Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Btw I bought a vegan salad from Waitrose and it wasn’t worth the money. Like I got three small pieces of butternut squash

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee Is my profile pic not to your standards?
emoji23.png
I’m glad you got home okay. @Juicyj wow, was it food and goodies? Did you manage to recover from 14.4?
emoji275.png

Lol, @Juicyj was given flowers like a prom queen.. :D If also felt she deserved it..

Btw I bought a vegan salad from Waitrose and it wasn’t worth the money. Like I got three small pieces of butternut squash
emoji35.png

Oddly, I was toying with the the offerings on sushi?. Love the stuff...
Glad I didn't.

Last edited:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
On the ground in the Philippines. Just about to go out looking for lancets because I let my brother-in-law use my kit to check his blood sugar before I realised it was the last lancet in the cassette and I haven't packed any in the suitcase. What a numpty.

T1 - seems like there's always something!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On the ground in the Philippines. Just about to go out looking for lancets because I let my brother-in-law use my kit to check his blood sugar before I realised it was the last lancet in the cassette and I haven't packed any in the suitcase. What a numpty.

Now that reiminds me back to the first time I left home in the. 80s HIV & all that... (Lol, it was time I had to go..) The only advice I got from my mum with any sort of inpaling device.. (it wasnt't all about using a condom.)

If your unfamiliar with using classic lancets, I can help you. I'm adept at driving the yellow ones home by hand.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

When I do my privately blood tests, fro my time to time, they always send 2 lancing devices. They are brutal. Brutal. I know those tests require a larger sample than our standard finger prick test, but..... if I could find an image, I'd send it, so you'd know what to avoid.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Now that reiminds me back to the first time I left home in the. 80s HIV & all that... (Lol, it was time I had to go..) The only advice I got from my mum with any sort of inpaling device.. (it wasnt't all about using a condom.)

If your unfamiliar with using classic lancets, I can help you. I'm adept at driving the yellow ones home by hand.

When I do my privately blood tests, fro my time to time, they always send 2 lancing devices. They are brutal. Brutal. I know those tests require a larger sample than our standard finger prick test, but..... if I could find an image, I'd send it, so you'd know what to avoid.

Have been to 3 different pharmacies and 1 of them didn't have any lancets at all, one only had single use finger prickers like they use in hospitals, and the 3rd only had One Touch meter kits.

So may have to buy a new one but haven't given up yet. Off on a trip to the big mall after lunch so let's see if I have better luck.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been to 3 different pharmacies and 1 of them didn't have any lancets at all, one only had single use finger prickers like they use in hospitals, and the 3rd only had One Touch meter kits.

So may have to buy a new one but haven't given up yet. Off on a trip to the big mall after lunch so let's see if I have better luck.

I don't know how pricing is in the a Phillipines, but at least a meter kit would have a handful of lancets that could, with careful use last for your trip? I wouldn't fancy using those disposable lancets multiple times a day. I nearly need a sling after m,y Medichecks tests! OK, slight exaggeration, but they go deep.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Pack what you need, bring back up and then double everything lol. Then make sure it all is on your carry on and if ever going to be separated from it have some on your person and in your luggage.:)

A syringe will do in a pinch as a lancet.

Reactions: urbanracer

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Now I want to chuck my pump in the bin, I corrected and I had a low carb meal yesterday, Viola 14.9. I’m not having breakfast today because I feel poopie. But auto mode today, yay! and I’m going to work :(

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everyone hope you all enjoy your day.
Checked my BG this morning 16.7 time to get back on track i was a glutenous pig last night :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiChanski

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all! GOOD morning! Bloods have been in range for 36 hours bar a couple of very mini highs, no more than 8.2. If I knew why then maybe it’d happen more often, but the great, and sometimes unfathomable machinations of T1 are no doubt planning more mayhem for the future. In the meantime, I’m feeling neon green with envy for all those pancreas-normal people who live like this all the time.
Hope all those highs, lows, confusions hopping about get sorted today for everyone.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well they would of thrown out the flowers and bread had I not saved them @Jaylee !! Yes got home and levels were down to 10 and then an hour later I was ok for sleep at 7mmol/l, I didn't want to over correct early on and run the risk of a hypo, but it would of been with a sympathetic crowd if I did !! Poor Tony is berating winning the prize for highest bg reading at 8.3, I don't think I told him I was 14.4 !! I opted for bargain sticker sushi on the way out @MeiChanski as I hadn't eaten apart from the hypo :happy:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! BGs all good, just about - especially if I squint whist turning my meter on it's side :shifty:

@chris85 type 1 did you bolus for the chocolate 'treat' last night? :bag:;)

Sounds like the meeting of the great T1s was.............interesting?!?!?

It was a fab meet up, I don’t have anything else to compare it to. I got an epic arm squish from @Juicyj (we were talking about placing Dexcom on our arms and I said I was advised not too because my arms are a bit lean for it) so it was like an inner fan girl moment for me.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If nothing else @urbanracer , find a kitten to play with. Mine have spared me a fair few fingerpricks, they're guaranteed to draw blood when you tickle them!

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
oh dear now my BG is at 18.8 after a bowl of porridge and 20 units of novoslow i'm trying to get it down i'm at the doctor's today having my bloods done no lunch it is then :arghh: