What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, fatty bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Grilled Barra and salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary, water.

Just took this pix of the sunrise over the Hummock when I was having my first couple of heart starters...

P9SCV0W.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
13-022-2020
Breakfast 2x CWC 2 eggs Scrambled in the microwave. Was going to have cheese but saw the sausages MrSlim bought for breakfast. So didn't.
He slept late. Wasn't feeling too good today.
Lunch: we had the mergez sausages in baguette. 3 sausages each. Really like these flavoursome spicy sausages, although I think we need to take more notice of how the French cook them.
Dinner:
Hold onto your hats folks. MrSlim is feeling better and cooking up a more delicious storm than the one outside.
Dinner menu
Real lobster Bisque.
Filet de boeuff stroganoff served with dauphinois potates (yes I did have some) sauted mushrooms and buttered cauliflower and brocolli.
Crêpes Suzette. Possibly my favourite pudding in the world. A MrSlim speciality.
To drink? Champagne of course. An economical one from Lidl, lot of fizz and pleasantly dry.
Just in case you hadn't already guessed, in another life MrSlim used to be a chef. This is the first time he has cooked for me the Beef Stroganoff, although he has mentioned it often.
Any one want to see pics ?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4A6B0FB8-10A9-420E-ACA8-ECD05ECC161E.jpeg

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-raspberry-cheesecake-swirl-brownies
Baked these again today as OH very fond of them and it is Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Went for quantities for 12 and made individual ones this time in reusable silicone cup cake cases. I also use defrosted frozen raspberries as small amount needed and don’t like waste plus it works! They also freeze well. If I’d had heart moulds would have been great they are so pink....

Two days to report back on as had dentists visit yesterday with eldest who we care for and was third attempt at the trip so a bit tense and time consuming ! Still done now at last and new crown fitted - my turn for dentists next a week on Monday - feel that we pay his bills at moment!

Yesterday
Breakfast two boiled eggs and half toasted chaffle
Dinner glass of dry white - much needed - with Cajun chicken kebabs with hm coleslaw and avocado salad followed by sf jelly and yoghurt

Today
Breakfast one slice of bacon and one egg and half a toasted chaffle
Dinner beef casserole and cauliflower cheese with glass of red wine followed by a lc raspberry cheesecake swirl brownie with yoghurt.

@DJC3 could you please keep Dennis in Cornwall and indoors this weekend? Flood barriers have gone up in Bewdley with the river Severn lapping over already and there are fears of Dennis arriving here - I’m told - this coming weekend.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually the storm didn't have any effect on our power supply - it really wasn't all that bad here. No it was calm but cold - just about zero. That 's why I was surprised that the power went off. Maybe everyone else turning lights on at the same time, but that happens every day, so can't think it would have been that.

Had a discussion with both sons today about storms and I opined that giving the storms names makes them into evil entities and frightens people, so I think it is a bad idea. Both of them kind of agreed and Neil thought it was an idea from meteorologist to make people take more notice of them (the met people not the storms) and we all agreed that, in Britain at least, while it has been wetter, it has probably not really been all that much windier than in many years past. When my husband was at sea, storms and hurricanes were not given names - they were referred to in meteorological terms or just as "typhoons", "hurricanes" or "storms" and seafarers took note but everyone else just got on with life. It seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon. However, to be honest, I can't take Atlantic storm "Dennis" seriously. "Dennis" is not, to me, a threatening name, however much newsreaders and weather forecasters keep on about it.

Lunch today at 1.30 was more of the chicken wings from last night - cold this time.
Tonight's meal will be fried gammon with more of the veg left over from yesterday.
Pic (below I hope) is the wings and veg ready to serve.

View attachment 38566

I have a 10 month old puppy called Dennis, he is not at all threatening but can be quite annoying! He wasn’t impressed with the storm and had to be carried out to do his business this morning.
The weather has certainly affected the fishing boats here in Cornwall, I went to the fish market today but they apologised for not much choice as the boats hadn’t been able to go out much.
Glad your power is ok now.

Reactions: maglil55

mouseee

Evening!

Feeling tired as I roll slowly towards the end of the week and half term... whoop!

Breakfast - coffee and 2 veggie sausages

Lunch - beef stew and dumplings from freezer
Naughty... half a tiny slice of chocolate brownie. Worth it!

Dinner - mushroom and cheese omelette

Apple and peanut butter

Yummy day!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a 10 month old puppy called Dennis, he is not at all threatening but can be quite annoying! He wasn’t impressed with the storm and had to be carried out to do his business this morning.
The weather has certainly affected the fishing boats here in Cornwall, I went to the fish market today but they apologised for not much choice as the boats hadn’t been able to go out much.
Glad your power is ok now.
When these storms come in I always think of the folk in Cornwall, (which as you know I love) , but especially the fishermen. Such a hard job and it does explain how fresh fish is dearer than meat. Hope you, your family and Dennis atay safe and well this weekend.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning black coffee x 2 then peppermint tea as too much black coffee gives me a stomach ache - V irritating.
Lunch out at a garden centre near Padstow, lovely looking food so no idea why I had a cheese and mushroom omelette and salad. It was very nice but I meant to get the fish chowder.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thai-fish-curry-coconut this was lovely, made it with haddock, which luckily was available.

@maglil55 Sorry I didn’t thank you for posting the link to DD week 5, it didn’t let me see, but I did find it eventually by going back to the deep dive email. Like you I’ve changed a lot of it and it’ll be very different at the weekend when I have grandchildren here too. I’m still enjoying the food enormously ( apart from the bacon cheeseburger casserole)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Playing catch up - long work day in Brum yesterday and didn’t get to post.

@PenguinMum hope you’re soon fully recovered.

Yesterday lunch was a bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions at Five Guys around the corner from my favourite hotel in Brum - some unexpected free time in the day.
Dinner was on the train - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos plus a couple of bits of cheddar.

Today was my usual lunch of bacon eggs and cheese at the cafe near work.
Dinner was chicken wings - 50/50 split of garlic Parmesan and lemon pepper flavours.

D25271E6-DB3E-40AA-87F4-4D87682246D4.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@shelley262 hope you stay safe. Bewdley is so prone to flooding. The barriers can only do so much.
@PenguinMum thanks for you good wishes.as you can tell he is feeling better this afternoon and evening. I think it was partly overdoing it.
@ianpspurs thank you. I think. Not sure why I deserve your praise though.
Did I mention storm Dennis has taken the roof of a lean-to shed?

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 hope you stay safe. Bewdley is so prone to flooding. The barriers can only do so much.
@PenguinMum thanks for you good wishes.as you can tell he is feeling better this afternoon and evening. I think it was partly overdoing it.
@ianpspurs thank you. I think. Not sure why I deserve your praise though.
Did I mention storm Dennis has taken the roof of a lean-to shed?
Trooper for all the building work and hardcore gardening with a bad shoulder. Absolute result with Mr Slim being a chef and master builder.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't eat out or frequent pubs but this is less than 10 mins away. Is a gin menu common nowadays? https://www.guinnessarms.com/ Food not exactly LC but it does look enticing. We are baby sitting tomorrow whilst N0 3 son and DIL have valentine meal there. The steak does sound good as does venison Carpaccio.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't eat out or frequent pubs but this is less than 10 mins away. Is a gin menu common nowadays? https://www.guinnessarms.com/ Food not exactly LC but it does look enticing. We are baby sitting tomorrow whilst N0 3 son and DIL have valentine meal there. The steak does sound good as does venison Carpaccio.
It defo sounds amazing but the sides are a bit lacking for LC but I bet the rest is amazing.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at my friend’s (newly diagnosed type 2): Peking style spare ribs with creamy garlic mushrooms followed by LC chocolate brownies with cream and LC chocolate granola (dessert was my contribution to the meal :))
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and strong cheddar omelette with leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 38570
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-raspberry-cheesecake-swirl-brownies
Baked these again today as OH very fond of them and it is Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Went for quantities for 12 and made individual ones this time in reusable silicone cup cake cases. I also use defrosted frozen raspberries as small amount needed and don’t like waste plus it works! They also freeze well. If I’d had heart moulds would have been great they are so pink....

Two days to report back on as had dentists visit yesterday with eldest who we care for and was third attempt at the trip so a bit tense and time consuming ! Still done now at last and new crown fitted - my turn for dentists next a week on Monday - feel that we pay his bills at moment!

Yesterday
Breakfast two boiled eggs and half toasted chaffle
Dinner glass of dry white - much needed - with Cajun chicken kebabs with hm coleslaw and avocado salad followed by sf jelly and yoghurt

Today
Breakfast one slice of bacon and one egg and half a toasted chaffle
Dinner beef casserole and cauliflower cheese with glass of red wine followed by a lc raspberry cheesecake swirl brownie with yoghurt.

@DJC3 could you please keep Dennis in Cornwall and indoors this weekend? Flood barriers have gone up in Bewdley with the river Severn lapping over already and there are fears of Dennis arriving here - I’m told - this coming weekend.

Those brownies look amazing, great idea for a Valentines treat.
I will try to keep Dennis contained, I think he’s exhausted himself here. I hope those flood barriers hold, it doesn’t seem a minute since you got the worst of the floods before.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
13-022-2020
Breakfast 2x CWC 2 eggs Scrambled in the microwave. Was going to have cheese but saw the sausages MrSlim bought for breakfast. So didn't.
He slept late. Wasn't feeling too good today.
Lunch: we had the mergez sausages in baguette. 3 sausages each. Really like these flavoursome spicy sausages, although I think we need to take more notice of how the French cook them.
Dinner:
Hold onto your hats folks. MrSlim is feeling better and cooking up a more delicious storm than the one outside.
Dinner menu
Real lobster Bisque.
Filet de boeuff stroganoff served with dauphinois potates (yes I did have some) sauted mushrooms and buttered cauliflower and brocolli.
Crêpes Suzette. Possibly my favourite pudding in the world. A MrSlim speciality.
To drink? Champagne of course. An economical one from Lidl, lot of fizz and pleasantly dry.
Just in case you hadn't already guessed, in another life MrSlim used to be a chef. This is the first time he has cooked for me the Beef Stroganoff, although he has mentioned it often.
Any one want to see pics ?

Yes please. I, for one, would like to see pics.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes