Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What about my phobia of cats, plenty of pics of cats, which I dont consider to be bullying, I just simply skip past the message
I’m actually really scared of dogs, having been attacked twice. Once as a small child where I was pushed into a ditch full of nettles; and very seriously at 23, when an Alsatian tried to rip my throat out as I was mowing the local park one summer. I still have scars on my neck from its teeth.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my eyes tested at opticians all ok no change to prescription so no need to fork out on new glasses

Also had physio appt which hurt me real bad today ouch

Hi @Cumberland your life is sounding like mine. Ditto opticians yesterday and ditto no change. Am also attending physio at the moment. Pleased to say the results on my back has been instant. After a week I was pain free for the first time since August. He upped the exercises last week and am now even sliding down the wall doing squats. Hope your initial pain wears off and you start to get results.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not much to report, really full on week at uni with solid lectures all day. Head melted after four solid hours of law yesterday! Bit of a surge to 8.3 early this morning, which is unusual, I’ve had to turn my cyborg pancreas down to 70% the last few days, no idea why - perhaps it’s all the thinking! Sitting pretty on a 5.6 now, and about to be driving back to Swansea. Quite hairy on the welsh mountain roads home last night - thunder, lightning, hail and slithering about on the roads like a slippy thing.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m actually really scared of dogs, having been attacked twice. Once as a small child where I was pushed into a ditch full of nettles; and very seriously at 23, when an Alsatian tried to rip my throat out as I was mowing the local park one summer. I still have scars on my neck from its teeth.

Me too! A bad experience as a child left me cautious, then after lots of incidents the year before last were dogs turned around and ran towards me (2 actually jumping up) whilst out walking, I became even more nervous. My husband was with me and they never went for him. We came to the conclusion it was either the diabetes scent or the jelly babies I carried. Switched to dextrose and didn’t have one incidence last year. Also, always walk with my walking pole with spike on the end. Haven’t needed it but if a dog came for me again I would use it. Sorry all dog lovers but uncontrolled dogs always seem to say, ‘oh he won’t hurt you!’ Well train it not to do that then. Dogs can be trained and become a pleasure to be near. Jumpy up bothersome happy barking ones are a liability. Rant over.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,woke on 5.1, go me! Obvious from my avatar and previous posts, I'm a dog lover. I am also someone who's incensed by people who allow their dogs to roam, to rush up to me and my dog, to junp up, who tell me they're only being friendly and when I ask them to keep their dog away as I'm training my youngster to ignore people, say it's only natural and they just want to play. Irresponsible dog owners are a pain for other dog owners too and I don't want my dog to be a nuisance to anyone.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Moderators have to act on reports made by members so if someone finds a picture of a spider offensive it will be removed, arachnophobia is a well known condition - having a go at moderators for looking after members is unfair and so posts that do this will be deleted. It is also churlish behaviour to threaten to post pics which could cause offence or to suggest other images are offensive when clearly they aren’t so let’s all get back on the subject of life with t1 folks that’s what this thread is supposed to be about, not who can we wind up or upset as that’s not in the spirit of the forum.

Reactions: urbanracer

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I love dogs and have picked up strays all my life and either looked for their owners or if I couldn't find the owners found them homes. I was bit quite a few times by my own dog growing up. Surprisingly I never got bit by a stray even grabbing at them except for one dog that had just got hit by a car.

I really despise that people let their dogs roam, they can cause accidents by cars trying to avoid them, get hurt being hit by a car, besides the people that are scared of them. But also if you are walking a dog and you see a strange dog running up to you, you never know what to expect. My husband used to carry a stun gun and so did I when walking our dogs and just turning it on usually scared off any dog approaching.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I adore spiders, bats, snakes and cats. I’m terrified (to be honest) of dogs and find myself scrolling past photos of them quite quickly. So actually a dog photo can have just the same effect on a person as a spider has on someone else. But that’s not valid, I suppose.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol, spiders are ok, I adore bats and cats and dogs, I could do without snakes.................

Reactions: LooperCat

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok so no pictures from now on, ever........!

:rolleyes:

BGs ok now running sensorless:yuck:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
lol..................I can't stand being sensorless............................

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered two Libres last Wednesday, expecting delivery Sat
It nearly a week & not even a peep, not a red card missed postie
That's that.
Now I've 2 days to go with this sensor & I've finger prick stuff to fall back
It could actually be worse if the insulin went first.
I'd be watching a vertical graph....

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a diabetic course being booked March 5th. Took them long enough lol been type 1 since last June. Learnt quite a bit. But what things will they teach at the course? Watch vids?

Reactions: Antje77

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
lol..................I can't stand being sensorless............................

I need to learn to read....I saw that as "I can't stand being senseless". Would have said neither can I :hilarious::hilarious:

I got a diabetic course being booked March 5th. Took them long enough lol been type 1 since last June. Learnt quite a bit. But what things will they teach at the course? Watch vids?
Which course is it?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Delticmatt100 Matt, I presume this is DAFNE or a variation there of - Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating.

You'll be taught how to carb count correctly, you'll work out your Insulin to carb Ratio (I:C), correction factors and learn how the body deals with carbs and a whole host of other things but the main thing is spending some time with other T1ds!

Reactions: hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I need to learn to read....I saw that as "I can't stand being senseless". Would have said neither can I :hilarious::hilarious:

Auto-correct kept trying to change it to senseless - same difference I guess!:D