What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Howling Wolf now there's a blues singer.

Thinking of the blues, Just ordered another harmonica in the key of A which means I can play along with some slow blues in the key of E. then thinking of Donovan @dunelm thank for the link, got me thinking of Dylan and that harmonica holder he had around his neck, maybe I should get one of those I can then multitask, guitar, harmonica and sing. MRs MC will be impressed as she reckons I can't multitask. :joyful:

Of course you can. You're a Renaissance man. (I mean it. :)) Go for it.
t2009.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040 It wasn't a copy of Dog Fancy that I spotted in the grocery store checkout line just now, but I was very pleased to see that Archie had made the cover of this magazine. I have no idea why Harry and Meghan were in the cover photo instead of a chocolate Lab, but I do hope that this doggy virus will go away and let your Archie -- and all of you -- make a fresh start feeling great. :)

20200212_161026_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having a day to ourselves Mrs MC and I agreed we should visit Trentham and have a walk around the lake and Italian gardens. We have season tickets purchased with Tesco points and so it cost us nothing. Sun shone all day, bitter cold, snow drops, Ellebores and primroses everywhere a good day. So inspired by Mr Capability Browns landscape this is today's watercolour sketch, between A4 and A5 paper size, brushes used shown and 30 minutes to complete.

View attachment 38544

View attachment 38545

So serene. Thank you for posting it. :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, 5.8 on the dice, sorry @SaskiaKC I failed maths twice in school, had a real problem with numbers....and attending.

Reactions: karen8967

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Having a day to ourselves Mrs MC and I agreed we should visit Trentham and have a walk around the lake and Italian gardens. We have season tickets purchased with Tesco points and so it cost us nothing. Sun shone all day, bitter cold, snow drops, Ellebores and primroses everywhere a good day. So inspired by Mr Capability Browns landscape this is today's watercolour sketch, between A4 and A5 paper size, brushes used shown and 30 minutes to complete.

View attachment 38544

View attachment 38545

Wonderful paintings. You and @gennepher are so talented.
Re Tesco vouchers, I've just redeemed mine, they paid £330 towards my Irish ferries trip to Dublin in April. Only had to top up by £79. My son was disappointed as I said he could use them to eat out at Bella Italia. That was a few weeks ago and he needed to be quicker!
I wont get so many clubcard points now as I shop in aldi and lidl mostly these days. Probably saving enough to buy a boat and sail over myself!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
12th - 5.6
13th - was 5.6 when I woke at 5.18am. Still awake and done again and it's gone up to 6.1.
Out last night to see our favourite George Michael tribute, Rob Lamberti. Looks like him, moves like him and sounds like him. He is doing a big full orchestra tour again this year but still loves doing small venues. Last night it was lytham, such a lovely town. Classy. The Olive Tree restaurant. Great food, wine and entertainment. Service was excellent. Taxi home was expensive though, £24!!! Didnt want to drag som out. He has work at 6.30 today. He took us though so that saved a small fortune.

Today we are going to the Lake District for 3 day mini break. Hope the weather is kind. Will take photos if we do manage to get out n about. Such a beautiful part of the world.

@OldButBold sorry to hear about your dx. That said, it is positive in that you now have a dx and can move it forward. Was a long time coming. Wonder if there is some sort of online forum that offers help and support as this wonderful forum does.
@gennepher sorry to hear about your misadventure in the wind. Glad you are ok.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning 6 for me today, so back out of those delux 5s.

@SaskiaKC me like @trick60 failed at all things mathematical, although Geometry was the area of numbers I enjoyed most.

@Debandez thanks for the compliment for @gennepher and my art work. Re Tesco shopping our local Aldi and Lidle stores are rubbish don't know why as there are better stores some 20 mile away but cost and time travelling to them outweighs savings so we stick with Tesco. Best of luck with buying that Ferry, and don't forget you will need to also purchase some batteries to keep it running well into the future. :). Enjoy the lakes!

A Muddy Cycle ride then music, music,music here today, gig tonight.

Don't miss out on the small things, they tend to pass us bye.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no hugs necessary woke to a 6.9 despite my curtailing the carbs rigidly & walking a little again...I'm eating for my diabetes & my INR levels so a balancing act is required...I am positive things will level out soon enough & both will accommodate each other...freezing here & peeing down the kind of weather that makes you so grateful for a roof over your head...with the impending arrival of storm Dennis this weekend crossing my fingers we still have one after he's left...the beasts are fed currently attacking their new catnip bananas obsessed with them at the moment...more coffee needed then firm action with the housework & admin...pictured for those of you who doubt their existence the catnip banana

cat nip banana.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'ts morning in The Brecks (RR reference), bins out and USAF keeping me safe. 6.2 today :bigtears::bigtears:. In retrospect it would have been better to avoid testing and relax the LC regime this week. Trying to keep to 1 salad a day has only added a layer of difficulty for both of us with terrible results - in fbg I hasten to add. Too late now but lesson learned with potential applications to other contexts. This fixation on carbs - borderline othorexia - isn't healthy in general and problematic at times. Far too me centric bearing in mind Julie's health problems and family meals. Grossly unfair on my boys to add the stress of "can/will dad eat this?" . Not compliant with the Christian message IMHO. Wrong time to deal with all that right now but it needs addressing. New gadgets for kitchen delivered today and fitted tomorrow so we move on. Have a great day folks. @SaskiaKC - geometry? I was ok until I had a nasty injury to my hypotenuse.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'ts morning in The Brecks, bins out and USAF keeping me safe. 6.2 today :bigtears::bigtears:. In retrospect it would have been better to avoid testing and relaxed the LC regime this week. Trying to keep to 1 salad a day has only added a layer of difficulty for both of us with bad results. Too late now but lesson learned with potential to applications to other contexts. This fixation on carbs - borderline othorexia - isn't healthy. Message received Julie + sons - although I will never tell them that. New gadget for kitchen delivered today and fitted tomorrow so we move on. Have a great day folks.
Winner for your perseverance but hug for disappointment.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, well, 5.6 this morning :)

Maybe it's Maybelline or maybe it was the crumpet ;) Today is a driving day, delivering the ashes of her ladyships aunty to their final resting place and other such joys. Haven't looked out of the window yet but I can hear the rain drumming the dawn into existence.

@OldButBold sorry to hear about your dx. That said, it is positive in that you now have a dx and can move it forward. Was a long time coming. Wonder if there is some sort of online forum that offers help and support as this wonderful forum does.

Thank you, and yes it takes a while. Sadly it's a syndrome that is literally decades in the making, like a slow cooker on low ;) There are forums but they're not for me, too maudlin for someone with my cheerful outlook on life :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 It wasn't a copy of Dog Fancy that I spotted in the grocery store checkout line just now, but I was very pleased to see that Archie had made the cover of this magazine. I have no idea why Harry and Meghan were in the cover photo instead of a chocolate Lab, but I do hope that this doggy virus will go away and let your Archie -- and all of you -- make a fresh start feeling great. :)

View attachment 38549
Archie would really love nature walks in Canada with Meghan and Harry. He does have royal links because he was born next to Sandringham, the Queens country retreat here in Norfolk. Also, Meghan and Harry phoned to ask for his permission to name their baby after him.

Archie is is normal self this morning - which is such a relief. It was a worry because he is such an old Labrador.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for your perseverance but hug for disappointment.
Thanks but I think orthorexia/selfishness covers it much better. Much as I assume you stand back and evaluate your artwork realistically this experience has been far more useful for putting my WOE into context for how it impacts others than for bg control. Outside the silo of this forum much of this - LCHF, odd supplements and regimes - makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited: