What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news about today’s results, dont envy you the check up with the camera though. You really have had a lot of stressful events this last year, house selling/buying, health, dogs, and if you’re anything like me when I am stressed I dont always recognise it for what it is. Also lovely as it is to be laying on celebration tomorrow that carries its own worry. I think when you get to your new pad and get a couple of pups it (bg) will all get a lot better.
Thanks PM. Working out how to eat LCHF is way more stressful for me than any of those but as someone else said about themselves, I'm a bit odd:angelic:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh a homemade cherry chocolate must have been divine, and very fiddly to make.

It was, both divine, and fiddly. :) I always was allowed to help make them, and I remember being promoted through various stages of helping as I grew up. The "hardest" part was resisting filching any -- we helpers were very closely monitored! :)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I broke my promise to myself and have gone from A5 to A4 for my 4th painting of the year and slow spent 1 hour instead of 30 mins, my excuse being it's a sketch that might work for my Seascape Commission which has been requested A1 size. I think I will have to make the sky a little more moody and the refelction in the damp sand more prominent to please them, we shall see...

I have included the photo they sent, too dark for a watercolour IMO, need to get the finished one between the painting and photo.

Yes, I know I have also turned it around but the view down Barmouth Beach is much better towards Harlech. :)

View attachment 37629

I love the view in the top one.
Can you scan their photo onto your computer and then edit to make it lighter to paint from?
(I don't know ... I have to do that sometimes when I take a pic with my phone and send it to my laptop. It's darker on my laptop so I sometimes have to lighten it before sharing it.)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gennepher do you have a shop called The Works near you. They sell books and artists materials and crafting bits and pieces and are very reasonably priced. I have never looked at the art range so dont know if its any good but just a thought!
Thanks @PenguinMum
I am meeting a friend next week at a clearance outlet. I think there is a Works there. I will have a look then, and see what their stuff is like.
Thanks again, I appreciate that.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay @SaskiaKC message me with your phone details eg is it Android. Or you can do screenshots from tablet (again is it Android or Apple) or you can do screenshots from your laptop.

Just message me and we will get there!

Thank you. I will be in touch. :)

Your acrylic painting is beautiful. It draws me in. Thank you for posting it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the view in the top one.
Can you scan their photo onto your computer and then edit to make it lighter to paint from?
(I don't know ... I have to do that sometimes when I take a pic with my phone and send it to my laptop. It's darker on my laptop so I sometimes have to lighten it before sharing it.)
I could @SaskiaKC but I don't really like the view on the photo. I know this area very well, every holiday as a child was there and there is some grand Mountain Bikeing and Walking in the area. The estuary Mawdach IMO is one of the prettiest in the country and MRS MC and I often cycle the length along a disussed railway line, Barmouth to Dolgellau and back. If the phorographer had taken the picture further down the beach the views are spectacular so I might find one of my old photos and use that. We also know a remote mountain farm where we park our VW camper when visiting and the views from there are also spectacular.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At 16.30 I was under a rug with two cats, one sleeping, one fidgety, and looking out at the dark pink sky through the tall Scots Pines and thinking of our fellow human beings and all the creatures in Australia. What is happening is such a tragedy. I have so much to be gtateful for.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting idea BUT either this WOE works or it doesn't regardless of the hitchhiker. A very pleasing letter arrived today just after I posted a reply to you. I had a "little local difficulty" aka haematuria (Nordic walking?) on Dec 5 which I followed up (hence month sitting on bum) Test on Dec 28th (pee in pot basically) came back today - no cancer cells :):):). Camera in the hon member for Fenland Jan 21st as 1st follow up since op. Have managed to move my treatment/follow up to Addenbrookes, Cambridge - much happier. Still think this WOE either works or it doesn't but there have been all sorts of odd chemicals in my body since August so maybe some disruption. We'll get this 90th for MIL over tomorrow, rearrange rooms to get ex bike back where I want it, access to weights and start again. May even go back to PT but not be quite so competitive.
Really great news about your results. Hope the follow up on Jan 21st goes well also.
Will be interesting to see - when the odd chemicals in your body since August are long gone - whether your numbers settle down.

It sounds like you have got a good exercise plan for the new year. I was thinking I might take all my coats of my exercise bike and perhaps start to use it again - especially if the weather is bad during January and February.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Really great news about your results. Hope the follow up on Jan 21st goes well also.
Will be interesting to see - when the odd chemicals in your body since August are long gone - whether your numbers settle down.

It sounds like you have got a good exercise plan for the new year. I was thinking I might take all my coats of my exercise bike and perhaps start to use it again - especially if the weather is bad during January and February.
With dog walking and joining in/demos you probably don't need exercise bike. I have had a celebratory avocado and mackerel salad (with chia and flax seeds - big fave). Time for me to lay low.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 after a late sleep. Probs need lc toast and fast!
I bought this half sugar marmalade in the “early weeks” but as I learned more it has never been opened and is now out of date. They have changed the jar to straight sides now so another reason to ignore it!

View attachment 37622

@DJC3 have you ever tried the Sea Dod choc by Montezuma ref in The Lime Barrel Appreciation Society, cant believe there is one.
@HarryBeau have a great day out with Plumpy hope you all have fun, I think Liv and the kittens will. @OldButBold there is no understanding why this happens, just need to go on your merry way. @gennepher another fab painting I can feel the cool among the trees.
@dunelm sounds like you and Mrs Dunelm need a quiet day.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Haven’t tried that Montezuma’s lime flavour. I wonder if it’s higher carb than the 100% ? I’m sure I’ve looked at them all ( longingly) I will certainly look again.
Re your marmalade, I had a lot of stuff I misguidedly bought in the early days too. We’ve come a long way!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was, both divine, and fiddly. :) I always was allowed to help make them, and I remember being promoted through various stages of helping as I grew up. The "hardest" part was resisting filching any -- we helpers were very closely monitored! :)

You must have been angels ( or very well trained) I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to resist. I love(d) chocolate cherries

Reactions: trick60

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC your mom’s cherry chocs must have been amazing and what lovely memories. Hope you find a way to eat for the new year that suits you. I always have Mr PM to bear in mind with food choices though we often eat either adapted meals or completely differently. But I never think we should over stress about it we can only do our best. As I said to the father of our thread today its so unpredictible and LC doesnt always equal the bg rewards we would like. Hope you and the KC are having a good day.

Reactions: geefull and trick60

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You must have been angels ( or very well trained) I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to resist. I love(d) chocolate cherries

I remember being bitterly disappointed the first time I tried to steal a bite of the chocolate. It was unsweetened cooking chocolate and tasted nothing like the semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels that Mama bought for baking chocolate-drop cookies at other times of the year! :inpain::lock::yuck: ;)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC your mom’s cherry chocs must have been amazing and what lovely memories. Hope you find a way to eat for the new year that suits you. I always have Mr PM to bear in mind with food choices though we often eat either adapted meals or completely differently. But I never think we should over stress about it we can only do our best. As I said to the father of our thread today its so unpredictible and LC doesnt always equal the bg rewards we would like. Hope you and the KC are having a good day.

Thank you. :)
She is happily asleep in her chair on "her" Christmas fleecy throw and I have just finished writing a Christmas thank-you note and am about to go out for a walk to the store. I want to buy bacon and sausages, and also some berries to put in yogurt that I hope will taste as good for breakfast as the oatmeal I've been eating for "heart health."

Like Santa Claus, the KittenCat is watching! :D

KC rug.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember being bitterly disappointed the first time I tried to steal a bite of the chocolate. It was unsweetened cooking chocolate and tasted nothing like the semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels that Mama bought for baking chocolate-drop cookies at other times of the year! :inpain::lock::yuck: ;)

Haha that reminds me of the first time I tasted the froth on top of my dads beer. It looked so lovely and creamy, I felt sure it would taste gorgeous. I really wasn’t prepared for the bitter dryness of it. I couldn’t understand how he could drink it.

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :)
She is happily asleep in her chair on "her" Christmas fleecy throw and I have just finished writing a Christmas thank-you note and am about to go out for a walk to the store. I want to buy bacon and sausages, and also some berries to put in yogurt that I hope will taste as good for breakfast as the oatmeal I've been eating for "heart health."

Like Santa Claus, the KittenCat is watching! :D

View attachment 37632
Hey good for the KC. Looks really cosy. It is difficult to know what to buy and cook after Christmas. I am always like that after any disruption. But I think we have to go forward as best we can.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I broke my promise to myself and have gone from A5 to A4 for my 4th painting of the year and slow spent 1 hour instead of 30 mins, my excuse being it's a sketch that might work for my Seascape Commission which has been requested A1 size. I think I will have to make the sky a little more moody and the refelction in the damp sand more prominent to please them, we shall see...

I have included the photo they sent, too dark for a watercolour IMO, need to get the finished one between the painting and photo.

Yes, I know I have also turned it around but the view down Barmouth Beach is much better towards Harlech. :)

View attachment 37629
Amazing @Muddy Cyclist
You are a brilliant watercolourist.
It is hard to do a watercolour from that photo.
I like your perspective for a painting rather than the perspective in the photo, yours involves the viewer more in the beach scene.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@DJC3 i used to love the lime barrel. Also the coffee cream,and the tangerine?orange? segment but the strawberry one was far too sweet and was always last in the box.
@PenguinMum stopped buying both quality street and roses a few years ago. Decided they were simply not nice any more.
04-01-2020
Breakfast CWC x2, but granola and then two eggs fried up into a kind of tortilla with last nights left over vegetables. Wished I had left out the veggies. Wasn't very nice and far too much so didn't finish it all.
Lunch. Fish soup, bowl of salad and slice of wickedly delicious and carb laden frangipane galette. 30g carbs. Sadly it triggered ( guilt induced?) Indigestion.
Dinner pork with onions celariac and cream. One piece of potato green beans and a few carrots. Greek yoghurt and red fruit with a dash of cream after. Two glasses of wine. Piece of cheese.
Am determined to regain some weight.
Bedtime tea and today did manage two remedial exercise sessions.
This post keeps reverting. Have changed dash if cream several times now

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 i used to love the lime barrel. Also the coffee cream,and the tangerine?orange? segment but the strawberry one was far too sweet and was always last in the box.
@PenguinMum stopped buying both quality street and roses a few years ago. Decided they were simply not nice any more.
04-01-2020
Breakfast CWC x2, but granola and then two eggs fried up into a kind of tortilla with last nights left over vegetables. Wished I had left out the veggies. Wasn't very nice and far too much so didn't finish it all.
Lunch. Fish soup, bowl of salad and slice of wickedly delicious and carb laden frangipane palette. 30g carbs. Sadly it triggered ( guilt induced?) Indigestion.
Dinner pork with onions celariac and cream. One piece of potato green beans and a few carrots. Greek yoghurt and red fruit with a dash if cream after. Two glasses of wine. Piece of cheese.
Am determined to regain some weight.
Bedtime tea and today did manage two exercise sessions.

Thank you for posting your meals.
I have gone back to putting cream in my coffee to see if it is more filling than the powdered nonfat creamer I'd started using. At least 'til my doc appointment in not quite 3 weeks.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Christmas trimmings coming down today. Sigh...another year over.

FBG 7.3 mmo/lt at 0600. Only one actual carb food yesterday, a Ryvita with some cheese. Of course carbs were also in some peanuts and tomatoes, but I'm playing a long game so it's LCHF, not nil C HF. My foodee thing is to have proper black ground coffee at breakfast plus eggs etc., protein/salad lunch and an evening meal cooked with basic ingredients, no tins or packets except one does need tinned Italian tomatoes some days.

Have a great day.