What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. Noswaith dda. I'm back from Wales, all well, FBG 6.3 and 6.8, Friday and Saturday, not bad given the family and journey stress. Off grid in Mother's home.

Great article about T2 diabetes in The Times today. Among other findings , Prof. Roy Taylor at Newcastle University has found that for those of us who became diabetic while becoming "large", the striking statistic for possible remission is a 15kg weight loss plus a relatively short time period as an actual diabetic.

Hopefully this will link will work, else you will have to Google.:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ger-by-britains-top-diabetes-expert-sztghr2wz

Nos da.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. Noswaith dda. I'm back from Wales, all well, FBG 6.3 and 6.8, Friday and Saturday, not bad given the family and journey stress. Off grid in Mother's home.

Great article about T2 diabetes in The Times today. Among other findings , Prof. Roy Taylor at Newcastle University has found that for those of us who became diabetic while becoming "large", the striking statistic for possible remission is a 15kg weight loss plus a relatively short time period as an actual diabetic.

Hopefully this will link will work, else you will have to Google.:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ger-by-britains-top-diabetes-expert-sztghr2wz

Nos da.

link works..but sadly subscription required to read it...:sorry:

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How wonderful. So glad it worked for you and you realised your dream.

Similar story for me only I left NS&I after 30 years after successfully applying for voluntary redundancy. I never looked back. Scary times leaving. I felt after being there for 30 years institutionalised. Would anyone want me working for them. I was offered 3 jobs in 1st week.

Re your high bs. When I was poorly before xmas and hardly eating my readings were shocking! Here is a graph of one of my worst days. Zilch to eat. Tried to go to retake that show with pre meal, but couldnt stomache it. Came back home without eating a mouthful. Hope you feel better soon.
That was rather scary - taking voluntary redundancy after 30 years. Really great though that it turned out so well.

The graph of your readings when you were ill were surprising shocking - especially when you compare them to your normal readings which are always so good. Thank you for posting the graph. It was interesting to see just how much illness affects blood sugars.

Am feeling a bit better today - although the lurgy is still lingering on and blood sugars are still running higher than normal.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4:15 am.

Painted in acrylics this morning.

I spent an hour on this, then I stopped because I would have gone on messing with it.
It needs something else... I have ideas, but I am leaving it as it is, because it a suitable for me to put into photo software and create something using it as a base...which I will probably do at some point...

9A55D8EC-284D-4B52-85DE-D2D658676495.jpeg

Have a good Sunday...I was going to say Saturday...!!!
Take care...
Have fun...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Several rooms in our abode need painting, I wonder if any of our excellent painters would feel inclined ( up or down hill ) to splash a bit of Dulux, Crown etc over our walls, Mrs J is very caustic over my painting skills ( none ). Low carb tea and or koffy could be provided.
Again a 7. 5 this morning, Me and me's must stop late night snacking on cheese.
Well folks and I hope you all are. What ever your plans are for today, remember trying to act your age is as sensible as trying to act your house number, if you don't have a house number the world is your oyster hehehehe.
Would those artists amongst you please post some more of your work, it's rather good.
I must now go chaos and mayhem are calling.
Footnote
A couple of HRH titles are up for grabs.....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of cream cheese and pate filled ham rolls and an early morning mug of Sencha Fukujyu Japanese green tea rolled out a 4.4 this a.m.
A very busy day day today trying to persuade my right hip to stop banging on about what is just fair wear and tear; a forced march along beach and the esplanade in search of the Snark (for the Snark was a Boojum you see) might actually make it a bit happier: you can hunt a Snark with thimbles, you may hunt it with forks and hope; you may threaten its life with a railway-share; or charm it with smiles and soap.
Meanwhile, some quick thinking Co-dydramol laced koffy and a bit of dashing about may assuage the protesting joint.

Have a great day if you can., where’s that koffy.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each. Mild frost (very rare this winter, may be 2nd) in The Fens but England on fire in Port Elizabeth as I type - stumps flying all over:) Fbg of 5.2 = so, so. Sleep score >80 x 2 in last 4 days and 50% last 8 days >7 hrs sleep = some kinda record. Either ill or MCT/bulletproof tea is the future. @Krystyna23040 hope lurgy improves. @Cumberland glad you are still reading threads and will be overjoyed to see you back posting. @johnpol hope op went well and recovery going as well as possible. Full agenda here, cricket, posh chicken ) air fried on rotisserie), maybe rugby and defo NFL Henry and Mahomes have superpowers:) Have a good day.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Mirning and 6.3 for me this cold and frosty morning, too many Onion Barges at my sons last night, home made Indian Meal yet again, but good.

Music music, music today, Sod's law, its such a lovely day for a frosty bike ride, but no time.

Use your Sunday well each and every one.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez & @ianpspurs the lurgy is a lot better this morning. I feel much more my usual self - and not surprising fbs are 5.0 this morning.

We were not sure where to go today as it is so wet underfoot everywhere - so have decided to go to Cromer. Haven't been there for years and years. We want to check out the Cliftonville Hotel as a possible place to spend Christmas next year and hopefully the coastal path is not too muddy. If it is it will be nice to just wander around the town.

A bit cold here in the East so will need to wrap up warm.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez & @ianpspurs the lurgy is a lot better this morning. I feel much more my usual self - and not surprising fbs are 5.0 this morning.

We were not sure where to go today as it is so wet underfoot everywhere - so have decided to go to Cromer. Haven't been there for years and years. We want to check out the Cliftonville Hotel as a possible place to spend Christmas next year and hopefully the coastal path is not too muddy. If it is it will be nice to just wander around the town.

A bit cold here in the East so will need to wrap up warm.
Glad lurgy seems to be under manners. We like Cromer but may need to seek out Suffolk places to be loyal - Southwold is too obvious but seems like an East Anglian Padstow to me. Mildenhall Cricket club (from memory very pretty ground) and Bury St Edmunds RFU seem like 2 places I need to spend time, Don't forget to take the chocky:angelic:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if any of our excellent painters would feel inclined ( up or down hill ) to splash a bit of Dulux, Crown etc over our walls
Splash sounds good, Jackson Pollock Style? I'm up for it.

@gennepher good piece of art, reminded me of The Dark Hedges in Ireland, be interesting to see what you do with it in the future.

I did a quick sketch yesterday in colour pencils whilst being entertained by Granddaughters at my sons, just did not have time to post it. But here it is.......
IMG_2494.JPG

Used kids pencils which don't blend very well.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Beautiful frosty morning here. Sky at sundown yesterday was that beautiful hue of pale blue and pink. Today’s number is 5.8 so heading in the right direction. Not sure what today brings chez moi waiting for son no 1 to return from o/n in the metropolis. The change in the weather is making me think about outside jobs. We have had so much wet and mild weather there is a green carpet of moss advancing with speed on the tarmac, its even embedded in the back step mat. But I need perfect dry conditions to spray and then rain within days and its all still too wet.
@OldButBold cheese and wine parties are the height of sophistication sounds like a good night. @Krystyna23040 hope you feel better. @dunelm hope the joints improve. @johnpol hope you are recovering well. Hello to @Cumberland did I miss you, hope you are good. @ianpspurs enjoy your day of sport and posh chicken. Dancing on Ice and lamb chump for me later, suspect neither favourites of yours.
Hav a great Sunday all. Stay well, stay safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Splash sounds good, Jackson Pollock Style? I'm up for it.

@gennepher good piece of art, reminded me of The Dark Hedges in Ireland, be interesting to see what you do with it in the future.

I did a quick sketch yesterday in colour pencils whilst being entertained by Granddaughters at my sons, just did not have time to post it. But here it is.......
View attachment 37918

Used kids pencils which don't blend very well.

Thanks @Muddy Cyclist

That is a good little sketch. I like it. I do use kids paint sticks sometimes!