What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oohh Kia sportage..VERY Nice.

Here's a little link, just in case you meet another 'petrol head'....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
and wanted to mention just how GOOD the car is ..apart from what a lovely colour it is..;)

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/h...19-kia-sportage-named-most-popular-crossover/

Like this guys reports, nice concise and pretty spot on.
not a Clarkson, but better for it, i think.
Defo popular. Going up in price as so popular. Would normally go for new (pcp deal) but I retired from work as did Eric (although they have begged him back 2 days a week and he is loving it) so need to be more careful. Decided we dont need brand new. This one is a year old and 8k on the clock. Got her for £17,500 as oppose to about 26k. Win win. We have done pcp deals for years. Love them. Low monthly payments and brand new car (ish this time). Petrol. But governments bringing legislation out around 2033, no petrol or diesel cars. Or hybrid I think. So basically we will be all electric. Lots of charging stations! I saw on top gear (I'm just showing off now) that Porsche charged in 20 minutes. Only 4 charging stations like this in UK to date though.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anna is lovely! Thank you for posting her picture. :) The name "Anna" has family associations for me too.
The cheese is making me hungry. :)
surely a Russian princess with a name like that, no.

ANNAKIA

Na Zdorovie
Screenshot (320).png

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Defo popular. Going up in price as so popular. Would normally go for new (pcp deal) but I retired from work as did Eric (although they have begged him back 2 days a week and he is loving it) so need to be more careful. Decided we dont need brand new. This one is a year old and 8k on the clock. Got her for £17,500 as oppose to about 26k. Win win. We have done pcp deals for years. Love them. Low monthly payments and brand new car (ish this time). Petrol. But governments bringing legislation out around 2033, no petrol or diesel cars. Or hybrid I think. So basically we will be all electric. Lots of charging stations! I saw on top gear (I'm just showing off now) that Porsche charged in 20 minutes. Only 4 charging stations like this in UK to date though.

That is a GREAT deal, @Debandez
that new car feeling must be nice, until you hit the pavement and depreciation kicks in, BIG Time..:wideyed::banghead:

yeah the road ahead looks a decidedly choppy one for drivers
did read that this generation may be the last to actually have the majority be ABLE to drive
new licences down on previous Gens,, throw in the hassle of car buying once it is all electric AND we can all charge the cars in a decent time frame at home and when travelling...(mmh reading that back, not too sure that reduced capacity, won't BE a part of the engineering i mention below )
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lancee...aby-boomers-and-how-self-driving-cars-fit-in/

The self drive cars may not be for all, but the self driving taxis, and renting a car for a few hours, MIGHT just be theirs and many others Green first choice.
Don't think of it as WILL i want to buy..think more what will the neighbours say IF i DO buy my own car..:wideyed:

We're heading down the road of many things being socially engineered in to make us stop and make the 'Right' :watching: choices, Environmentally and Otherwise...(much like smoking, so ingrained yet the ban went ahead peacefully enough didn't it )

enjoy the car :happy: .
( Going to come in handy in the ZA..get loads in one of them..:D )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a yawny 5.7 this morning

catnapped at half 3, by marley
been googling stuff since then,
not sure WHY i'm surprised, but
i looked at BBC, then input LOCAL news, knowing what i'd see..and sadly life didn't disappoint me.

5 topic slots reading as..

BOMB PLOT (IS)
stabbing at a mosque
stabbing in the street (died)
Killer jailed for driving at officer
and lastly shopping centre delay, a Disaster..(really :rolleyes:)

the Capital certainly gives Midsomer Murders a run for it's money.

when did it all go SO horribly wrong.
i don't want fluffy kittens and puppies but what an awful reality
we have manufactured for ourselves..

Enjoy the day all.

working on bikes ..a 5 minute job...really ?? :rolleyes: :banghead:

,,2nd day because of ONE stubboirn ******* bolt....aagghh
off to lie down in a bit and restart the day again, and see if it's ANY better..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay...been up since 3:15am this morning
Fbg 6.3
Gone down a bit again...

Already done my daily painting.
Back in bed for a meditation...Popeye, cat, is staring out of my window at those gusts of winds battering my garden...the wind is never going to stop is it?

2A859123-6637-4042-8C7D-49B79754AF5E.jpeg

I don't like this sketchbook. The pages curl badly. It is a 300gsm paper. I find that 220gsm paper doesn't do this. A few more pages to go to finish it, then a new sketchbook.

The painting took an hour. Tools used at the side. Acrylics were done first on the paper in greens last night before I went to bed. Left to dry overnight, then worked on this morning with all the stuff on the left. The Japanese fude pen first, and the brush above with some water on to blend some of the back from the fude pen. A white chalk pen. Then the green child's tempera paint stick. That is how i get the effective moss I do on trees and stone. Moon was done with the chalk pen. I did stick my finger in some white acrylic to try and do a finger moon, but it went wonky....

There endeth your painting lesson for today....

Popeye has persuaded me to open my bedroom window (it is pitch black at 5 am) to let him out there in the wilds of my garden...he has come shooting in twice like a bullet, not sure what is going on out there. He probably is spooked by the wind and all the moving stuff. I haven't let him go out after dark after he got attacked (although the attack from whatever it was happened in daylight by the cat flap). He has been building his confidence gradually. Though if I am in the kitchen he won't go out of the cat flap, but looks at me to open the kitchen door. So I open it, but I can tell from the way he is sniffing that there has been something lurking out there and left its scent. Depending on the scent, he might go cautiously out of the door, or he may look at me again, and waits for me to come out with him to the front garden. (I cannot access the back garden from my kitchen door) And then he sniffs around while I wait. Then he looks at me as though to say go in mum I am fine from here. And he disappears into the undergrowth....

I think he is doing amazing for his age to get over the attack and reassess his life so to speak. Animals (and people too) just need time and love, and then we all find a way through...

Take care
Be kind
Hugs xxx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fbg was 5.3 @ 5.10 ish this morning - low carb, fresh air always = early rising for me. That fbg almost 1 whole point from where I personally think good control lives. LC/Keto sat nav unable to take me there or provide a route I am comfortable with never mind happy about. Stump removal day with No 1 son which is something I will enjoy far more than perhaps I should but has definite links to my dad and grandfather. That type of activity has in the past been way more beneficial to bg control and all round wellbeing than lc ever has - there is clearly a clue there. @Muddy Cyclist did I read your post correctly and 3 more grandchildren ? - huge congratulations. @gennepher amazing artwork once again and I hope you and Popeye have a great day. I'm loving the slowly unfolding story of Jacob lately @SaskiaKC better than a straight run through. Psalm 68 has some blood thirsty parts in there but vs 5,6, 18 and 19 are a whole lot more cuddly. To all of you I hope your readings are as low as you want, your pleasures soar like an eagle and long may they both continue to delight you. Looks like your day has started well @karen8967 - yay

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice today. Off out for a dawn raid on the supermarket, then off to eldest daughters to rebuild her tumble drier and fit new drive belt, then to youngest daughters to build new garden/music room for them after storm Dennis double sixed us last week.
@Muddy Cyclist, that's the best news to receive, you must be over the moon.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well still awake, so had a few litttle jobs on bike that needed doing, to occupy the wasted hours kip
silly bits that had seized or broken
nothing mission critiical but i knew.

so as i'm NOT an artiste, but a kerb side bodger,
i fell back on the only two things we REALLY need,
(if you don't include the obligatory BIG HAMMER)

WD40 & duct tape
and i loved how i first heard them described many years ago
as
"for when it SHOULD move and doesn't
And when It SHOULDN'T Move and does."
not far wrong...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

little jobs done and jb weld setting,
time for another Cuppa, me thinks..

and yes indeed that good news had slipped by me
CONGRATULATIONS @Muddy Cyclist ..

Gonna need more fans...;)
plus got the makings of a small choir now, mate.:D

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...very snotty/coughy today feeling fortunate though as it could be worse... slept fretfully last night day three of the lurgy hoping it's reached its zenith now...think lowering my carbs intake to minimal levels & very late nights has left me a little run down so another cold...going back to moderate carbs & regular meals for a few days worked fine for me previously...the Lempsip Max & throat lozenges (full of sugar) are helping despite pushing my blood sugars up & up but I'm prioritising getting well first.. on duty today hoping the rain holds off...woke to a not surprising 7.2

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WD40 & duct tape
and i loved how i first heard them described many years ago
as
"for when it SHOULD move and doesn't
And when It SHOULDN'T Move and does."
not far wrong...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

little jobs done and jb weld setting,
time for another Cuppa, me thinks..

What would we do without those two items @jjraak ?

I have enough supplies of those to get me through the ZA....

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...very snotty/coughy today feeling fortunate though as it could be worse... slept fretfully last night day three of the lurgy hoping it's reached its zenith now...think lowering my carbs intake to minimal levels & very late nights has left me a little run down so another cold...going back to moderate carbs & regular meals for a few days worked fine for me previously...the Lempsip Max & throat lozenges (full of sugar) are helping despite pushing my blood sugars up & up but I'm prioritising getting well first.. on duty today hoping the rain holds off...woke to a not surprising 7.2
Take care @HarryBeau
Wrap up well.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs
I appreciate that.

I love garden work too...have fun!
Thanks. Garden work like that and lawn mowing I really enjoy. Anything to do with flowers or shrubs largely annoys me - vegetables and fruit are fine. Not at all sure how that will work in this Hobbit sized garden. This is a standard sized 4 bed detached family home and garden just soo much smaller than where we moved from.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Your lovely scene looks like an amphitheatre just waiting for audience and cast.

@Muddy Cyclist Congratulations on the 3 lovely grandfans and the 3 prospective grandsons.

@ianpspurs I used to have a book of children's Bible stories with lovely illustrations. Tonight/this morning I am seeing some of the Jacob pictures in my mind's eye.

@jjraak Do UK motorways have signs about Alternative Fuel Corridors? We saw one on the interstate on our Wednesday road trip and my friends said they had seen others on a recent journey out of state.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs, and hoping the rain holds off. Take care. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice ..:D

He's a deffo a keeper, stays sane even though lovely as you are, it must be torment for him...
(my sincere sympathies to Mr K :bag:)

and not picking on you, @Krystyna23040 ..it's an epidemic
this is just one of many, many i have observed..
that just shows the divide between men and women.

and it's not just here, i observe this on many other forum threads..NO WOMEN EVER mentions WHAT car it is first..WHY NOT ?

FIRST WORLD TOPIC amongst men..what car you got.." it's a vauxhall, volvo, vollkswagen, bmw, ford, etc etc etc."..then it's onto the gadgetrs and then, maybe, just maybe colour of it

here it's like a cross between charades and listening to the wife....:banghead:

" oh did i tell you so & so's bought her daughter a new car"
"Of really..how lovely, what is it."
"ooh i can't remember.. it's BLUE if that helps.....and pretty "

"No not really..any idea of the make maybe, ..what year is it, perhaps....?."
"Not sure, but i know it's one of those ones that has that Bluetooth camera thing..and a dash cam radio "

"Hon, ..hon, where you gone....??/ "..as she hears the front door gently close
as i leave the house, screaming quietly into the night air...:banghead::banghead:.:rolleyes:

Yes i know @HarryBeau , you do know your onions,...:D

Btw, if Mr K wants to join my men's self help group, get him to call me..
waiting list is waaaayy long, obviously
but i'll happily put him on it..:)

;)
Mr K says please please could you add him to the waiting list for your men's self help group as it might help him stay sane.

He wanted me to update my car last year because he doesn't want me to risk a breakdown on my drive home at night. He kept on and on about it but I loved my car and stubbornly wouldn't change it.

So he got me to visit our Vauxhall dealers under the pretence of checking something on my car.

While I was sitting drinking a cup of coffee he gave the salesman a list of things that would tempt me: heated seats and steering wheel,, sat nav etc. etc. They then showed me a lovely and very shiny black 6 month old Crossland with everything that would tempt me - I loved it immediately and bought it there and then.

No doubt he checked engine size etc. etc.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I choose for the colour regardless of how many wheels it has or if it even has an engine ;-)
It was the the really shiny blackness of the car that swung it for me. I think it has been treated to make it so shiny. Luckily it also had an engine and wheels.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think some American can manufacturer needs to invent a cooled steering wheel. I have never heard of a heated one before, but many many times I have gotten into a car in the summertime only to have the steering wheel too hot to touch. Modern padded steering wheels are only slightly less hot than the older hard ones. :(
What a good idea. You are right - the steering wheel does get really hot when the temperature goes up. Perhaps you could patent your idea.