What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very happy with 4.8 this morning.

Just ordered a huge bundle of Montezuma 100% chocolate this morning. Together with coffee Montezuma chocolate is becoming something I absolutely do not want to run out of.

Off doggie walking shortly. Still quite dark outside.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No I paid for the meter but I has problems with the website and when Imphoned them they sorted out removing the VAT for me. Just checked my bg before bed and it is 4.7 so happy with that.
Maybe the relief of having ‘done something’ is helping, I do hope so, and long may it last.
I often have trouble with the website too actually and I tend to just ring them now if I want to reorder.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 at 07.30 which was not what I expected after 4.7 before bed which was 2.5 hrs after a lamb chop fried with mushrooms. I wonder what is happening to my Dawn Phenominum to make it go so high. Maybe I cant trust any of those numbers. For several days now I have eaten well below 20g yesterday hardly any carbs at all. Its a mystery.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and a 4.8 for me. Very happy with that.
Hope you had a quiet intruder free night @gennepher
@Saskia glad your health check went well. My middle daughter who is training to be a mental health nurse told me about the clock drawing as a test for dementia. I had to do it too so she could practice doing the test with people without constantly looking at her notes. It was really interesting the different things they could tell by the different way the clock was drawn. Some people bunch all the numbers up in one section, some put the numbers outside the circle, some miss out numbers completely and are totally unaware. Such a simple test but so useful. Sounds like you passed with flying colours though. I do wonder what they’ll use in 30y time when nobody knows how to tell the time on a proper clock anyway!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 at 07.30 which was not what I expected after 4.7 before bed which was 2.5 hrs after a lamb chop fried with mushrooms. I wonder what is happening to my Dawn Phenominum to make it go so high. Maybe I cant trust any of those numbers. For several days now I have eaten well below 20g yesterday hardly any carbs at all. Its a mystery.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

It does sound odd. One more question- are your strips kept somewhere with a constant temperature? I had problems a couple of years back. My store of strips were kept in my bedside drawer. This is very close to the radiator so twice a day they’d get quite warm and the rest of the time they were cool. It really mattered, my readings were erratic like yours but it took me ages to figure it out. I had to chuck those strips away in the end.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all and a 4.8 for me. Very happy with that.
Hope you had a quiet intruder free night @gennepher
@Saskia glad your health check went well. My middle daughter who is training to be a mental health nurse told me about the clock drawing as a test for dementia. I had to do it too so she could practice doing the test with people without constantly looking at her notes. It was really interesting the different things they could tell by the different way the clock was drawn. Some people bunch all the numbers up in one section, some put the numbers outside the circle, some miss out numbers completely and are totally unaware. Such a simple test but so useful. Sounds like you passed with flying colours though. I do wonder what they’ll use in 30y time when nobody knows how to tell the time on a proper clock anyway!

Yes @DJC3
Intruder free. Because I put a wooden chest in front of cat flap!
My clocks are digital now, so this means I don't often see a 'proper' clock with hands.
I hope I don't forget what a round clock looks like when I have to take this test....
Have a good day!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8 at 5 am

No intruder in the night due to wooden chest in front of cat flap...
Popeye looks bored today after the excitement of yesterday....
He is a sedate old cat carefully cleaning himself today...

My painting today for my painting a day challenge to myself...but I am not happy with it. I feel frustrated with it. But I don't know why. Maybe I need to be a sedate old lady resting today....

138B6689-A7B6-4655-A17D-B841AE12F7C8.jpeg

That is better...I uploaded my electric meter reading by mistake at first effort...I am sure that is of no interest to you...

The light was a bit dim when I took the photo, the white is whiter than that...

Now I want a nap, to catch up on sleep.

Happy Thursday!
Bit misty out there...
Hugs for those who would like some...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of lamb, lamb, more lamb please and lamb came in with another 4.8 this a.m., it’s current favourite. Is lamb addictive?

The first motorcycle run is looking like eight days, what fun. Probably in May. A maximum of 150 miles each day may not seem very far but when you are planning upon stopping to actually look at things along the route and have a decent amount of time sightseeing in the places where you stop for the night, it’s enough. Also, roads less traveled need a bit more time.

Foxes seem to be out scavenging all over at this time of year. Luckily we don’t have a cat or a cat flap so no danger of any popping in for a midnight tour of our kitchen.

Have a great day if you can, monster notional hugs for the ills you may be facing. Koffy.

upload_2020-1-23_8-40-54.jpeg

upload_2020-1-23_8-40-36.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wagwan fam as E H Carr was wont to say. Actually, scrolling through posts @DJC3 and @Krystyna23040 have wonderful fbgs, @OldButBold needs paint, @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher have amazing artistic skills and @SaskiaKC aced the Docs office with clockfaces. @karen8967 is turning in steady numbers after the pump :angelic: and @PenguinMum is perplexed by meter readings. Not sure where @dunelm is at with the bins and how @trick60 is getting on with a subtle mix of greenhouse gasses, spuds and Anglo Saxon. Phew. My fbg was 5.8 - if one accepts by their works shall ye know them LCHF is a fake based on that. To be fair, I'm a little short of my side of the the faith without works equation so I shouldn't be surprised if works side balances. Toodle pip.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning to all :)

4.5 today

out for a day in the 'big shed' today ;)

thankfully it's not too cold out there this morning and there is a pretty spectacular display of coloured clouds across the sky reflecting the sunrise :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does sound odd. One more question- are your strips kept somewhere with a constant temperature? I had problems a couple of years back. My store of strips were kept in my bedside drawer. This is very close to the radiator so twice a day they’d get quite warm and the rest of the time they were cool. It really mattered, my readings were erratic like yours but it took me ages to figure it out. I had to chuck those strips away in the end.
Thanks for asking. My strips are kept in the medicine cupboard which is in a cool corner of the kitchen. I will see what happens with the new meter. Also I might start a trial of setting the clock a couple of times between 0200 and 0400 to test. In fact I woke up at 0200 today and wish I had tested but I didnt.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and 5.4 for me today.

Off to build youngest granddaughter's playhouse, should be fun.

@gennepher hug for disappointment with painting, cant win em all but I like it. Winner for keeping the intruders away.
The wonder wheel of lamb, lamb, more lamb please and lamb came in with another 4.8 this a.m., it’s current favourite. Is lamb addictive?
Shouldnt that read Spam, Spam, Spam or Lamb with Spam or Spam with Lamb? As another great comedian (Terry Jones) leaves a gap in the world.

Live your day one and all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great blood sugars. Lamb seems to be working well. You ask if it could be addictive. Maybe - but not as addictive for me as coffee and Montezuma 100%.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. Tempus fugit and all that. Anyone else notice modern tea leaves are so much smaller? Don't even mention policemen and doctors who look like the last cohort of year 12 I taught.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Another busy day with miles to eat, must get going.
A 5.9 this morning.

Have a great day folks, hopefully ab normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @DJC3
Intruder free. Because I put a wooden chest in front of cat flap!
My clocks are digital now, so this means I don't often see a 'proper' clock with hands.
I hope I don't forget what a round clock looks like when I have to take this test....
Have a good day!

Glad you had a peaceful night.
I think most people’s clocks are digital now. I used to wear a watch but had to stop in the end as I have some sort of aura that stops them! Quite bizarre, it I take it off and put in a drawer it starts going again but as soon as I put it on they grind to a halt within a couple of days. Spent loads of money on new batteries and new watches. Very frustrating and I miss a wrist watch.