What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd better do a quick catch up and leave the rest of the post reading to later. Need to get Thursday done for now. Bed 5.8 FBG 5 2.
B. TAG with ADOC. Was going to Aqua after the school run so didn't have time for anything else.
L. Nothing - at Aqua then shopping for the odd things I needed to meet the boys dinner request of yet again my macaroni cheese with bits. Back in time to unpack and do the first school pick up.
D. After boys deposited home. Since everyone else was on the Mac and bits I had to make something for myself. Opted for the last Iceland red shrimp with chilli and tomato I had in the freezer (need to restock). Jazzed it up with spinach, tomato, cauliflower rice and a dash of cream. Later mixed up some mascarpone with raspberries and vanilla.
@DCUKMod - yes, I'm afraid I do only have one IP but since I also have a large George Forman, an Air Fryer, large slow cooker, stove top pressure cooker and a lot of other assorted things in the cupboards I have to introduce things with caution! I've just broken the news about the Bissell but since I struggled with the weight of the Rug Doctor after the ceiling collapse it has been accepted (although I do have a multifunctional Vax steamer thing, a Ewbank hard floor scrubber, vac, polisher combined and a Rug Doctor spot cleaner I won in a competition). That lot is after a clear out too. I need an extension on my extension.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd better do a quick catch up and leave the rest of the post reading to later. Need to get Thursday done for now. Bed 5.8 FBG 5 2.
B. TAG with ADOC. Was going to Aqua after the school run so didn't have time for anything else.
L. Nothing - at Aqua then shopping for the odd things I needed to meet the boys dinner request of yet again my macaroni cheese with bits. Back in time to unpack and do the first school pick up.
D. After boys deposited home. Since everyone else was on the Mac and bits I had to make something for myself. Opted for the last Iceland red shrimp with chilli and tomato I had in the freezer (need to restock). Jazzed it up with spinach, tomato, cauliflower rice and a dash of cream. Later mixed up some mascarpone with raspberries and vanilla.
@DCUKMod - yes, I'm afraid I do only have one IP but since I also have a large George Forman, an Air Fryer, large slow cooker, stove top pressure cooker and a lot of other assorted things in the cupboards I have to introduce things with caution! I've just broken the news about the Bissell but since I struggled with the weight of the Rug Doctor after the ceiling collapse it has been accepted (although I do have a multifunctional Vax steamer thing, a Ewbank hard floor scrubber, vac, polisher combined and a Rug Doctor spot cleaner I won in a competition). That lot is after a clear out too. I need an extension on my extension.

Well, the Black Friday price is still on now.................

I'm sure MrB will only believe I didn't make any Black Friday purchases about this time next week. Any vans he sees on our road are being eyed with great suspicion.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Just back from shopping - Mr C found me an Ilchester cheese advent calendar in Sainsburys! Double yum!! I need to spend time catching up with this fast moving thread but thought I'd post yesterday's food:

Thurs bed time BG was 7.5

Breakfast: One halloumi burger and 2 scrambled eggs (2.6g carbs)
2 hours later BG was 8.8

Lunch: 7.8
40g cheese, usual cherry tomatoes and cucumber (2.5g carbs)
2 hours later 7.3

Dinner: 6.1
Dinner out - was cauliflower cheese, red cabbage and cranberry bake thing, french beans - no idea of carbs - couple of large glasses of red wine
2 hours later 7.3 (probably the liver dealing with the wine effect)

Bed time.... forgot to test

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
SOGEEE! and saggy. Had to clean up 2 worksurfaces after turning the maquba out. It doesn't even look right. Covering up the sagging bits with yoghurt. It'll taste fine, I'm sure and I might turn it into chicken and veg soup rather than bother freeze the remains after I eat it. Or maybe it'll make bubble and squeak. There's a thought! It's much better with real rice, but that can't be helped these days, so no point thinking about it.

This is today's one meal (about a quarter of it). I'll just shut my eyes when I eat it.:arghh::)

S3500035.JPG

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @annabell1 what an awful time you've been having. I've only just seen your posting (things don't seem to appear right away on the forum and so I miss them). I wish there was some way I could help. The rollercoaster of emotions you have been suffering, plus the stress of trying to get medical staff to understand your needs, must be making your UC so much worse than it might otherwise be. That and the infection you are also suffering must be causing you agony. I do hope and pray that you are better soon and that you can take time to take some pleasure in the new baby. Do try to take care of yourself once you are free of the hospital and stay strong.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Felt quite hungry today.

Didn’t intend to eat more than twice but a morning rendezvous with footie team at the cafe near the Hub led to 2 fried eggs and 2 rashers bacon. Then to the podiatrist where I learned that 4-5 weeks rest is required :arghh: so no afternoon stroll in the sunshine for me. Got hungry before dinner was ready so had 3 small pieces of cheese. Dinner was beef short ribs cooked in the oven. Next time they’ll be done in the new Instant Pot, which has just been delivered by the neighbour who took it in. Just have to figure out where to put it.

@Chook think I’ll be looking out for that advent calendar.

6DBF9A37-0898-4F6C-ACCA-8AE7D6060E58.jpeg
6CCE662B-E803-443C-AB80-95B2A21E262E.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Today’s food-
B: Scrambled eggs on 1 slice Livlife toast
L:snatched on my way through - 1 of the Dr Almond granola cookies/ hobnob/ oatcake things with cheese. A handful of pork scratching.
Several cups of tea in the afternoon, most with almond milk but one with cows milk
D: H/M bacon cheeseburger with lettuce and avocado&tomato salsa. 1 DGFstrawberry Blondie.
@maglil55 I failed again with the Skinny Bread! So disappointed. I know it wasn’t the proving this time as I popped it into the IP on yoghurt setting so it was warm and cosy. I’m wondering if I should knead it more? I don’t have a processor with a dough hook so mix it by hand - basically thump it about a bit as it’s quite stiff isn’t it?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a break from OMAD today and had a 2MAD (probably 1.5 MAD really). B= water after exercise bike then tea and a mug of coffee from Julie's new Nespresso - it's OK but doesn't live up to the hype except the aeroccino . Lunch (around 16.00) salmon and avocado salad (took all ingredients and own bowl to No1 son's); Eve= 2 slices skinny bread toast and 2 oz President Brie. @DJC3 sorry skinny bred didn't turn out well. @Goonergal sorry podiatrist has ordered rest for 4-5 weeks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a break from OMAD today and had a 2MAD (probably 1.5 MAD really). B= water after exercise bike then tea and a mug of coffee from Julie's new Nespresso - it's OK but doesn't live up to the hype except the aeroccino . Lunch (around 16.00) salmon and avocado salad (took all ingredients and own bowl to No1 son's); Eve= 2 slices skinny bread toast and 2 oz President Brie. @DJC3 sorry skinny bred didn't turn out well. @Goonergal sorry podiatrist has ordered rest for 4-5 weeks.

Does Julie use a dough hook on a processor to make Skinny bread? If not how long does she mix it and what does she use? I have 1 packet left so I’m hoping it’ll be 3rd time lucky or I’ll give up.
Have to agree re Nespresso - I gave mine to youngest daughter a year ago. It never seemed hot enough.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does Julie use a dough hook on a processor to make Skinny bread? If not how long does she mix it and what does she use? I have 1 packet left so I’m hoping it’ll be 3rd time lucky or I’ll give up.
Have to agree re Nespresso - I gave mine to youngest daughter a year ago. It never seemed hot enough.
Julie (and indeed I from time to time) uses a dough hook on a processor.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@annabell1 so sorry to hear about what an awful time you’ve been having recently thinking of you and do take care - your friends here on the forum are hoping things level out soon - poor you.what shocking news about your sister not surprised your health is worse but shame hospitals are so difficult for diabetics re food on offer. X
@Goonergal your Walking lay off will definitely present challenges I would imagine just the amount of walking you do to get to work even using tube and back is going to be more than you should be doing to get better?
Breakfast one chipolata sausage and egg with half a toasted chaffle
Lunch deliciously guilt free millionaires shortbread
Dinner chicken curry and half chaffle with much enjoyed gin and soda.
Working mainly today but did go for a quick walk into town for Bewdley Victorian Christmas market and light switch on. Wonderful weather too good to be sat indoors working. More work tomorrow but then hopefully finished for a few weeks.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Felt quite hungry today.

Didn’t intend to eat more than twice but a morning rendezvous with footie team at the cafe near the Hub led to 2 fried eggs and 2 rashers bacon. Then to the podiatrist where I learned that 4-5 weeks rest is required :arghh: so no afternoon stroll in the sunshine for me. Got hungry before dinner was ready so had 3 small pieces of cheese. Dinner was beef short ribs cooked in the oven. Next time they’ll be done in the new Instant Pot, which has just been delivered by the neighbour who took it in. Just have to figure out where to put it.

View attachment 36975 View attachment 36976

IP arrived, How exciting! Can’t wait to hear how your first meal turns out.
Sorry to hear about the podiatrist report, that must be a real blow for you. Not diabetes related though?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IP arrived, How exciting! Can’t wait to hear how your first meal turns out.
Sorry to hear about the podiatrist report, that must be a real blow for you. Not diabetes related though?

No, it’s Achilles tendinitis with a little bit of plantar fasciitis thrown in for good measure. Stretches and rest prescribed along with some heel raising pads.

@Goonergal your Walking lay off will definitely present challenges I would imagine just the amount of walking you do to get to work even using tube and back is going to be more than you should be doing to get better?

No, it’s ok to do the day to day stuff, just not anything high intensity or too far in one go. Seems the hills on the long walk in Wales may be the culprit.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Felt quite hungry today.

View attachment 36975 View attachment 36976

Goonergal - Is the rest total, or weight bearing? Would you be allowed to swim?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ian - How does the aeroccino differ from your Dualit, in terms of the outputs?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! As I suspected. Not sure what to do now, my manual kneading technique is obviously rubbish.

Are there ant kneading tips on YouTube? I find YT really good for demonstrations of such things.

Ant kneading is just like any kneading, but on a smaller scale. :)

Edited for typo

Last edited: