What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. @trick60 and @OldButBold there is no justice with this I am a livid 6.6 after a safe day of food with smaller portions than usual.
I am rushing out in a minute to pick up a friend and we are going to a Christmas Cookery Demo we have been going to for the past 10 years. I am no longer able to taste everything but it is a nice event.
Have a good Wednsday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.
Very foggy here so need to leave lots of time.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and thanks for the congrats all. @dunelm Happy Bin day. @Muddy Cyclist I didn’t know about Orion being used to measure light pollution, I’m going to count tonight. @gennepher lovely night sky photo with your amazing camera again
I woke to 6.1 (5.2 on CGM) which is faintly irritating after an hour in the gym with PT yesterday and fish for dinner ( turbot, wonderful but so expensive, won’t be repeating it too often)
@ianpspurs a day of remembrance for you. I’m sure he’d understand. He built the house for love of his wife and family and you are moving for love of yours.
I’m hoping to join the diabetes health walk at the Eden Project this morning. They run them every week as part of social prescribing, it’s not far from me and might meet some new chums.
Little Dennis barking furiously at those bin men again, as are the dogs next door and over the road. Wednesday is a noisy day in these parts.
Our recycling bin is getting out of hand - found it’s way, under the cover of darkness, out onto the pavement - unless it was Mrs Miggins last night but highly unlikely. Recycling Bin Tricky.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_2337.JPG
@dunelm keeping in seasonable tradition......

Oh no it's not!

Reactions: Rockman

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good National Bin Day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today could be the highlight of your week only if you don't let the political mess we are in or not in depending on your point of view upset you.
My neighbour finally got round to asking me had I seen his pet alligator, I didn't have the heart to tell him I sacrificed it at the sandwich alter.

Shock horror driven to the depths of depression this morning, feeling suicidal, my reading was 7.3, but then I did eat a lump of cheese, it was the size of Everest just before I staggered up the wooden hill to bed. ( Now for those of you that take everything I write literally, I am only joking, for me and me's with my medication and conditions any reading below 10 is good ).

Mrs J finally trapped me and forced me to have a hair cut and beard trim, hair is now a number 8 and the beard a number 1. Luckily I am still a card carrying member of the scruffy gits club.
What are your plans for today? Anything wild an exciting? I hope so. Remember to grow old disgracefully is an honour and privilege, enjoy it while you can.
Have a great day folks.

Ps Alligator tastes like muddy chicken

Reactions: UserABC2021

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
carried them for the short distance to open country then let dogs off and used them. Quite a few people combine the 2 activities around here
Now that's the sensible way to do it - not as I did it. I was walking along a country lane with a boisterous young Labrador on a lead. Poles, lead and boisterous Labrador - a recipe for disaster.

Re: the cycling accident: I think that I was very lucky and although I have been left with ongoing problems I did survive the accident - which I am so grateful for.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now that's the sensible way to do it - not as I did it. I was walking along a country lane with a boisterous young Labrador on a lead. Poles, lead and boisterous Labrador - a recipe for disaster.

Re: the cycling accident: I think that I was very lucky and although I have been left with ongoing problems I did survive the accident - which I am so grateful for.
I had the dubious pleasure of leading a Nordic walking pole group from Wales around Cannock Chase, I don't use poles myself unless hill walking when they help on the descents. I assumed quite wrongly that a Nordic pole walking group would want a good walk so planned 8 miles taking in Shugborough Hall for lunch. Three things I had not accounted for, 1. The noise from all those poles, hardly a quiet walk in the countryside. 2. They don't walk far, two miles in I was having to think how to shorten the walk. 3. This group and since then other groups I have encountered think they don't need to stop/move for others they act like an unstoppable marching army of ants.
Of course individuals don't do those things but groups are terrible!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for your ongoing problems from the accident, I have stopped riding on the roads, too scary. I can get on to the heathland and forest along bridleways from where I live so i am very fortunate.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
also interested to read about your Nordic Poles. I think mine are the same thing -- a neighbor has a pair for walking, and I ordered a pair.
Your walking poles look excellent quality and very robust. They look ideal for walking around.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for your ongoing problems from the accident, I have stopped riding on the roads, too scary. I can get on to the heathland and forest along bridleways from where I live so i am very fortunate.
I was too scared to ride on the roads after that. Your cycle rides on heathland and forest Bridleways sound really lovely - and much safer than the roads.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the dubious pleasure of leading a Nordic walking pole group from Wales around Cannock Chase, I don't use poles myself unless hill walking when they help on the descents. I assumed quite wrongly that a Nordic pole walking group would want a good walk so planned 8 miles taking in Shugborough Hall for lunch. Three things I had not accounted for, 1. The noise from all those poles, hardly a quiet walk in the countryside. 2. They don't walk far, two miles in I was having to think how to shorten the walk. 3. This group and since then other groups I have encountered think they don't need to stop/move for others they act like an unstoppable marching army of ants.
Of course individuals don't do those things but groups are terrible!
Never tried walking in groups - it sounds horrendous. I must admit that I ditched the poles as soon as I could walk unaided. Although I do think that they are an excellent aid for fitness - in my mind they were a symbol of my disability and my goal was to walk without them.

Also, in 2005 not that many people were using them and I got so many comments from people saying things like "don't you realise it's not snowing" I got quite fed up. I know it was because the movement pattern is similar to skiing but I still got fed up with it happening all the time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold enjoy your breakfast; @trick60 2 salad days are my preferred way to go but it seems you run better with cheese on toast; did anyone mention @DJC3 and her A1c yet? Morning @jjraak and hoping for continuing progress for your nephew. 5.2 showed on my meter and weight back under 74 kgs (gym has me 2.54 cms shorter than doctors so big change in bmi and new target of 72 kgs). Today in 1932 my dad was born in this village and in 2019 he lies with mum in thus village. Just pray he understands the reasons I am selling the home he built my mum. Not sure which side of Psalm 5 I fall on over that. Have great day - I'm giving thanks for Amazon prime video and hoping The Special One stops this habit of us conceding 2 goals per game. Enjoy your day I have some exercise to do to earn the right to my salad later.

Verse 11, I'd say.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late but here I am. Large discrepancy again with fbg. 5.0 from CGM and 6.1 from finger prick. I’d like to believe the first but after a late dinner of red meat last night I know it’s the latter one.
@SaskiaKC Dennis is with ZkC on the noisemaker and tries to see it off every time it appears, he is winning, it doesn’t appear as much as perhaps it should!
Just popped into my surgery for results - she wasn’t able to give me a print out ( it seems nobody has every asked before) but will get someone else to do it this week. She was able to tell me my HnA1c is 36 which is very cheering news as it was 40 last time. I feel motivated enough to resist the crumpet chat now (I think)
Just read your post - well done for the brilliant 36.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aren't they adorable! I have two Australian Bulldogs and they are ugly but cute. The snoring and snorting isn't as sweet.

I've never met an Australian Bulldog but one of my favorite dog novels is an Australian one, "Golden Dog," which has a Bulldog named Algy. It's by Mary Elwyn Patchett.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your walking poles look excellent quality and very robust. They look ideal for walking around.

I watched a YouTube video last night that illustrated the differences between Nordic poles and regular walking poles. It reminded me that I can remove the rubber tips from mine and use the graphite tips for walking off the pavement. I like that the tips are called paws. ^. .^ :)

Reactions: trick60