What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got the all clear again today! Scan showed no sign of metastasis so I have another 6 months of waking up happy every day and grateful to be alive. Can’t tell you how that feels but thank you so much for all the support and good luck messages you smashing people have given me. Off to do a bit of celebrating now ( glass of red and some cheese rock n roll!)
@DJC3 Really really good news.

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 and @Goacher55 partying late into the night and on 'til dawn --

s0515.gif
s0515.gif

s0539.gif

... and the whole thread joins the party --

h07104.gif

h07102.gif

h07115.gif

h07114.gif

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A celebratory 5.0 this morning.
Thanks for your good wishes too @Krystyna23040 and @SaskiaKC I love the little animated party!
Not sure what the plan is today, really ought to do a bit more packing up of this house, there will be more estate agent led viewings in the next few weeks but we still have a fair bit of stuff left in cupboards etc, it’s not quite ready for ‘vacant possession’ . In reality I’ll probably go to the shops and buy myself a new jumper from M&S I’ve been very restrained recently but feel a little treat is in order.

Reactions: karen8967

Winnie-the-Pooh

Well I got the all clear again today! Scan showed no sign of metastasis so I have another 6 months of waking up happy every day and grateful to be alive. Can’t tell you how that feels but thank you so much for all the support and good luck messages you smashing people have given me. Off to do a bit of celebrating now ( glass of red and some cheese rock n roll!)

I’m so happy about the news ! Enjoy the celebration!

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Was in Waitrose yesterday a.m. collecting my super new JLP duvet. Looked at the beautiful bread rolls and had to buy two Mixed Olive Ciabatta. Had one for lunch with Milano salami, cooked ham, tomato. Lovely but ooops, carb sins!

Slept under the new goose and duck down marvel, so cosy and toasty. Tested FBG 6.6 mmo/lt at 0600, not bad after all.

Score two wins for the John Lewis Partnership. Have a great day.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Dracula food question :

We watched the new Dracula over the weekend and it was so scary and nice( highly recommend). I told bf, he is bigger so vampires will eat him first , which gives me time to run . But he said since I have high blood sugar , I’m so “sweet” so vampires will prefer to eat me first What do you think ?

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dracula food question :

We watched the new Dracula over the weekend and it was so scary and nice( highly recommend). I told bf, he is bigger so vampires will eat him first , which gives me time to run . But he said since I have high blood sugar , I’m so “sweet” so vampires will prefer to eat me first What do you think ?

was this the new tv series..?

if so watched last night.
a nice new twist on a old story, quite enjoyed it, not my usual TV choice but rather well done i thought.

as for the running away AND tasting sweeter...mmhh.

both have merit, i suppose..but my monies on you getting away first
every film has victims running away, and as a lighter and fitter T2, you'll have a head start on him
and what good vampire gives up on an easy meal...;)
(and while he's not T2, he could be even sweeter then you, just not know it just yet, like many of us were many years before DX, sadly )

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. A celebratory 5.0 this morning.
Thanks for your good wishes too @Krystyna23040 and @SaskiaKC I love the little animated party!
Not sure what the plan is today, really ought to do a bit more packing up of this house, there will be more estate agent led viewings in the next few weeks but we still have a fair bit of stuff left in cupboards etc, it’s not quite ready for ‘vacant possession’ . In reality I’ll probably go to the shops and buy myself a new jumper from M&S I’ve been very restrained recently but feel a little treat is in order.

and a well deserved wave for you.
Massive congratulations & best wishes for many more to come x

(yeah, you KNOW what's coming right...:D )

hit it danno....:headphone:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7 at 4 am.

Done my daily painting challenge to myself.

362784AB-3905-47C3-B084-3BC9662F85B6.jpeg

3 shaving brushes, one rigger brush, and one fan brush used to paint this.
Acrylic paints, but they were all left overs when I squeezed too much paint out (they were still usable a few days later) and I put them in a sealed container. So this was odds and ends of left over paints.
Again like yesterday on an A4 pad, but I still find it a small size for acrylics and freedom of expression. A4 would be fine for watercolours I think.
I am back in bed with cat. It is too flipping cold today. So warming up and a nap before I embrace the day again....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, seems so dark today, but sun promised and granddaughter day so off out doing silly stuff.

A 5.6 for me this morning.

@gennepher another early painting success, agree with you about paper size and acrylics, you did well to keep your left over acrylics useable mine always harden.

So off to prepare for youngest family members arrival, 4 years and a bundle of inquisitiveness, questions, energy and imagination.

Use and Drain your day of every possible minute it offers you.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha thanks @jjraak that made a good morning even better!
@Winnie-the-Pooh thanks to you as well, and in response to your Dracula question and having seen another post by you about your super red rain boots making you feel fast and hyperactive, I’d suggest you put them on and you’d definitely escape first!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. It's cold and wet here in the East.

Have been let off the doggie walk today. Husband is taking my my car to the garage to get the handbrake changed and will walk the dogs back.

I must admit that it is lovely to sit here with my coffee and catch up with the thread as this week has been really hard work so far.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.2 on the dice reflecting the pie and veg mountain I ate for tea, in other news it's Friday, the end of possibly the longest week I've had at work.
Have a lovely day all and an even better weekend.
An illustration that time is not constant.