What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit rushed .
Managed painting.
It is a bit rough. But it is A3 size.
I spent an hour on it.
Phone camera makes it a wee bit gaudy. Is a wee little more muted than this.
But doing this larger painting is relaxing and frees tension I feel. I am relaxed now for the long day ahead @Muddy Cyclist
Having a quick coffee, then on the road...
View attachment 37594

I need to read back later on this discussing/posts on low carb ....
Another success. I have no fixed ideas yet but a recent walking trip is formulating some images in my mind, just have to decide, winter or not.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice pics @Debandez...
But where's the bikini..:D

Good luck with the new year resolutions.
Under my quilt of a coat! Eric's speedos are a much better fit for him this year after his almost 2 stone weight loss, but again hidden under his winter coat. Your holiday looks amazing.

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.2 on the dice, reflects a carby and late supper, up and at em today, I managed to liberate my electric sander from my daughters house so I have two large oak beams to sand and oil for mantelshelves, the wife’s been waiting three years for me to get around to doing them, patience personified.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So here are my 1st day and 2cnd day of the year efforts 1 inspired by ironbridge yesterday, no snow, houses painted out and so lots of artistic license. 2 inspired by silver birch trees on Muddy Bike ride today but again no snow or frost.

Total time 40 mins. How did you get on @gennepher ?

My iPad camera dulled them they are a bit brighter, you will have to use your imagination....

View attachment 37574

View attachment 37575
Oh my word! (Taken aback by the talent and beauty before me) 40 minutes you say (sharp intake of breath) amazing.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely brilliant @Muddy Cyclist

I love both, but the silver birch is my favourite.

Here's my today's effort.
I painted it out my first attempt this morning with black, I didn't like the way it was going. So a black canvas and then white with a little viridian. Acrylics. 300gsm A3 paper. So second effort took me about an hour once the black background was dry. I used a bristle fan brush mostly, and a plastic picnic knife because I still cannot find my palette knives...
I like this idea because it gives me the illusion I can still paint in detail!
View attachment 37576
Absolutely brilliant. So much talent on this forum.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
missed your birthday but hope you had fun. I completely get your amazement at C&Ls growth spurt. I can almost see Dennis growing in real time.
Gosh what a tale with Dennis I was very tempted to give a hug but howled with laughter at your relief Dennis cannot climb the curtains & the great escapes...had a wonderful time at Christmas & my birthday just one more birthday lunch tomorrow with friends in London taking 'plumpy' with me...one of my friends is an ex-New Yorker now living n London her aunt comes over during Christmas time & they just love Harry...I sometimes think he is invited & I go along as his chauffeur;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 at 0800 woke late shaking from a terrible nightmare. It was because @Muddy Cyclist my T2 monster lurked big time yesterday resulting in 4 Purples from the Quality Street tub. Why did I go in to the boys area and why did I think it was ok. The monster said “look at all those Purples which used to be your favourite, now noone wanrs them”. Scoffed them fast just in case. They werent nice, too sweet and I felt terrible for being such an idiot. Have put a virtual no go, danger tape over the threshold. Sorry Purples, you’re on your own now.
@ianpspurs dont know what to say know you are disappointed, stay on the road, we will all walk with you and I am with you on Cream. @DJC3 you really made me laugh about your “Durrells in Cornwall” start to yesterday. That episode would have been “The New Year’s adventures of Dennis”. Glad all’s well that ends well. @gennepher you can do in an hour what I couldnt in a lifetime. When I used to help out with making Nativity cards with the littlies in the village hall we just drew a manger, baby, Mary, Joseph, an ox and a sheep and the kids would colour them in. They used to get me to draw the ox and sheep for the novelty value. @Krystyna23040 your story is amazing as are you. I completely get the joy of your tunaround, some achievement! @True Blue great start to today go get ‘em. @Muddy Cyclist enjoy the day with family.
Have a great Friday All. That came around fast. Stay well, stay safe. PG help Australia.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 6.1 this morning. Been busy doing computer stuff for new contact in Mexico, hence not being here. Doing a fast day today for no particular reason, just thought it was a good idea. Hope you're all having a great day ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anybody watching Tom Watson on the beeb
I was but I find him so irritating now...great success with his diabetes & weight loss journey however I feel he could do more to help halt the scourge of T2...I'd like to hear what treatment he was recommended...the approach to his T2 from his HCP's... it was more like an advert for his book...is that how he is going to help the 2 million T2's flogging it?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit rushed .
Managed painting.
It is a bit rough. But it is A3 size.
I spent an hour on it.
Phone camera makes it a wee bit gaudy. Is a wee little more muted than this.
But doing this larger painting is relaxing and frees tension I feel. I am relaxed now for the long day ahead @Muddy Cyclist
Having a quick coffee, then on the road...
View attachment 37594

I need to read back later on this discussing/posts on low carb ....
Love it, especially the contrast in colours. Looking forward to seeing more in the days to come.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, 6.1 this morning. Been busy doing computer stuff for new contact in Mexico, hence not being here. Doing a fast day today for no particular reason, just thought it was a good idea. Hope you're all having a great day ;)
Can you get crumpets in Mexico?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a bad sleep but feeling the effects of my carb fest over the last week or so... one more lunch with friends tomorrow then I can get back to normal whatever that is...had a major tidy yesterday my housekeeping sensibilities had lapsed during the holiday period it was the 'oh well it's Christmas' laissez-faire approach...now there's no excuse so I set to yesterday despite that there seems to be a collection of multi coloured mice & cat toys all over the house in addition to the teeny tiny mini cat biscuits they throw about with abandon...the joys of kitten hood (and they are a joy) watching them in full flight ATM wish I had a tenth of their energy...woke to a 6.6.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 at 0800 woke late shaking from a terrible nightmare. It was because @Muddy Cyclist my T2 monster lurked big time yesterday resulting in 4 Purples from the Quality Street tub. Why did I go in to the boys area and why did I think it was ok. The monster said “look at all those Purples which used to be your favourite, now noone wanrs them”. Scoffed them fast just in case. They werent nice, too sweet and I felt terrible for being such an idiot. Have put a virtual no go, danger tape over the threshold. Sorry Purples, you’re on your own now.
@ianpspurs dont know what to say know you are disappointed, stay on the road, we will all walk with you and I am with you on Cream. @DJC3 you really made me laugh about your “Durrells in Cornwall” start to yesterday. That episode would have been “The New Year’s adventures of Dennis”. Glad all’s well that ends well. @gennepher you can do in an hour what I couldnt in a lifetime. When I used to help out with making Nativity cards with the littlies in the village hall we just drew a manger, baby, Mary, Joseph, an ox and a sheep and the kids would colour them in. They used to get me to draw the ox and sheep for the novelty value. @Krystyna23040 your story is amazing as are you. I completely get the joy of your tunaround, some achievement! @True Blue great start to today go get ‘em. @Muddy Cyclist enjoy the day with family.
Have a great Friday All. That came around fast. Stay well, stay safe. PG help Australia.
Winner may seem odd but is appropriate for your concern for others, exemplified in the last 2 sentences. I think I may have enjoyed the purples (not as much as Celebrations/Heroes, as a family we went off QS long ago) as I haven't yet developed a too sweet dimension to my palate. Thanks for the offer of walking with me but I suspect I am on a road very much not taken.

Reactions: SaskiaKC