What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dried out the chicken and then dipped it into a mixture of beaten egg and cream first. Some garlic granules and a bit of smokey paprika in the crumbs - have fun.

I’m going to try it, sadly not tonight as intended though. I drove all the way into town battling Christmas traffic and horrendous rain. Spent £80 on stuff I didn’t intend to get but forgot the pork scratching! Doh!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must have had the wrong sort of upbringing for today's world because right now I am so angry I don't have enough sense to be scared. I'm blind to the threat that is the future. If I posted the cause it would appear laughable. But it has built up and built up and today was the straw that broke the camel's back and I am not wise enough, nor star-literate enough, to have a clue what is coming.

I thought about packing up my cat and guitar and going away to the little town for Christmas, but the only pet-friendly hotel there will be closed over Christmas and the rooms have neither fridges nor microwaves so even if I bought groceries at the shop around the corner on Christmas Eve, I would have no place to store them.

I just walked in my door with the plan to defy the sheer thoughtlessness of this place by decorating my place for Christmas, but I don't have the heart to do that. If this be treason against the Heavenly King I will just have beg forgiveness. I am old, and I am tired of this madness. As Auntie Mame sang, "I need a little Christmas" but I can't seem to get it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I liked Frasier, might have a rewatch over Christmas. My first wife (may the angels watch over me and keep me safe from that terror) was very like Lilith, and probably why she's an ex.

My father was a throat singer and it always amazed me. He did his best to teach me but would joke that the non-Tibetan part of my genes was trying to choke me ;) Thirty years on from that and I'm proficient enough.
Oh I too really love Frasier...all of them really...dont care how many times I see an episode it still makes me happy :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must have had the wrong sort of upbringing for today's world because right now I am so angry I don't have enough sense to be scared. I'm blind to the threat that is the future. If I posted the cause it would appear laughable. But it has built up and built up and today was the straw that broke the camel's back and I am not wise enough, nor star-literate enough, to have a clue what is coming.

I thought about packing up my cat and guitar and going away to the little town for Christmas, but the only pet-friendly hotel there will be closed over Christmas and the rooms have neither fridges nor microwaves so even if I bought groceries at the shop around the corner on Christmas Eve, I would have no place to store them.

I just walked in my door with the plan to defy the sheer thoughtlessness of this place by decorating my place for Christmas, but I don't have the heart to do that. If this be treason against the Heavenly King I will just have beg forgiveness. I am old, and I am tired of this madness. As Auntie Mame sang, "I need a little Christmas" but I can't seem to get it.
Oh no that is heartbreaking. I cant fathom why those folks can be so thoughtless..whatever happened to peace and goodwill to all men (and women obs). I hope you will find the strength to do even a scaled down version of what you wanted, if nothing else to not let them win. When I am really pushed hard unfairly I am always surprised the inner strength I have to defy. I am right behind you and the KC and wish you could magic carpet to us.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m going to try it, sadly not tonight as intended though. I drove all the way into town battling Christmas traffic and horrendous rain. Spent £80 on stuff I didn’t intend to get but forgot the pork scratching! Doh!

I know how you feel.
t4615.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no that is heartbreaking. I cant fathom why those folks can be so thoughtless..whatever happened to peace and goodwill to all men (and women obs). I hope you will find the strength to do even a scaled down version of what you wanted, if nothing else to not let them win. When I am really pushed hard unfairly I am always surprised the inner strength I have to defy. I am right behind you and the KC and wish you could magic carpet to us.

Thank you, Mother of Penguins. TBH I'm not sure you would want me around right now! :)
I've been sitting here wondering if it's just me -- if I'm overreacting.
If it weren't an insult to felines everywhere, I'd almost think our managers are all cats:

You-know-that-feeling-when-you-did-something-bad.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, Mother of Penguins. TBH I'm not sure you would want me around right now! :)
If it weren't an insult to felines everywhere, I'd almost think our managers are all cats:

If you could get here believe you me it would be just fine. The only thing I an think of is defy them, you and the KC do what you want anddont let them best you. I know easier said than done!

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you could get here believe you me it would be just fine. The only thing I an think of is defy them, you and the KC do what you want anddont let them best you. I know easier said than done!

Thank you. I wish we could visit.
I know quite a lot of people who live here and never participate in any of the programs or other activities put on for us, because they are so fed up with management that they have no desire to participate. I have several friendly acquaintances whom I see only at scheduled social gatherings, others I see everywhere BUT, and still others I see only occasionally in the elevator or at the local grocery store. So maybe it's not just me ...
Hug and purrs. :) ^. .^

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’m so sorry for all the stress and worry you’re having to deal with at the moment Saskia. It’s really terrible, especially at Christmas. However on a lighter note I love that cartoon, I can’t wait to show it to my daughter tomorrow. She has both a dog and a cat and will relate to it instantly.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so sorry for all the stress and worry you’re having to deal with at the moment Saskia. It’s really terrible, especially at Christmas. However on a lighter note I love that cartoon, I can’t wait to show it to my daughter tomorrow. She has both a dog and a cat and will relate to it instantly.

:D ^. .^

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another disgraceful 6.5 with no obvious reason this time. In better news my A1c came back at 36 up 3 but still happy.
@Muddy Cyclist wishing you all well for getting MIL into the best care home and learning your piece for Friday. @ianpspurs that FBG defo not fair for so little carbing. You have to wonder if you should gradually increase. I try to average 20 to 30g a day but I dont scientifically measure anything. But then my fbgs are usually high, its a very long time since I have been in McGarrett country., so dont listen to me!
@dunelm you made me laugh re your menu for Christmas day, are you sure you have enough wine for the 3 of you! @HarryBeau yesterday sounded hectic hope today is more relaxing and the furbabies dont demolish anything. I’m off to the hairdressers this morning and catching up with an old friend later. Eye clinic tomorrow.
Terrible heavy rain forecast everywhere over next few days so hope and pray you will all be safe and dry. Stay well, stay safe.
Brilliant a1c result PM. well done. Do you take any meds?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

g82003.gif

g38029.gif

g56002.gif

And a fairy to grant the wishes you need...

g33001.gif