Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, your girl is extremely tired and thirsty. My pump decided to kick me out of auto mode at 5am this morning because I’ve exceeded the max basal delivery. I went from a nice 5.5 at bed time to 9.9 by 3am and 14.5 by 5am. Tresiba seemed to have handled a dawn problem that I thought I didn’t have. Lately I’ve been creeping up at 3am. My first review of auto mode is not a positive one.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Suppose I’ll be modded for being constructively humorous.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
7E44A64B-74AB-4D48-8748-E41DA4955AE6.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back on track (but thanks for the laugh @therower!) - I've been 'senseless' a little over 12hrs now and Aaarrrgggghhh! god it's so annoying being diabetic! and having to finger prick! The good news I was 7.something this morning, sneaked a 'few' matchmakers for elevenses 11.something before lunch and now at 6.9......heading somewhere......?

Reactions: porl69

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
No, it's fine.
I do wish people would leave the subject alone, though, it would improve the atmosphere here. But wishing something and moderating are two different things.
I don't think there's much wrong with the atmosphere when we can have a laugh and be T1 supportive

Reactions: smc4761

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to order some sensors from the F&F line! Hopefully I'll be back with some sense thursday......no one say anything! :shifty:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My usual pharmacy said there was a delay of 2-3 weeks on sensors. I ended up getting my husband to collect 2 from London.

Reactions: porl69

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a positive note woke up to a 5.9 this morning and apart from a spike around 2 hours later its been fairly steady all. Now at a lovely 5.2
(edited by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marie 2

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back on track (but thanks for the laugh @therower!) - I've been 'senseless' a little over 12hrs now and Aaarrrgggghhh! god it's so annoying being diabetic! and having to finger prick! The good news I was 7.something this morning, sneaked a 'few' matchmakers for elevenses 11.something before lunch and now at 6.9......heading somewhere......?
Call me weird ( I get called worse ) but as much as I love being hooked up to my Dexcom I really enjoy time away from it.
Just spent 7 days “ senseless “. I find it keeps me more in touch with what my body is actually telling me.
Glad I’ve managed to raise a smile:).

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi @Cumberland your life is sounding like mine. Ditto opticians yesterday and ditto no change. Am also attending physio at the moment. Pleased to say the results on my back has been instant. After a week I was pain free for the first time since August. He upped the exercises last week and am now even sliding down the wall doing squats. Hope your initial pain wears off and you start to get results.

Hi there

Good luck with the physio hope it’s a success

Reactions: becca59
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy afternoon to you all,
BG climbed high during the night and double figures this morning, as I was worried about someone, but afternoon has been much better and number's pretty good.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Struggled yesterday with double figures each prick

Today has been better
7.2, 7.7, 6.4 and 6.8 thus far

Reactions: karen8967

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
IMG_1496.jpg

Here is little Wispa having a lie in

Hope this photo is ok I don’t want to offend anyone

I have a pet Tarantula called Tara she’s cute I don’t want to pose her with Wispa because I think Wispa might eat her