What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well have just returned from today’s useless and dangerous outing. Friend needed prescription from her doc in Kent to be sent electronically to my little Boots in the next village to me. Queued outside and insidefor 25 mins with no distancing and bloke behind me snorting, sneezing and coughing. Wrapped my scarf around my face, back of my coat might have CV. Another one further back same. When I got to the counter the script hadnt been sent through so will need to do it again. At least they put it on my texting arrangement with them now so it wont be a wasted journey. I feel like a cat that just lost one life. If all these people who get unwell are just going to head to the chemist for pills its going to be a dissaster. The ones in question were men in their 20/30s.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well have just returned from today’s useless and dangerous outing. Friend needed prescription from her doc in Kent to be sent electronically to my little Boots in the next village to me. Queued outside and insidefor 25 mins with no distancing and bloke behind me snorting, sneezing and coughing. Wrapped my scarf around my face, back of my coat might have CV. Another one further back same. When I got to the counter the script hadnt been sent through so will need to do it again. At least they put it on my texting arrangement with them now so it wont be a wasted journey. I feel like a cat that just lost one life. If all these people who get unwell are just going to head to the chemist for pills its going to be a dissaster. The ones in question were men in their 20/30s.
That is what was worrying me @PenguinMum . Other people. An awful amount of coughing this morning where I was, and no attempt to cover the mouth with anything.

There is no concept here of social distancing. It is not happening.

Hang your coat on the washing line a couple of days and overnight in the cold, if you can. Maybe spray it with a non bleach antibacterial spray.

Hugs for you

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC
Some links but I cannot find the kinds of groups we have, but there must be something.
However I am guessing they may be a bit church based in your neck of the woods.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/technology/coronavirus-how-to-live-online.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...s/guidance-community-faith-organizations.html

I am afraid I am finding difficulty finding the kind of stuff I am finding here in UK, in the United States.

Thank you for posting the links. :)
I have talked with a couple of neighbors by phone. One called me, I called the other. One is staying glued to her favorite TV news channel, the other is "exercising common sense" (her words), and not worrying.

This morning I learned how to draw a Greg-osaurus. :)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

How horrible. :rolleyes::eek:
But thank goodness your Boots will text you next time.
I am waiting for a text from my pharmacy to tell me my test strips and lancets have come in. They are due sometime today. I would like to get it done before late afternoon, it's supposed to be 26 degrees by late afternoon. :(

Hugs to you and your friend. :)

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for posting the links. :)
I have talked with a couple of neighbors by phone. One called me, I called the other. One is staying glued to her favorite TV news channel, the other is "exercising common sense" (her words), and not worrying.

This morning I learned how to draw a Greg-osaurus. :)
Oh dear @SaskiaKC
Social distancing is an alien concept here as well, which is why I don't want to be out. I don't want to be approached. A stranger and her daughter came up to me this afternoon while I was cutting the tops off a couple of trees in my front garden. They came right next to me to talk...I made excuses and came in. I won't be going out in the front garden again.

We are getting the black market prople out and about. Already been approached while I was in the front garden by a van selling meat ?????

And I got a message saying a van man was selling toilet rolls, hand sanitizer, and pasta on the corner of a particular road...

Your games thread people are probably a little busy for a day or so.

Hugs x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The KittenCat seems to know something is wrong. She is in "nurse" mode: she has not left my lap all day.
I feel fine physically and think I am OK mentally but I must be leaking some stress that she is sensing.

No word from the small-town apartment, but according to their website they are closed to all visitors and are limiting their own shopping trips. I am trying to look at it as giving me more time to save up more money for the move -- and for buying a mattress! :)

Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear @SaskiaKC
Social distancing is an alien concept here as well, which is why I don't want to be out. I don't want to be approached. A stranger and her daughter came up to me this afternoon while I was cutting the tops off a couple of trees in my front garden. They came right next to me to talk...I made excuses and came in. I won't be going out in the front garden again.

We are getting the black market prople out and about. Already been approached while I was in the front garden by a van selling meat ?????

And I got a message saying a van man was selling toilet rolls, hand sanitizer, and pasta on the corner of a particular road...

Your games thread people are probably a little busy for a day or so.

Hugs x

Thank you. :) You are probably right about the games thread people. I just hope they're not all glued to their TV sets.
I tried that last night, for the first time since September 1997, and soon got fed up and turned the TV off.
There is no practicable news on the TV.
One channel was bashing Trump.
Another channel was bashing the other channel for bashing Trump.
One channel was calling Trump a liar (old news, that).
Another channel was calling Trump a racist for saying this coronavirus had originated in China.
Another channel was bashing them all.
Still another channel was showing a refreshing alternative -- PM's Question Time. Corbyn vs Johnson.
The funniest broadcast was the press conference of Canada's PM. First he said something in English. Then he repeated himself in French, but I couldn't hear him because a translator was overriding him, saying in English what the PM was saying in French. The translator was obviously a very good translator, but a lousy public speaker, I couldn't understand his English translation any more than I could understand the PM's French!

Yesterday I was glad to have my 2 trekking poles with me on my walk. While waiting for the elevator I found myself tapping them together, as Olympic skiers do to signal the starter they're ready to take off.
Then I tried swinging them by their loops. Just around my own legs. But it occurred to me that if I did that out in public it would serve to set up a no-go zone around my person!
I wasn't gyrating wildly, just gently swinging them. :D

Hmm ... maybe I should practice baton twirling. ...

3fb272c9a31606479b836cf30baade75.jpg

Then, when all this is over, I can dance!

dancer (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The KittenCat seems to know something is wrong. She is in "nurse" mode: she has not left my lap all day.
I feel fine physically and think I am OK mentally but I must be leaking some stress that she is sensing.

No word from the small-town apartment, but according to their website they are closed to all visitors and are limiting their own shopping trips. I am trying to look at it as giving me more time to save up more money for the move -- and for buying a mattress! :)
Popeye is exactly the same @SaskiaKC
He wouldn't let me get up this morning. Clinging to my chest. And was very upset when I had to forcibly extract him from me, but I needed to get my table top cooker and kettle. He was shaking. He can pick up something is wrong.

You are okay and okay mentally, but today is a strange day when their is an air of bewilderment from the people who didn't see this coming despite being told, Popeye, like KittenCat are both picking up this strangeness in the world.

They do pick up stuff from us, but also they can pickup other stuff too.

All is well with you mentally, and otherwise.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. :) You are probably right about the games thread people. I just hope they're not all glued to their TV sets.
I tried that last night, for the first time since September 1997, and soon got fed up and turned the TV off.
There is no practicable news on the TV.
One channel was bashing Trump.
Another channel was bashing the other channel for bashing Trump.
One channel was calling Trump a liar (old news, that).
Another channel was calling Trump a racist for saying this coronavirus had originated in China.
Another channel was bashing them all.
Still another channel was showing a refreshing alternative -- PM's Question Time. Corbyn vs Johnson.
The funniest broadcast was the press conference of Canada's PM. First he said something in English. Then he repeated himself in French, but I couldn't hear him because a translator was overriding him, saying in English what the PM was saying in French. The translator was obviously a very good translator, but a lousy public speaker, I couldn't understand his English translation any more than I could understand the PM's French!

Yesterday I was glad to have my 2 trekking poles with me on my walk. While waiting for the elevator I found myself tapping them together, as Olympic skiers do to signal the starter they're ready to take off.
Then I tried swinging them by their loops. Just around my own legs. But it occurred to me that if I did that out in public it would serve to set up a no-go zone around my person!
I wasn't gyrating wildly, just gently swinging them. :D
Trekking Poles sound good @Saskia KC

This might make you laugh....

D25EDCED-74E4-465E-A0D4-1EC92D7FB65F.jpeg

From the batty cantankerous old lady....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Car crash..

I'm going to ramp my savings up to 50 million pounds, only got £5. At the moment, but in 12 weeks times...

Did he answer pestons
question.. How many tests are being done.. Is this 25,000 tests just wishful thinking..?

Not re-assured....
Any one remember that scene in jurassics park, where they left the the goat tethered for the t-rex. ..kinda how it feels right now

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning, although why I'm worrying about FBG during this crisis is beyond me. Maybe it's because it is something I can, to an extent, control?

Today I'm remotely setting up Zoom for a group of people, I know we have teachers on here and I don't know if you're aware that free software exists that allows classes to be held online. I'll put a link below although it seems they have become very popular overnight. Alternatives are Google, Skype both of whom offer a limited free service. Zoom lets you conference up to 100 people for free which is enough for most people.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/03/9561576/zoom-online-meetings-classes-coronavirus

Stay safe :)

Thank you for the info, I had not heard of Zoom looks very interesting. May suit our discussion group. Will check it out. Grandkids will be on line for school work but not sure what they are using, possibly something like Moodle VLE if it is still as popular in schools as it was a few years ago.

Reactions: UserABC2021

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trekking Poles sound good @Saskia KC

This might make you laugh....

View attachment 39534

From the batty cantankerous old lady....

Brilliant! Thank you for posting this. :)

I am glad the KittenCat and Popeye are not 1100-lb. prey animals, unlike horses. Humans leaking stress signals around those can cause a panic more dangerous than binge-shoppers!

Reactions: Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have continued with my watercolour of yesterday, still not sure I like this painting, I will complete it but may have to do another to make up the three in my Slate series. But for what it's worth here it is, will finish it Friday. Thumbnail is how it was before today's work.
IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you old enough this is a BBC intermission type moment. Bill and Ben arrive at their new home. Bill is lighter and has blue collar
upload_2020-3-19_18-32-33.png

Attachments

• 20200319_175208.jpg
    20200319_175208.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Barb McD

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 today. I am seriously starting to think about rationing the quantity of food we eat. I have enough for maybe 2 or three weeks except fresh stuff like bread, milk, salad, yogurt and veg. I have slightly reduced my own intake but of course more could be done. I had been working on the assumption that as I used up some of my freezer food, the supermarkets would get their act together, I would then expand my freezer range to include some bread, frozen veg etc. BUT despite talking the talk these stores are simply not walking the walk. Just some of my thoughts.

Have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe I DEMAND IT,,,

It doesn't seem too bad in my neck of the woods. Yes Lidl was ridiculous, just about cleaned out. However some stocks do seem to be reaching the shops. My son went out yesterday and bought sufficient groceries to feed his family well. Had to go to about four different shops to do so but got all he needed. He even managed to buy toilet rolls and kitchen towels.

Bloods been in the high 5s all day don't know why usually I hit the low fours mid afternoon. Been fighting a cold so it may be this.

Bloods this morning 5.7.

Reactions: Barb McD