more research before embarking on tomorrow’s culinary adventure.