1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I love Christmas but do prefer to give it at least another week before we are tinselled and glittered. Then it’s all hands to the pumps and can we have some grandchildren to help out.
    Just looked at the froach pods as I though it was a reference to Leann Fraoch - heather beer - a wonderful brew that I can unfortunately no longer imbibe. I wondered if I should mention them to Mrs Miggins - they could be a real winner when cooking with the grandchildren.

• Like Like x 8
  2. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

That sounds promising and very moving. Your niece must have been surprised and elated in equal measure. Thanks you for sharing such a moving moment and hope for more.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope that your review goes well ...I have mine tomorrow although I had my results over the phone 10 days ago .

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.4 this morning still in the wave of a carby weekend so not too bad :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

robutisson sugar free i use it all the the time x

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

thank you Ian.
    She was.
    and i too hope there's more to share in the coming weeks.
    please god.

best wishes to you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  7. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wonderful news.
    Continuing to send prayers out on every tide, accompanied by hugs.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It's almost beyond belief that anyone could have thought that this was OK to do. Words fail me.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@jjraak glad to hear about the glimmer of hope. Maybe all the prayers are doing what is intended. Oh and of course Elvis. PG there will be good news very soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Despicable.

and @SaskiaKC , @PenguinMum
    i thank you for your thoughts and prayers..definitely helped...xxx

Thank you all who hugged, liked or sent warmest wishes.
    really means a lot...love you all x

Now may all your days be the best you could wish for.
    :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I honestly wish I hadn’t opened that link.

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@jjraak I’ve only just started catching up with today’s posts. What wonderful news! Yes, it’s early days but it’s given hope to you all and that’s so important. The story of your niece holding her brother’s hand made my eyes well up. I’m so happy for you all at this bit of good news.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@PenguinMum I do exactly the same every year! Buy a couple of gifts in June then start to feel all smug that I’m being organised and realise mid Dec that I still have 90% still to buy.
    My son in law gets whisky and socks from us every birthday and Christmas, seems so dull but he says that’s all he wants. At least I know they’ll be used. I’m quietly excited for you re Grinch jumper origin.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I decided a slippery bike ride to my Health Centre was easier than defrosting my campervan so cycled there and went a very nice 2 hour ride afterwards to get rid of the frustration.

Thanks @jjraak and @mojo37 @ianpspurs and others for asking about the review. It was a strange affair, results two weeks ago HbA1c was 42, I was called to the health centre for a review, I thought about my HbA1c but apparently not, it was because my cholesterol which had risen from 6.2 to 6.3 and the they wanted me to take Statins, here we go again. So a rise of 0.1 with my good cholesterol rising 1.7 it's just unbelievable but I suspect the pharmasist was just doing his job. So after doing the useless qrisk I am told I have 24% chance of having some heart problem in the next 10 years, I said does it take into account 4 to 8 hours aerobic Mountain Biking a week and my diet and loss of weight, of course not so I will take my chances thank you very much. The pharmasist did comment on how well I had done to get prediobetic in a short time. I mentioned I had been following the enlightened Doc David Urwin and his healthcentre of course he had never heard of him, I explained the LCHF approach and he said oh yes a study had been done in Newcastle that suggests T2 can be be put into remission but he was sceptical, am I not proof I said but his eyes glazed over and I could see he was not interested.

Just out of interest the resident pharmasist is not the Lloyds Chemist attached to the centre but a Pharmasist working along side of the medical team.

@jjraak good to hear about the positive change in your nephews health. What a relief for you all.

Off for meal with friends at local pub, catch up later.

Edit .. typed quickly so apologise for mistakes worst being Wrong name should be Doc David Unwin

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  16. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

To: Bobs&Daisy @PenguinMum , Dennis @DJC3 , Marley @jjraak , Plumpy @HarryBeau , Popeye @gennepher , Sid @ Trixie @johnpol , and ohmyfur&whiskers I hope I haven't left anyone out!
    Re: Noisemakers

We had the Noisemaker going full blast here today. Fortunately my person woke me with the Early Warning System and then evacuated me to the Safe Zone while the noisemaker roared around. I came out to see it off once it had left my adjunct napping area, and watched while my person disemboweled it, gutted it, and then put it away in its cave. I hope she will make it stay in there until AFTER Christmas, when I will do my best to make sure it has plenty of "needles" to suck up.
    Sending purrs for peace and quiet ... ^. .^

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hi all, just had a phone call from my medical practice wanting me to attend for my annual diabetic check, this was due in September but I've been dodging it mainly due to work, and me being too much of a tightwad to have time off, anyway it's now been arranged for after I have broken up for Christmas, so all good there, but then whoever the jobsworth was on the phone said that if I didn't make this appointment they would withhold my prescription. I'm not the sort to throw my toys out of the pram but really.... and anyway if she was looking at my notes she would have realized I have been off any medication for about ten months.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. trick60

@jjraak , good to hear that news about your nephew.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh Trick its hopeless sometimes how poorly informed they are. I really dont know if its the computer alerts (@Muddy Cyclist had similar issue re cholesterel and statins) but it is a bit worrying. I am due a test etc in December but I am pondering whether best before or after Chrimbo o_O Fortunately my GP just lets me manage my Diabetes myself which does make life a bit simpler. Good luck with A1c.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. trick60

Hmm I think @OldButBold has started an itch I might have to scratch as well.....hot crispy buttery crumpets, so buttery the butter puddles on the plate, I really miss them, could it possibly be a cure for T2, I'm a willing volunteer for any trials.

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook