What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.1 at 4 am

I still don't know why this is high.
But I have gone back to eating my nuts first thing because I know that will/should lower this figure. I need protein first thing to lower fbg. But I cannot stomach animal protein until later in the day. So it might be eggs around midday. And that might be my last meal. I need to do a few days, again, where I am checking my blood sugars at various intervals. Maybe in a few days...

Done my daily painting challenge to myself...
View attachment 37807

oohh..nice :happy:

oh to be so talented.:sorry:

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Just about to go doggie walking - it still looks quite dark.

Am having eye injection this afternoon. Really strange because I haven't actually thought about it at all or stressed out, which is probably why fbs is good.

Was a wild night coming home from work last night. Am so pleased that husband is picking me up from work tonight as it is going to be even wilder tonight.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
absolutely agree.

see the Canadians are starting to question the wisdom of them landing on their doorstep
The cost of protecting them is eye watering jjraak...clearly they hadn't given it any thought before making their announcement...for me it's simple if they want to 'step back' do but support yourselves if you want public funds do your 'job'...I have no doubt they will be fine wherever they land and there will be no shortage of funds...now lets get back to more important issues like real life.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Am having eye injection this afternoon. Really strange because I haven't actually thought about it at all or stressed out, which is probably why fbs is good.

Was a wild night coming home from work last night. Am so pleased that husband is picking me up from work tonight as it is going to be even wilder tonight.

best wishes for the day...x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Enjoy the dog walk. Best wishes for the eye injection and hope you and Mr K23040 have a safe and totally non eventful journey home later.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The cost of protecting them is eye watering jjraak...clearly they hadn't given it any thought before making their announcement...*

for me it's simple if they want to 'step back' do
But support yourselves if you want public funds do your 'job'...

I have no doubt they will be fine wherever they land and there will be no shortage of funds...now lets get back to more important issues like real life.

work... as in fergie...hahaha..(been watching the Windsors..Harry Enfield, Camilla, Pippa, and Fergies girls...:hilarious:)

*or asked the Canadians..Justin looks very put out

queen folded rather easily..mmhh

Doubt we've heard the end of this.
all smacks of Edward, i fear :sorry:

but so right.
on with real life

Hows the Krazy Kittens, doing today.......;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from an increasingly breezy dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of chicken livers and bacon and a big spoon of inulin came in at 4.1 this a.m. Mr liver then woke up and kicked it up to 4.5.

I had to google my birth-day - Tuesday. Tuesday then, although I can run through all the other days during the course of just a few hours depending upon what buttons are being influenced, as probably do we all. I strive for sanguine. @gennepher - thanks for posting the Ted Talk, useful stuff.
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist - wonderful art - the programme Vision On has just jumped out and smacked the inside of my head.@Krystyna23040 , all the best for the eye injection - don’t forget to breath.
Koffy calls.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, quiet before the storm here and a 6.2 delivered to me, must stop snacking before bedtime, 1.30 am this morning so not long enough fasts.

@gennepher another lovely piece of art, so tranquil. Hugs for the BG readings.

@jjraak on @SaskiaKC suggestion of creating a musical masterpiece, you have the talent to write the words, I'll cobble together the music. @SaskiaKC you find the room, someplace warm with wonderful views and copious alcohol.

@Krystyna23040 positive thoughts and hugs for you on this difficult day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
off topic

but fascinating stuff.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51099609

Measuring how many of the new elements are present tells scientists how long the grain was exposed to cosmic rays. This in turn informs them how old it is.

Some of the pre-solar grains turned out to be the oldest ever discovered.

Based on how many cosmic rays had interacted with the grains, most had to be 4.6-4.9 billion years old. For comparison, the Sun is 4.6 billion years old and the Earth is 4.5 billion.

However, the oldest yielded a date of around 7.5 billion years old.

7.5 BILLION Years..:woot:

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 because of spoons of peanut butter before bed. I dont know why either! @gennepher what a calming picture today @Muddy Cyclist your wave reminds me of the North Cornish coast. Thank you both. @Krystyna23040 good luck with the eye injection. I finished the latest course before Christmas and will be scanned in March. @ianpspurs I would find the DD recipe measurements very annoying also. If you quarter an avo what are you meant to do with the remainder. I hate food waste. You are a saint! Re tricks to get to sleep I really enjoyed watching Shaun the Sheep: Farmagedon, if you havent seen it you must. Its fabulously funny.
For anyone interested I was born on a Tuesday.
Have a good Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Saskia, that’s a lovely thing to say.
Do you know the rhyme ‘Monday’s child is fair of face’ ? I was Wednesday’s child - apparently ‘full of woe’ so I’ve made a conscious effort ( not always successful) since I first heard it, not to appear woeful! It annoyed me intensely as a child for some reason.
I am a Wednesdays child and it also annoyed me intensely as a child.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.8 because of spoons of peanut butter before bed. I dont know why either! @gennepher what a calming picture today @Muddy Cyclist your wave reminds me of the North Cornish coast. Thank you both. @Krystyna23040 good luck with the eye injection. I finished the latest course before Christmas and will be scanned in March. @ianpspurs I would find the DD recipe measurements very annoying also. If you quarter an avo what are you meant to do with the remainder. I hate food waste. You are a saint! Re tricks to get to sleep I really enjoyed watching Shaun the Sheep: Farmagedon, if you havent seen it you must. Its fabulously funny.

Good Morning Tuesday's child!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hows the Krazy Kittens, doing today.......
They are doing the usual activity disrupting the household but are steering a clear path as I am irritated...sat here smugly waiting for my online shopping delivery so I can concentrate on my tax returns...receive an email with substitutions like for like...then I notice several boxes of Kitten Food have been substituted for Adult cat food...which means I now have to get ready leave my tax returns & go buy some kitten food...the first time I have tried Asda's doubt I will be using them again...called their customer services which go through to the Philippines had to insist I speak to a UK call centre...finally after 15 minutes did get through to customer services in the UK...they did get a rocket...they have taken up my time & diverted me from a very important task...furious!

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning, quiet before the storm here and a 6.2 delivered to me, must stop snacking before bedtime, 1.30 am this morning so not long enough fasts.

@gennepher another lovely piece of art, so tranquil. Hugs for the BG readings.

@jjraak on @SaskiaKC suggestion of creating a musical masterpiece, you have the talent to write the words, I'll cobble together the music. @SaskiaKC you find the room, someplace warm with wonderful views and copious alcohol.

@Krystyna23040 positive thoughts and hugs for you on this difficult day.

You had me at "Copious amounts of alcohol"..where do i sign up..:D

been working on it..
hows this sound..
(slow old blues stylee...john lee hooker, muddy waters, et all)

"Woke up this morning.
Bg's in my head..

left the kit in the kitchen,
so i slipped out of bed...

cos i'm a pricker, yeah yeah yeah yeah
cos i'm a a pricker, doo doo doo doo
(Sax right here..bass drum beat )

make it to the kitchen
checked out the meter

stabbed my finger
didn't hurt none either

cos i'm a pricker, yeah yeah yeah yeah
cos i'm a a pricker, doo doo doo doo
(Sax right here..bass drum beat )

the blood it flowed
my meter posed

i gave a cry
.....it's 5.5...(more sax here..)

cos i'm a pricker..etc "

:D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just relax and enjoy the peanut butter, your A1c is fine. No saint but I think the 1/4 avo etc points to using lots of frozen food as weights are crazy and not amenable to standard uk portions. Bog standard Waitrose sirloin is 200 gms. What use is the extra 56 gms? Butchers went apoplectic when I asked for 113 gms mince and 144 gms sirloin. More chance of working if Julie's advice for diverticulitis wasn't to avoid fat as much as possible and whack in the fibre.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
queen folded rather easily..mmhh
Amazing jjraak there was a news report in the background as I was replying to your other comments...distinctly heard they (sussexes) receive 'a very modest income of a couple of million pounds)… had to switch off the news at that point!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just relax and enjoy the peanut butter, your A1c is fine. No saint but I think the 1/4 avo etc points to using lots of frozen food as weights are crazy and not amenable to standard uk portions. Bog standard Waitrose sirloin is 200 gms. What use is the extra 56 gms? Butchers went apoplectic when I asked for 113 gms mince and 144 gms sirloin. More chance of working if Julie's advice for diverticulitis wasn't to avoid fat as much as possible and whack in the fibre.
Well I just couldnt do that...I would have to round up on the mince and would have the 200g steak. It clearly is very tricky on so many levels. So that makes you a saint and me a sinner.:angelic:

Reactions: SaskiaKC and jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing jjraak there was a news report in the background as I was replying to your other comments...distinctly heard they (sussexes) receive 'a very modest income of a couple of million pounds)… had to switch off the news at that point!
They put the Queen in an impossible position and I suspect they wont be both satisfied with their new lives either. All that travel goes against everything they preach, not to mention the financing. I think this story will roll on for a long time.