1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Thanks PM. Working out how to eat LCHF is way more stressful for me than any of those but as someone else said about themselves, I'm a bit odd:angelic:

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #15261 ianpspurs, Jan 4, 2020 at 2:32 PM
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

It was, both divine, and fiddly. :) I always was allowed to help make them, and I remember being promoted through various stages of helping as I grew up. The "hardest" part was resisting filching any -- we helpers were very closely monitored! :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I love the view in the top one.
    Can you scan their photo onto your computer and then edit to make it lighter to paint from?
    (I don't know ... I have to do that sometimes when I take a pic with my phone and send it to my laptop. It's darker on my laptop so I sometimes have to lighten it before sharing it.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @PenguinMum
    I am meeting a friend next week at a clearance outlet. I think there is a Works there. I will have a look then, and see what their stuff is like.
    Thanks again, I appreciate that.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you. I will be in touch. :)

Your acrylic painting is beautiful. It draws me in. Thank you for posting it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I could @SaskiaKC but I don't really like the view on the photo. I know this area very well, every holiday as a child was there and there is some grand Mountain Bikeing and Walking in the area. The estuary Mawdach IMO is one of the prettiest in the country and MRS MC and I often cycle the length along a disussed railway line, Barmouth to Dolgellau and back. If the phorographer had taken the picture further down the beach the views are spectacular so I might find one of my old photos and use that. We also know a remote mountain farm where we park our VW camper when visiting and the views from there are also spectacular.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

At 16.30 I was under a rug with two cats, one sleeping, one fidgety, and looking out at the dark pink sky through the tall Scots Pines and thinking of our fellow human beings and all the creatures in Australia. What is happening is such a tragedy. I have so much to be gtateful for.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Really great news about your results. Hope the follow up on Jan 21st goes well also.
    Will be interesting to see - when the odd chemicals in your body since August are long gone - whether your numbers settle down.

It sounds like you have got a good exercise plan for the new year. I was thinking I might take all my coats of my exercise bike and perhaps start to use it again - especially if the weather is bad during January and February.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

With dog walking and joining in/demos you probably don't need exercise bike. I have had a celebratory avocado and mackerel salad (with chia and flax seeds - big fave). Time for me to lay low.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Haven’t tried that Montezuma’s lime flavour. I wonder if it’s higher carb than the 100% ? I’m sure I’ve looked at them all ( longingly) I will certainly look again.
    Re your marmalade, I had a lot of stuff I misguidedly bought in the early days too. We’ve come a long way!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

You must have been angels ( or very well trained) I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to resist. I love(d) chocolate cherries

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. PenguinMum

@SaskiaKC your mom’s cherry chocs must have been amazing and what lovely memories. Hope you find a way to eat for the new year that suits you. I always have Mr PM to bear in mind with food choices though we often eat either adapted meals or completely differently. But I never think we should over stress about it we can only do our best. As I said to the father of our thread today its so unpredictible and LC doesnt always equal the bg rewards we would like. Hope you and the KC are having a good day.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  13. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I remember being bitterly disappointed the first time I tried to steal a bite of the chocolate. It was unsweetened cooking chocolate and tasted nothing like the semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels that Mama bought for baking chocolate-drop cookies at other times of the year! :inpain::lock::yuck: ;)

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you. :)
    She is happily asleep in her chair on "her" Christmas fleecy throw and I have just finished writing a Christmas thank-you note and am about to go out for a walk to the store. I want to buy bacon and sausages, and also some berries to put in yogurt that I hope will taste as good for breakfast as the oatmeal I've been eating for "heart health."

Like Santa Claus, the KittenCat is watching! :D

KC rug.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Haha that reminds me of the first time I tasted the froth on top of my dads beer. It looked so lovely and creamy, I felt sure it would taste gorgeous. I really wasn’t prepared for the bitter dryness of it. I couldn’t understand how he could drink it.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PenguinMum

Hey good for the KC. Looks really cosy. It is difficult to know what to buy and cook after Christmas. I am always like that after any disruption. But I think we have to go forward as best we can.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Amazing @Muddy Cyclist
    You are a brilliant watercolourist.
    It is hard to do a watercolour from that photo.
    I like your perspective for a painting rather than the perspective in the photo, yours involves the viewer more in the beach scene.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@DJC3 i used to love the lime barrel. Also the coffee cream,and the tangerine?orange? segment but the strawberry one was far too sweet and was always last in the box.
    @PenguinMum stopped buying both quality street and roses a few years ago. Decided they were simply not nice any more.
    04-01-2020
    Breakfast CWC x2, but granola and then two eggs fried up into a kind of tortilla with last nights left over vegetables. Wished I had left out the veggies. Wasn't very nice and far too much so didn't finish it all.
    Lunch. Fish soup, bowl of salad and slice of wickedly delicious and carb laden frangipane galette. 30g carbs. Sadly it triggered ( guilt induced?) Indigestion.
    Dinner pork with onions celariac and cream. One piece of potato green beans and a few carrots. Greek yoghurt and red fruit with a dash of cream after. Two glasses of wine. Piece of cheese.
    Am determined to regain some weight.
    Bedtime tea and today did manage two remedial exercise sessions.
    This post keeps reverting. Have changed dash if cream several times now

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #15278 SlimLizzy, Jan 4, 2020 at 10:55 PM
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  19. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you for posting your meals.
    I have gone back to putting cream in my coffee to see if it is more filling than the powdered nonfat creamer I'd started using. At least 'til my doc appointment in not quite 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  20. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. Christmas trimmings coming down today. Sigh...another year over.

FBG 7.3 mmo/lt at 0600. Only one actual carb food yesterday, a Ryvita with some cheese. Of course carbs were also in some peanuts and tomatoes, but I'm playing a long game so it's LCHF, not nil C HF. My foodee thing is to have proper black ground coffee at breakfast plus eggs etc., protein/salad lunch and an evening meal cooked with basic ingredients, no tins or packets except one does need tinned Italian tomatoes some days.

Have a great day.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook