What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg of 5.3 which isn't great but plays into the theme of not adding to the burden on the NHS - no added stress caused by my T2 control. OMAD seems like a pubic spirited way forward. @karen8967 hug for hypo earlier and hope things stabilised now. @Muddy Cyclist and @PenguinMum glad fbgs in the zone. @gennepher best wishes on the hunt for replacement cooker. @Barb McD great fbg and good to see you back. Stay safe, think of others and keep calm - this too will pass.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hoping there will have been other posts since my last one. @dunelm and others, I agree our PM and advisers have been shown up badly but (allegedly all this was known and easily predictable at least in Jan) that is always possible in a democracy. He and they stand in a long tradition of engaging but obviously wrong leaders who tell us what we want to hear advised by very eccentric but charismatic mavericks. However, he is not a murderer or anti democratic as per Putin etc and neither he nor this crisis will last forever. The big question, IMHO, seems to be what we do next to avoid ever being in this mess again. Wisdom of Solomon needed over care of children now schools are closed - minimum wage hired hands/ understanding of employers (yeah, right) or grandparents? As an aside, @jjraak , my temperature is almost always in 34s - did rise to 35.1 yesterday at one point. DIL who works on a teenage cancer ward has been told if my son or granddaughter have symptoms she has to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree our PM and advisers have been shown up badly but ( allegedly all this was known and easily predictable at least in Jan) that is always possible in a democracy.

if by allegedly you mean they obviously knew and should have been taken notice of..totally agree

i mean, isn't that what government departments are meant to do..spot dangers and plan for POSSIBLE Eventualities.
Pretty big story since Dec, bound to have noticed it....:hilarious:

Sure with your educational background, you would have seen the possible trend re school closures,
much more clearly then a lay person like myself

and while something the government wanted to delay obviously, ( as you say shown up as poor,)
it wasn't rocket science (;)) the contradicting information and the genuine fear of people,
it was clear to all, i would have thought, that some would decide to stay home, and keep the kids off.
so not enough teachers to keep kids safe,and the obvious reluctance of teachers parents and the children to place themselves in potential danger, seems to have been the over arching reason schools closed,
and the govt had little choice BUT to close schools.

I think for many this won't be real until they see the body bags, or close relatives dying, sadly

I hope it's none of us on here, and we all stay safe and well, for as long as this lasts.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
if by allegedly you mean they obviously knew and should have been taken notice of..totally agree

i mean, isn't that what government departments are meant to do..spot dangers and plan for POSSIBLE Eventualities.
Pretty big story since Dec, bound to have noticed it....:hilarious:

Sure with your educational background, you would have seen the possible trend re school closures,
much more clearly then a lay person like myself

and while something the government wanted to delay obviously, ( as you say shown up as poor,)
it wasn't rocket science (;)) the contradicting information and the genuine fear of people,
it was clear to all, i would have thought, that some would decide to stay home, and keep the kids off.
so not enough teachers to keep kids safe,and the obvious reluctance of teachers parents and the children to place themselves in potential danger, seems to have been the over arching reason schools closed,
and the govt had little choice BUT to close schools.

I think for many this won't be real until they see the body bags, or close relatives dying, sadly

I hope it's none of us on here, and we all stay safe and well, for as long as this lasts.
The "allegedly" was covering my back somewhat. Action could have been taken earlier but the hit Brexit will cause underlies the slow reaction IMHO - obvious UK can't take both and their whole charade depends on whistling in the dark over that. Johnson only telling people what enough people to get him elected/make him popular wanted to hear which is basically what he has always done. Since that propelled him into the top job why would he change?

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right so marley packed and ready to go,
Lauren's out in the wastelands of Chernobyl
scavenging amongst the ruins of supermarket society..:hilarious:
so when she gets home we'll formulate a plan for how to run the blockade.

Maybe a while tho... The ELC (Escaping London Committee) recently formed of
me lauren & marley, will have to convene our own cobra meeting,
i have pencilled in next Thursday for urgent talk to resolve our current crisis.
as per standard UK guidelines for any crisis.

all those in favour..aye, aye, meow...Carried :D

Reactions: Barb McD

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
19-03-2020 woke early again, this time still tired, but not enough to return to Land of Nod. FBG 5.8. Waited 30 mins hoping it was going down, but no, DP kicked in hard.

FBG 6.4 Eek, change of breakfast plan, now having eggs, not the single slice of toast with peanut butter I had promised myself.

@jjraak "Pasta from Italy and rice from China - wear a mask when eating."

Good to start the day with a chuckle.

@gennepher great news about the win. Nice to know something good happened in your life.

Found this beauty in a wheelbarrow this morning. Now released back into the wild patch.
20200319_095741.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
19-03-2020 woke early again, this time still tired, but not enough to return to Land of Nod. FBG 5.8. Waited 30 mins hoping it was going down, but no, DP kicked in hard.

FBG 6.4 Eek, change of breakfast plan, now having eggs, not the single slice of toast with peanut butter I had promised myself.

@gennepher great news about the win. Nice to know something good happened in your life.

Found this beauty in a wheelbarrow this morning. Now released back into the wild patch.
View attachment 39515

Nice number.

and yes, the perfect antidote to many worrying situations.
thank you for getting that, many don't seem to have a humour button...:D

nice to see your sense of humour undiminished after all the recent trials and tribulations you yourself have been through.

Hope Mr slim is recovering well

and now my 'Free the Worm One' campaign, has been has collapsed due to your actions :sorry:
i bid you adieu .:happy:

Reactions: ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher great news about the win. At last something good happened in you life.5555
Nice number.

and now my 'Free the Worm One' campaign, has been has collapsed due to your actions :sorry:
i bid you adieu .:happy:
SlowWorm moved quite quickly for cool early morning. Dived straight under a pile of twigs. Deliberately left to be wildlife habitat. Am concerned that we are tidying up too much in the garden.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dropped off some saved up supplies to my niece and nephews yesterday.(clairvoyant, me :rolleyes:)
yet another depressing example of the misery the deniers have left in their moronic wake.

despite me asking, telling beseeching them to prep, that 'rolled Eyes' as i bored them, swiftly changed to WIDE EYED in shock yesterday. as they saw the shops for themselves as they finally stirred to the danger.

I had exactly the same among my friends @jjraak

I have warned them for long enough...a couple of months actually.

Now they haven't a clue what bombshell has just got them.
Just got a text from one, she lives 40 miles away. And she (and her husband) has steadfastly refused to learn computers and get on the internet. So now, by text (she is not even on WhatsApp which would make stuff easier), she wants me to to send her details of where pensioners shopping hours are. I don't know her local area for shop things on that. Trying to download a Google docs PDF which would give me the coronavirus group in her area, but I think it is Facebook only. I am going to tell her to update her very basic mobile so she can get Facebook and whatsapp, and any pleas that she can't do it will fall on deaf ears literally....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hoping there will have been other posts since my last one. @dunelm and others, I agree our PM and advisers have been shown up badly but (allegedly all this was known and easily predictable at least in Jan) that is always possible in a democracy. He and they stand in a long tradition of engaging but obviously wrong leaders who tell us what we want to hear advised by very eccentric but charismatic mavericks. However, he is not a murderer or anti democratic as per Putin etc and neither he nor this crisis will last forever. The big question, IMHO, seems to be what we do next to avoid ever being in this mess again. Wisdom of Solomon needed over care of children now schools are closed - minimum wage hired hands/ understanding of employers (yeah, right) or grandparents? As an aside, @jjraak , my temperature is almost always in 34s - did rise to 35.1 yesterday at one point. DIL who works on a teenage cancer ward has been told if my son or granddaughter have symptoms she has to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Something nice to do with children, and grown ups, when schools close:
http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob