What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone. An even 7 this morning, and the clouds have returned. It's been like monsoon season here this month and we don't have monsoon seasons here.
@gennepher I am relieved to learn that you have been able to open your gate and get to your car. Thank you for posting your painting after all the horror of the night. I'm glad you and Popeye are safe and snug.

Hugs to everyone for coming through the storms, and Congratulations and a pat and back rub to the real Dennis for coming home so nicely with Mr @DJC3. Congratulations to you and DH, @DJC3 , for being such loving doggie parents that Dennis will heel without his lead. :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
agree very sad about Caroline Flack way too young it seems they build you up and then they pull you down time and time again.
They do PM what's disturbing is the level of venom directed at her over the assault allegation without any proof she had assaulted anyone...a shameful indictment of how our society does look no further than the façade with vulnerable people...mental illness is not obvious it's a hidden peril...a hidden killer...tragic & preventable.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone. An even 7 this morning, and the clouds have returned. It's been like monsoon season here this month and we don't have monsoon seasons here.
@gennepher I am relieved to learn that you have been able to open your gate and get to your car. Thank you for posting your painting after all the horror of the night. I'm glad you and Popeye are safe and snug.

Hugs to everyone for coming through the storms, and Congratulations and a pat and back rub to the real Dennis for coming home so nicely with Mr @DJC3. Congratulations to you and DH, @DJC3 , for being such loving doggie parents that Dennis will heel without his lead. :)
Thanks @SaskiaKC
Neither of us slept last night. I think I was taking my cue from Popeye because he didn’t want to stay in a bungalow being buffeted by strong winds, and obviously he didn’t want to go out either. He got upset when I blocked the cat flap. So I unblocked it and he sat by the cat flap. And I sat in the kitchen with him awhile.

It was like he wanted the option to flee if the bungalow was going to collapse.

Finally I persuaded him to come to the front room and I blocked the cat flap for the night.

We do have earth tremors here. Just slight earthquakes really. And I had noticed in the past that all my cats disappeared that day (before the earth tremor), and then once the earth tremor happened, awhile later the cats returned and came inside again.

So with Popeye insistent on sitting by the cat flap last night put me on hyper alert over Storm Dennis.

Poor lad is exhausted and is sleeping in my bed.

Wind has abated a lot, so I am going outside in a minute.

You have a good night’s sleep.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC good to meet Fritz

Thanks all who pointed me to Vegan recipes. Went for Stuffed Peppers in the end, used some vegan cheese for Vegan Visitor, seemed to go down well. Looking at ingredients for future meal there seem to be lots of Soya involved, my doctor warned me off high Soya intake and it's dangers a few years ago, Mrs MC says I can't mention this or the poor girl will have nothing to eat, more research needed me thinks.

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your painting reflected your experience, take care with that storm damage mending.

Don’t worry @Muddy Cyclist
I had to come back in. It looks deceptively calmish, but there are still very powerful gusts of wind. It’s not safe with this flapping debris, then the rain started...

I managed fill one rubble bag full of Storm Dennis debris but that is my lot for today.

Storm Dennis smashed my quail hutch (no quail in it now, so don’t worry). Henrietta died of old age a few years ago, and I was going to get more quail because she was a good layer of eggs.

Now the hutch needs smashing smaller to get in the rubble bag...

You take care driving.
I think you might need a duck boat...
The gusts are still powerful and unexpected.

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It all looks so calm now outside; the trees have packed in their Zumba classes, bamboo though still doing swing, small birds jumping amongst the bird feeders - finches and those other small ones that you can’t actually spell out on here unless you want to be on the naughty step.

Like the Thai place @jjraak - can you let me know where it is, will be in London in May for a bit.

hahaha trees doing Zumba..very well observed.....:hilarious::hilarious:

Poppy's was the restaurant, 3 of them apparently so a little choice of venue.
ours was Poppy's 2... HERE

ignore tube advice..Closest tube is Barons court 12 min walk (piccadilly + district lines), best bet is Hammersmith Broadway 15 min walk (piccadilly + District lines) or bus, or Uber. ..Parking metered spaces usually available in nearby streets

if using barons court through cemetery is quicker

MENU , perhaps?..Deliveroo DO deliver..;):D

not a fan, but here is the FB link..(it's their restaurant website, apparently, dear god.. :rolleyes: :banghead:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today after an Indian meal out I am very happy.

For info, the amazing dr unwin:

Lots to do today, car to buy, house to clear, elderly father in law to sort, grandchildren to see, and dinner to make, after shopping for dinner! TripAdvisor review to do from away days. Always long winded (no surprise there) so will take time.

Sunny here but hearing bad reports from Wales and other places. Hope no fatalities.

Very sad to hear about Caroline Flack. Can't get her off my mind.

Stay safe everyone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a poor nights sleep so not long up..11.50 :bag:
stressing over nothing but the weather, (fool), and Marley insisting on hugs at 3 am, and showing me his bum end when ignored.......nice :wideyed:

Best wishes it all works out @gennepher sounds like a hell of a night..hope cars IS unscathed, even if other things need repairing..(cost of the smallest thing can be astronomical, and god forbid the roof gets dented..:banghead: )

A wild night out there it seemed..higher winds i thought then Ciara in the capital.
hope all re assessing none, if not then little damage to one and all.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weat...ice-warning-EA-environmental-agency-uk-weather

EDIT winds picking up here again as predicted (dark skies *5 star app here)

interesting point at end re male female names..mmhh
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2449945/how-uk-storm-names-2020-who-decide/

anyway the meter of Mirth and Joy gave me a wonderful 5.1..almost but no cigar, but hey, i'll take that all day long, thank you very much.

poached eggs in my poached egg bags done, bacon mushrooms, and one tomato, and several hot mugs of tea.
madame out to dinner with my valentines date, so free to sit and do nuffink:D..until she gets home..:woot:

then i'll have to look like i'm doing something, at least ..then sit down with her, all exhausted, like :hilarious::hilarious:

RiP Caroline Fleck..
( Not a fan of social media, seems a real bear pit most of the time, the web really frees up the anonymous
keyboard warriors to spread their vile vitriol far and wide )

Sure it's a case of modern day life, plaudits and pundits, particularly if you want to be in the public eye at some point,
but to have any life ended over stresses that may add to perhaps an already fragile state..just so sad.

Not sure if outside of the 'public gaze' such a case would have been in the public interest OR had the effort put in that the CPS seem to have made here,
particularly as the ex wanted to withdraw charges, made in haste, in the heat of the moment maybe.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/caroline-flack-management-slams-cps-show-trial-a4363091.html

tragic consequences either way.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
had the effort put in that the CPS seem to have made here,
The CPS are so inconsistent @jjraak people on bail for years...very expensive trials abandoned because they got it wrong...charges levied when they never should be...grooming gangs allowed to abuse & trade young girls for years without any action...they have two criteria for charging 1) is there a reasonable prospect of securing a conviction 2) is it in the public interest... how they thought Caroline met the threshold test I have no idea...her boyfriend did not support the prosecution & disputed the facts they relied upon...unlikely they would have got a conviction...she was charged with battery otherwise known as common assault the most minor assault charge on the statute books which as a summary matter would have been limited to the Magistrates Court...yet we hear of 'blood' all over the place' extensive injuries very doubtful that was the case otherwise I would have expected the charges to be more serious ABH or GBH...something badly wrong there not just for Caroline Flack but all the others that have suffered as a result of the CPS's inadequacy and a reluctance to accept they do get it wrong.

Reactions: DJC3 and geefull

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bow to your more intimate knowledge, @HarryBeau .. But have read and spotted many of the type of incidences your post highlights.

Shameful how inept they seem to be.

Far too much PC for my liking but I've learned 'people' don't like anyone disputing clear facts anymore.... One law for all, until it isn't, in case it offends, is the new order of the day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.7 this morning

it's a mite windy here ;) hope everyone is safe

The trees are lashing about at mum's and Katy, being a fairly sensible small dog didn't want to go outside at all today :hilarious: although this side of the penisula is a bit calmer it's still a bit raucous as my gran used to say.

Sausage casserole for lunch today and very tasty it was too, though I say so myself ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

was 4.7 this morning

it's a mite windy here ;) hope everyone is safe

The trees are lashing about at mum's and Katy, being a fairly sensible small dog didn't want to go outside at all today :hilarious: although this side of the penisula is a bit calmer it's still a bit raucous as my gran used to say.

Sausage casserole for lunch today and very tasty it was too, though I say so myself ;)

wot..NO recipe..:wideyed:

:D

nice day had, despite the weather it sounds..:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
very tasty it was too, though I say so myself ;)

Your opinion is good enough for us mere mortals oh doyen of LC. Katie has the right idea if it is raucous. Stay safe so we can continue to enjoy and benefit from your posts.

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1
Maybe no sleep has something to do with the rise.

I was up at first light removing as much as I could of fence debris to open the gate enough so I can get out now and access the car. But it is still too windy for a tidy up. Will wait until Dennis has battered itself out of existence. I haven't been able to check for any other damage yet...hopefully any more will just be minor.

so, painting for today...erm, not a calm one...impending zombie apocalypse?

A4size, acrylics for background, and the tempera paint sticks just like yesterday...

View attachment 38693
Cat and me under electric blanket. I might catch some sleep.
Take care.
I had an an email saying red rain warning for Wales about an hour ago. I think it is more South Wales. I live in North Wales. So take care if you are in the vicinity.
Hugs for those who need them.

This is wonderful Gennepher, apocalyptic maybe, certainly atmospheric. I hope the weather has calmed down in N Wales.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The CPS are so inconsistent @jjraak people on bail for years...very expensive trials abandoned because they got it wrong...charges levied when they never should be...grooming gangs allowed to abuse & trade young girls for years without any action...they have two criteria for charging 1) is there a reasonable prospect of securing a conviction 2) is it in the public interest... how they thought Caroline met the threshold test I have no idea...her boyfriend did not support the prosecution & disputed the facts they relied upon...unlikely they would have got a conviction...she was charged with battery otherwise known as common assault the most minor assault charge on the statute books which as a summary matter would have been limited to the Magistrates Court...yet we hear of 'blood' all over the place' extensive injuries very doubtful that was the case otherwise I would have expected the charges to be more serious ABH or GBH...something badly wrong there not just for Caroline Flack but all the others that have suffered as a result of the CPS's inadequacy and a reluctance to accept they do get it wrong.

Have to say I was saddened by the report of her death last night, I don’t read tabloids or ‘do’ social media apart from a limited Facebook presence. Your summing up of the inadequacies of the CPS has perturbed me though and I have to agree. It all seems so very sad.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally a chance to sit and read through today’s posts before I get left behind again. Dinner has been made and eaten to the soundtrack of R2’s Sounds of the 70s with Johnny Walker, my favourite program of the week. Mr C gone out with Dennis, complete with new lead ( thanks for your comments @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC ) MrC had more faith in him than I would have done - I’d have carried him back but I was very proud of both my boys when I heard what they’d done.
Granddaughters are here but happily playing upstairs, they bought a homemade present for Dennis - a string of knotted odd socks - he loves it and played tug and fetch for ages. Brilliant use of odd socks.