What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

It was a starvation day .

Breakfast : less than half a small omelet ( was too busy to finish it).

Lunch: half a cucumber , and 3-4 spoons of ground beef I managed to find in pasta ( tried not to eat the pasta itself except a few tiny random bits) . That was all that was available at work .

Snack : A tiny square of chocolate .

Dinner : After starvation today , I was very hungry . So guess what ? After 20 yrs , I ordered MC Donald since it was the fastest !!! Last time I had MCD , I was a student , 20 yrs ago.

I removed the upper bun and had a triple cheeses burger ( without the upper bun ) and salad with bacon .

I was so hungry that it tasted better than a Michelin restaurant! So pathetic of me I know !

Picture attached
IMG_4951.jpg

Edit : No spikes ! Bg went up to 116 = 6.5. Dexcom shows no spikes at all . This means I can have half a normal bun

Last edited:

Winnie-the-Pooh

13-022-2020
Breakfast 2x CWC 2 eggs Scrambled in the microwave. Was going to have cheese but saw the sausages MrSlim bought for breakfast. So didn't.
He slept late. Wasn't feeling too good today.
Lunch: we had the mergez sausages in baguette. 3 sausages each. Really like these flavoursome spicy sausages, although I think we need to take more notice of how the French cook them.
Dinner:
Hold onto your hats folks. MrSlim is feeling better and cooking up a more delicious storm than the one outside.
Dinner menu
Real lobster Bisque.
Filet de boeuff stroganoff served with dauphinois potates (yes I did have some) sauted mushrooms and buttered cauliflower and brocolli.
Crêpes Suzette. Possibly my favourite pudding in the world. A MrSlim speciality.
To drink? Champagne of course. An economical one from Lidl, lot of fizz and pleasantly dry.
Just in case you hadn't already guessed, in another life MrSlim used to be a chef. This is the first time he has cooked for me the Beef Stroganoff, although he has mentioned it often.
Any one want to see pics ?

I’m glad your MrSlim is feeling better . He sounds like a very resourceful and nice MrSlim. Hope he had a great birthday and you both have many many yrs of happiness!
My bebe is also having his birthday . I’m excited.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 14/02/2020
Taken band aid off cut letting it face elements and get wet. Will take shower tonight, got some hand cream that seems to be helping my hands.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 150g fat free yoghurt, 20g peanut butter, 5 white coffee, 100ml milk between them

Lunch: 42g sprouted sunflower sourdough (last piece from freezer), 120g cucumber, 130g tomato, 126g dry cured ham, 2g butter, mustard, 20g cheese

Dinner: 130g safcol tuna in oil (6g fat), 4g butter, 40ml salsa, 15g cheese, 31g raw red onion, 190g fresh broccoli boiled, 2 white corn tortilla.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I wasn't sure it would let you see the Week 5 menu even although it says you can share with other members. I know you're on the same membership as I am but I suspect we'd have to share via email as that's how they identify us. I'm really enjoying the bulk of the recipes too. I was scheduled to have the fish curry today but I've decided to postpone it. @SlimLizzy - great looking food. Brought back memories of my lamp cooking days when I worked in restaurants. Peach or pineapple flambe or crepe suzette. Kitchen looks great. @PenguinMum - hope you have fully recovered and @Annb - glad you got the power back on.
Yesterday - bed 6.6 FBG 5.0. Was supposed to be grandson free but DIL needed to go to the physio so I had the boys for a few hours.
B. Just TAG.
L. Produce lentil soup for lunch for the boys so I had the 1/2 cup that was left over.
D. Made this after I got the boys back home. The DD Shepherds Pie with cauli mash on top. Another very tasty dish and enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Interesting with the chopped leek through the mash. Had a Isey Skyr later.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-shepherds-pie

ketoshepardspie2NEW.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well here I am preparing for another weekend of possible power cuts so when I did my food shopping this morning I planned to cook things later which could be heated up/cooked on the picnic stove. So chicken stir fry tomo and chilli made today to heat up on Sunday. Tonight is monkfish and scallops off this mornings boats.
At least living on top of a hill I dont have to worry about flooding. I fear for the folk up rhe country who still havent got over the last floods.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well here I am preparing for another weekend of possible power cuts so when I did my food shopping this morning I planned to cook things later which could be heated up/cooked on the picnic stove. So chicken stir fry tomo and chilli made today to heat up on Sunday. Tonight is monkfish and scallops off this mornings boats.
At least living on top of a hill I dont have to worry about flooding. I fear for the folk up rhe country who still havent got over the last floods.

Monkfish and scallops are my idea of heaven on a plate! I do hope the power cuts don’t materialise but well done for being super prepared. What will you do about heating?

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hope your pre power cut preparations aren't needed, but you look to be pretty well prepared. Do you have electric heating or something a bit more reliable? We have oil, but of course, the pump is electric, so not so reliable, but I got rid of my kitchen stove - getting too old to keep cleaning it out and fetching fuel. Still do have a log burner in the sitting room and we have cleared the space in front of it now, but didn't get around to getting it lit in the last power cut.

So far today I've had some berries with yoghurt and a few cups of tea. I will eventually have some fish pie (smoked haddock, salmon and a bit of some kind of white fish that I can't identify from the freezer) with a celeriac and cheese mash topping. That will have to be about 5 pm - before I have to go out for the kids' club.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb and @DJC3 we have oil fired central heating but of course the pump wont work in a power cut. Luckily have an open fireplace in the front room and a good supply of logs, briquettes and SF coal. Other than that its rugs and cats (for me, Mr PM is allergic but still loves them).
Today had COYO strawberry flavoured coconut milk yogurt (5.5g /100g carbs pot 125g was 6.6g) with a few berries. It was really nice and made a change without breaking the carb bank even if making a dent in the actual bank!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb your fish pie sounds delish specially with celeriac topping. Takecare when you go out later especially if the wind gets up.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm still here and still enjoying your posts. :) My left hand is almost back to what it was before, sadly I'm VERY right handed and that hand is lagging behind in the getting better race. I'm hoping it will get better on its own and i won't need the doctor's appointment booked for the week after next. I really hate doctors.

We are on an amber warning for heavy rain here at the weekend courtesy of storm Dennis - people in the next village (Fishlake) are bracing themselves for a re-run of the recent floods, although we've had no automated notification that might happen (last time every single land line and mobile phone in this village and a couple of others were sent a high priority automated message which overrides any do not disturb / call barring settings on your phone). Last time the water got as close as seeping under the front door of a house two doors down from me (which was nerve wracking). :nailbiting:

Food is going fine.... breakfasts have all been chia puddings or soya yoghurt with nuts. Mainly green gloop for lunches and then very simple dinners - the downside to having heavy cooking pans is that i can't pick them up at the moment so anything requiring cooking has mostly been done by Mr C, plated up then microwave re-heated when needed.

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still here and still enjoying your posts. :) My left hand is almost back to what it was before, sadly I'm VERY right handed and that hand is lagging behind in the getting better race. I'm hoping it will get better on its own and i won't need the doctor's appointment booked for the week after next. I really hate doctors.

We are on an amber warning for heavy rain here at the weekend courtesy of storm Dennis - people in the next village (Fishlake) are bracing themselves for a re-run of the recent floods, although we've had no automated notification that might happen (last time every single land line and mobile phone in this village and a couple of others were sent a high priority automated message which overrides any do not disturb / call barring settings on your phone). Last time the water got as close as seeping under the front door of a house two doors down from me (which was nerve wracking). :nailbiting:

Food is going fine.... breakfasts have all been chia puddings or soya yoghurt with nuts. Mainly green gloop for lunches and then very simple dinners - the downside to having heavy cooking pans is that i can't pick them up at the moment so anything requiring cooking has mostly been done by Mr C, plated up then microwave re-heated when needed.
Glad to hear there is improvement even if its not the hand you need. It would be good if the right followed suit. You and Mr Chook seem to have worked out a cunning plan for dinners. I have two cast iron pans which I rarely use so I understand. One is a large casserole which is useful to feed a crowd but that seldom happens any more so I may decide to part ways with them if we move. I will be crossing everything that you and your neighbours dont have flooding. I get power cuts but that is nothing compared to flooding. Best wishes.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely to see you posting @Chook . Let’s hope your right hand soon catches up with the left.

Very glad to have reached the weekend. Conducted 4 performance reviews today, total of 6 hours! One of them had to be in the cafe near work so that lunch could be eaten. Bacon, eggs and grated cheese.

Dinner was almost carnivore pizza (a few onions alongside the animal products). Delicious. @Antje77 note the plate!

A5170B82-CB9D-45BE-BE50-4D6D02A9D33E.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All!

am laughing because after exchange of flowers, cards, hotel chocolat chocs for me, and a new set of double walled flat white glasses for Mr B
F225846A-D65B-4C1B-ABFC-EFF402D2DD27.png
we both completely forgot about our planned steak fest. It is still in the fridge! haha!
Instead, we just found some sausages and had them.
Diehard romantics the pair of us.
Still chortling...

(Oh, and breakfast was bacon and egg. No lunch)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dennis still seems to be heading our way despite @DJC3 trying to keep him in in Cornwall! Think here real flooding problem will be in a day or so as the River Severn tends to be slow building re it’s river levels (although already very high) and after a couple of days takes the real hit. We are very lucky in Bewdley though to have proper flood barriers and lucky re our own house being higher up the river valley!
Breakfast two boiled egg and half a toasted chaffle
Lunch poached salmon mousse with salad and lc seeded crackers
Dinner steak, halloumi chips and mushroom sauce with glass of Barolo red wine followed by DD lc raspberry cheesecake swirl brownie with extra thick double cream.
Stay safe all out there all with storm Dennis. Hope it dies down @SlimLizzy before you come back to the UK for your trip
@Chook thinking of you hope your dominant hand improves soon. Also hope you avoid the flooding think your area it’s flash flooding so difficult to predict and plan for - here on Severn although flooding never good we do tend to get more warning and detail .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: two left over bacon melts followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: Cold bbq chicken drumsticks, cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and a packet of Serious Pig cheese snacks followed by LC chocolate brownie with cream and low carb chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and sorry in advance for not managing to contain Dennis. I do hope we all survive without too much disruption, especially those in flood prone areas. @Chook good to see you back again, hope your hand gets better soon. It must have been really scary seeing that flood water lapping at the door.
@shelley262 I hope the flood barriers hold. I’m envious of your glass of Barolo - haven’t had that for ages, such a gorgeous deep full wine.
@Goonergal sounds like a full on week for you, good idea to do one of your reviews in the cafe though.

Today started with a black coffee, but started getting ‘coffee tum’ before the second so put a dash of cream in it which helped. I should probably try to cut down on coffee, sigh.
Lunch - hotchpotch of things from the fridge 50g smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, h/b egg, celery sticks with M&S whipped creamy cheese.
D: the DD keto shepherds pie that @maglil55 had yesterday daughter declared it better than the traditional style. Agree that the leeks stirred through the mash was a good twist. About 15g Montezumas Absolute black and a tot of HC cocoa gin.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, snags, tomatoes.
Lunch: Cheese and onion toasted sandwiches, coupla XXXX Gold pots of low carb beer.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars / sweeteners, beer, water.