What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've been poorly for a few days. Not sure what I've had but its knocked the wind right out if my sails. Worst of all my blood sugars have been raised despite hardly eating. I've had zilch appetite. Lost 5lbs! Right time of year to put back on. Funny isnt it, years ago I would have loved to have lost those 5lbs. Cant afford to these days.

29th 6.5
30th 6.3
1st 6.8
Today 5.7

Trouble is libre reads lower than finger pricking!

Got Les Mis tonight at the cinema. My favourite west end show. Going to get sugar free cough med see if that helps otherwise I can see me giving my tickets away.

Happy Monday to one and all.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 after incidental OMD due to travel however that was Chicken Shaslik and cauli bhajee so not ideal. So today I need to buckle up and sort it out.
I have wrapped some presents ahes ago and have been lulled onto false security about Christmas but now its December and Advent and I need to apply myself. Why are men so difficult to buy for? OH and eldest son have me bamboozled. Its always a shirt or a jumper!! @johnpol hope your flu improves pronto, take care, nasty virus going around.
@OldButBold take care out there very icy. @DJC3 lovely idea a out the Christmas movies. Btw my friend got some background info on son’s Grinch jumper! I am quietly excited.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay/get well stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've been poorly for a few days. Not sure what I've had but its knocked the wind right out if my sails. Worst of all my blood sugars have been raised despite hardly eating. I've had zilch appetite. Lost 5lbs! Right time of year to put back on. Funny isnt it, years ago I would have loved to have lost those 5lbs. Cant afford to these days.

29th 6.5
30th 6.3
1st 6.8
Today 5.7

Trouble is libre reads lower than finger pricking!

Got Les Mis tonight at the cinema. My favourite west end show. Going to get sugar free cough med see if that helps otherwise I can see me giving my tickets away.

Happy Monday to one and all.
@Debandez - Strepsils have a strawberry sugar free variant

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Btw my friend got some background info on son’s Grinch jumper! I am quietly excited. .
OK Sherlock give the boy some space:angelic: I loved the fact that I could get to know Julie while I was in London and just kinda present her eventually as here is the woman who will be your daughter in law - think it worked same way for all 3 of our boys.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked yesterday left here 11am got home 9:30pm starving had nothing to eat since breakfast... freezing cold last night the roads were slippery & icy...stopped at our local Tesco Express the only place open I was tired couldn't bear the prospect of cooking...bought a steak slice & some crumpets as solace for my difficult day...I'm not willing to reveal how many I ate but I have stashed the remainder (crumpets) in the freezer just to keep them out of sight...had cramp through much of last night so slept fretfully & intermittently...woke to a 6.2

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why are men so difficult to buy for? OH and eldest son have me bamboozled. Its always a shirt or a jumper!

Blokes..= gadget...Just is ;)

Hugs for the cold but more so for the movie...
theatre show WONDERFUL
Movie..meh ok i suppose.

probably quite good if you haven't seen the shows
and i say that aa a Russell crowe fan

Brilliant in LA Confidential
American Gangster
ad infinitum.
yet in this......disappointing....as was val Jean..Wolverine, perlease..:hilarious:
Enjoy, :D

@ianpspurs
medical centre here has pharmacy next door...but i stayed loyal to my local one.

Today is my HbA1c test result review with the health centres resident Pharmasist at 9.20 am that means I'm going to have to defrost my campervan windscreen although I could risk cycling there but it looks very slippery out side.
Good luck on the test, review ? so no results today then
or were they taken earlier and your only getting the news today?

Hope all are well or get better soonest,

stay warm
stay safe peoples.:D

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK Sherlock give the boy some space:angelic: I loved the fact that I could get to know Julie while I was in London and just kinda present her eventually as here is the woman who will be your daughter in law - think it worked same way for all 3 of our boys.
Lol yes you are completely right. Sage advice. He’s approaching 29 yo and I just would love him to have someone special in his life.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, If you fit into neither category then in the words of Dave Allen " May your God go with you ". In the interest of political correctness I must point out other deities are available from all good outlets.

A young fresh face 6.0 leapt from my meter this morning. Hmmm

My gp practice has 2 resident pharmacists, In my opinion they like to think they are medical doctors........

Mrs J is full into Christmas decorations at the moment, if I don't move shortly I will be wrapped in tinsel and draped with baubles. I think it's time to move the endless chatter is moving towards hair cuts and beard trims......

Must go, have a great day, remembering make somebody smile it costs you nothing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked yesterday left here 11am got home 9:30pm starving had nothing to eat since breakfast... freezing cold last night the roads were slippery & icy...stopped at our local Tesco Express the only place open I was tired couldn't bear the prospect of cooking...bought a steak slice & some crumpets as solace for my difficult day...I'm not willing to reveal how many I ate but I have stashed the remainder (crumpets) in the freezer just to keep them out of sight...had cramp through much of last night so slept fretfully & intermittently...woke to a 6.2

Decent score considering you went over to the Dark Side, young Luke..

And on the bright side got there and back safely.
i make that a WIN.

Your father would be proud.
y692a.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.1 today

a moderately stressful day yesterday, I don't know why I get stressed feeding visitors, but I do :sorry: anyway, they ate every scrap I put in front of them :angelic:

A half baked bit of a cold is lurking this morning, A bit of a headache, a bit of a sore throat, a bit of a sniffle....you get the idea :hilarious: so I think a good strong coffee is in order.

I never used to drink coffee but mr gee has converted me :D

A quietish day at home seems to be in order because the next pallet of heat logs is expected tomorrow and mr gee mentioned starting the Christmas decorations today.

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chilly willie slippy slidey dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “I cannot believe that you just ate that” trotted out a raucous 5.8 this am with a “told you so” grin.

Today is Christmas cards for all the foreign shores residents in our little circle of family and friends. I get this job to do as Mrs Miggins uses it as a test of long term memory and pencil control. Best not dribble and hope that I pass the 30 second chair stand.

The dam holding back the glitter and glamour that are the Christmas decorations is beginning to crack and one or two items have already sneaked through; a large advent calendar full of tasty tit-bits that are not to my taste, a small tree thing on the kitchen windowsill and now one of those countdown to Christmas things as if we didn’t know and needed some visual reminder of how many more days it is until the pound shop closes for a day.

Meanwhile a padded envelope arrived over the weekend with a small personalized Christmas tree decoration declaring “My first Christmas” - only 11 days old and already she is being bombarded with planet destroying junk covered in preferred pronouns under the guise of “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” and those TV shopping channels full of amateur hypnotists banging on about how much your life will be improved with a combined inflatable back scratcher and ear wax remover that contains a handy rechargeable torch in easy monthly installments.

Have a wonderful day if you can, contemplate on the number of batteries that will be needed to power strings of LED lights in the next few weeks if you can’t. You did turn yours off before you packed them away in January didn’t you?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A fresh faced 5.6, here on the Richter scale, barely a wobble if i'm honest.
happy with that.

a little chink of light yesterday after 6 days of ever increasing bad news.

Young nephew, less sedated, seems aware of surroundings
aware of sounds at least, and has use of all limbs in very limited capacity at moment but
information is flowing however feebly to the extremities.

we're all putting it down to Elvis.:)

beautiful moment, young niece at brothers side, holding his hand, feeble response from him, but it was there.
after her 8th straight days vigil, a little moment to celebrate, told him she was off for a coffee, back in a minute.

gripped her a little tighter, ..shocked, she asked him if he wanted her to stay, a slight nod from him
was enough to have her shed tears..joyous ones, she's shed more the enough sad ones of late.

All just Praying we get THE xmas present we so badly desire.

Soaring hearts, tempered by the fact situation is still dire.
but however small it's still a win.

God willing more of that in the coming days.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a chilly willie slippy slidey dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “I cannot believe that you just ate that” trotted out a raucous 5.8 this am with a “told you so” grin.

Today is Christmas cards for all the foreign shores residents in our little circle of family and friends. I get this job to do as Mrs Miggins uses it as a test of long term memory and pencil control. Best not dribble and hope that I pass the 30 second chair stand.

The dam holding back the glitter and glamour that are the Christmas decorations is beginning to crack and one or two items have already sneaked through; a large advent calendar full of tasty tit-bits that are not to my taste, a small tree thing on the kitchen windowsill and now one of those countdown to Christmas things as if we didn’t know and needed some visual reminder of how many more days it is until the pound shop closes for a day.

Meanwhile a padded envelope arrived over the weekend with a small personalized Christmas tree decoration declaring “My first Christmas” - only 11 days old and already she is being bombarded with planet destroying junk covered in preferred pronouns under the guise of “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” and those TV shopping channels full of amateur hypnotists banging on about how much your life will be improved with a combined inflatable back scratcher and ear wax remover that contains a handy rechargeable torch in easy monthly installments.

Have a wonderful day if you can, contemplate on the number of batteries that will be needed to power strings of LED lights in the next few weeks if you can’t. You did turn yours off before you packed them away in January didn’t you?

Just ..hahahahaha

Man after me own heart..;)

Grinches Rule...:D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Fully in the spirit of the season then. I am just listening to carols with wall sized Thomas Kinkade paintings backdrop - must be worth several stars on my wallchart. Did just spit out my tea at the idea of froach - M and S has a new way of cooking eggs - naturally one just buys a pod! https://www.marksandspencer.com/set-of-2-froach-pods/p/p60265373 I have a sneaking suspicion some of these may wend their way unto P Villa ere long
4v2or1Wgr9y9jtC32k6Si47KO5OecDNn3y2Pf-xIMkoK1NuJ60LoqtBUK_sdwBzop0cvBkK-nAjiiNOE9XT0FCzCweZoeOBTKI9mbD-cdR57rAiRkHJWEHYdWCCBQmOpSUYgJiOk

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A fresh faced 5.6, here on the Richter scale, barely a wobble if i'm honest.
happy with that.

a little chink of light yesterday after 6 days of ever increasing bad news.

Young nephew, less sedated, seems aware of surroundings
aware of sounds at least, and has use of all limbs in very limited capacity at moment but
information is flowing however feebly to the extremities.

we're all putting it down to Elvis.:)

beautiful moment, young niece at brothers side, holding his hand, feeble response from him, but it was there.
after her 8th straight days vigil, a little moment to celebrate, told him she was off for a coffee, back in a minute.

gripped her a little tighter, ..shocked, she asked him if he wanted her to stay, a slight nod from him
was enough to have her shed tears..joyous ones, she's shed more the enough sad ones of late.

All just Praying we get THE xmas present we so badly desire.

Soaring hearts, tempered by the fact situation is still dire.
but however small it's still a win.

God willing more of that in the coming days.
oh such positive news - slowly slowly. Well done to your niece and well done Elvis (keep going Elvis).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fully in the spirit of the season then. I am just listening to carols with wall sized Thomas Kinkade paintings backdrop - must be worth several stars on my wallchart. Did just spit out my tea at the idea of froach - M and S has a new way of cooking eggs - naturally one just buys a pod! https://www.marksandspencer.com/set-of-2-froach-pods/p/p60265373 I have a sneaking suspicion some of these may wend their way unto P Villa ere long
I love Christmas but do prefer to give it at least another week before we are tinselled and glittered. Then it’s all hands to the pumps and can we have some grandchildren to help out.
Just looked at the froach pods as I though it was a reference to Leann Fraoch - heather beer - a wonderful brew that I can unfortunately no longer imbibe. I wondered if I should mention them to Mrs Miggins - they could be a real winner when cooking with the grandchildren.