What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspired by my drive home last night and my inclination to dwell on an apocalyptic happening, my doom and gloom meter as Mrs MC likes to call it, I offer today's effort. Chased by Dennis over Cannock Chase which felt like the horse men of the book of Revelations were on my tail.
Watercolour A4 25 minutes and a bit twee, sorry.
IMG_2612.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Inspired by my drive home last night and my inclination to dwell on an apocalyptic happening, my doom and gloom meter as Mrs MC likes to call it, I offer today's effort. Chased by Dennis over Cannock Chase which felt like the horse men of the book of Revelations were on my tail.
View attachment 38715

That is brilliant @Muddy Cyclist
I love it :)
It's not twee!!!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs a Right good factual bit of writing for your grandson. :) Now what about some real fiction and phantasy about the alternative worlds that Liam, Aimee and Dan could have found themselves in could call it Makebelieve World but I'm sure you will find a better name.

Look forward to the sequel, great bit of writing, maybe @gennepher and I could illustrate it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched that on the edge of my seat so I'd have eaten all the pistachios...ps. what really happened at the end was he a ghost?...didn't really get:rolleyes:

Nooo! I haven’t caught up with it yet - I’m going to have to read the rest of the posts with my fingers in my ears!!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There was a strange scent to the place @SaskiaKC .....
Just think what effect that little extra with your breakfast might do for your art, dare you go back! But only if you feel safe.

A few years ago I attended Life Drawing Classes 3 hours every Wednesday. I did this for 3 years and would arrive home happy, content and elated, Mrs MC used to think it was all those naked bodies I got to study, the reality was that some of the younger students were smoking a certain weird tobacco, lecturers turned a blind eye, the rest of us in the class benefited :joyful::joyful: Can't say it improved my drawing though.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 38715
Amazing painting - not at all twee.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All for some reason I am unable to doenload @Muddy Cyclist latest art but I am in no doubt it is a treasure. This last storm has certainly been a challenge for more than others (@gennepher). My son and GF struggled with flooding to get back to their abode in Horsham, West Sussex, has a big road floods and diversion. I think certain areas (esp where @gennepher lives have had it bad). Tbh we have struggled with the howlng wind in the chimney but we got through but it in a small it does make me very anxious.

Take care everyone.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My internet went down totally both phone and wi fi last night, just as I posted my last reply on this thread.

Fbg 7.9
Not going to worry bout that rise. Who cares...

That Storm Dennis at 5pm was Armageddon.

I love storms and lightning I have always said that. But this Storm Dennis was a whole new level of unbridled fury.

It had died down a bit from its absolute fury of my previous post. But then as i was replying to @DJC3 it was like an explosion, my garden was suddenly flattened by the wind, and I have trees (about 15-20 foot high) and bushes, then the wind whipped round and round from every direction bending all trees and bushes every which way.

My internet had gone for the phone as well by then.

I was petrified. And the driving rain. I realised my heart was pounding. I don't think i have ever had that before. When it subsided somewhat i went to make a cup of tea. But i couldnt do it. My kettle boils and puts the water direct in the cup...I didn't put the cup under it. Don't worry I was fine, i didnt get scalded. I couldn't do anything. So i went to bed and took a book to read, but I couldnt read the words.

Popeye laid on my chest in his I am guarding you position and he didn't go to sleep and i felt the vibrations of his purrs all night. I did sleep. He didn't. Each time i woke up he was watching me.

So i got up at 4 as usually and did this painting of a storm, but i needed the charcoal and graphite, and that was in the garage. So a torch and i went and got it. It is messy stuff which is why i dont do it in the house. But it was needed for my storm clouds.

So you can see the materials i used in the second photo. A kneadable eraser and a electric eraser, and other stuff.

And you can see my painting desk is one mess...I started this charcoal on top of everything else...

I was brushing the charcoal and graphite off, but that was making a bad mess on top of all my other stuff. Then i though, i bought a handheld rechargeable vacuum cleaner last week. Would that take the charcoal and graphite dust off...it did!!!

So then that is me vacuuming up the charcoal graphite painting. It worked. I will do some more indoors now.

View attachment 38712

View attachment 38713

I am still shaky from yesterday. Like i said before i am never going to get flooded in the way all those poor souls have been with rivers running through their houses. So i have a lot to be grateful for.

I need to get out of this place for a couple of hours. So I haven't checked out your posts, i might not be able to because this internet connection is more off that on. The light keeps trolling through from green to amber then stays on red then it tried so amber again, then switches to green for a second, then goes down to amber and red again. I need green to post this. So i have written this on a note pad app. If i cant do it here, i will do it when i go out, hopefully.

There is a new cafe opened last week, called the Golden Restuarant (I cannot spell that and spellcheck is down!). So if that is open i will try and post from there. There was a board outside saying English Breakfast £5.

The sky this morning and blue and sunny and totally belies yesterday.

Be safe
Take care
Hugs
Catch you later...
Blimey! Hope things have calmed down now. Awful that the storm was so frightening for you!
On a lighter note your painting is wonderful.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just think what effect that little extra with your breakfast might do for your art, dare you go back! But only if you feel safe.

A few years ago I attended Life Drawing Classes 3 hours every Wednesday. I did this for 3 years and would arrive home happy, content and elated, Mrs MC used to think it was all those naked bodies I got to study, the reality was that some of the younger students were smoking a certain weird tobacco, lecturers turned a blind eye, the rest of us in the class benefited :joyful::joyful: Can't say it improved my drawing though.
I am not going back!
I was the only customer in there @Muddy Cyclist so that means I get all that passive stuff....
I have never seen any other customers in there as I have driven past. But that was only in the morning and afternoon....I cannot vouch for evenings...

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice today as I stagger on to McGarrett plains once again, lets hope Dennis has done his worst. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected, particularly those who have been flooded out of their homes, there were shocking scenes on the news.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice today as I stagger on to McGarrett plains once again, lets hope Dennis has done his worst. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected, particularly those who have been flooded out of their homes, there were shocking scenes on the news.

Congratulations on regaining the plains! :)